Looking for Xenium Ice

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
rhinoceros

Looking for Xenium Ice

Post by rhinoceros »

I used to have a primo original xbox setup and methheads broke into my storage shed while I was deployed and stole it. I recently bought an original xbox on ebay to indulge in some nostalgia; I know I can softmod, but I'd really love to solder and put in a "new" chip to recreate the experience. Therefore, I'm looking to buy a Xenium Ice, the love of my modding experience. Let me know.
toxicmedz

Re: Looking for Xenium Ice

Post by toxicmedz »

Where are you located?
I might have a genuine Xenium Ice laying around.
I know for a fact I have a few clones if you're interested though, only drawback is their built in OS is the original release version and cannot be upgraded without bricking the chip.
shloader

Post by shloader »

I'm guessing from the United States cause of the term 'deployed'. Further guess west coast, like me, cause 'methheads', too. Not that these terms aren't used elsewhere, just more common over here.

Also, thanks toxicmedz for that bit of info. Have an ICE chip that looks slightly different than my other ICE chips and heard there were clones in the wild, but I did upgrade its OS successfully a year ago so I guess it's fine. I'm also thinking it's just an earlier version.

Ordinarily I wouldn't think to part with one of my precious ICE chips. That said, with respect to your service and shared passion for the Xbox if you don't get something going with toxicmedz due to geography or whatever I'm sure I can supply ya with whatever you need.
I make a conscious effort to use terms that can be googled.
Xbox modding is really about understanding the nomenclature, and a good HeXEn disc.
Drinking while posting happens. It's not like drinking and driving; try to be understanding.
toxicmedz

Post by toxicmedz »

For future reference for anyone looking into the Xenium Ice chip.
shloader

Post by shloader »

Now I'm assured all my ICE chips are legit, thankyou.
I make a conscious effort to use terms that can be googled.
Xbox modding is really about understanding the nomenclature, and a good HeXEn disc.
Drinking while posting happens. It's not like drinking and driving; try to be understanding.