USA : Xbox HARDmodding/PCB repair/TSOP Flashing/CAP REMOVAL

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
Mikeosoft

USA : Xbox HARDmodding/PCB repair/TSOP Flashing/CAP REMOVAL

Post by Mikeosoft »

LOCATED IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA USA 91403

Hey guys I am mikeosoft over on atariage.com, and mike26 on neo-geo.com forums. I've been offering these services there for quite some time now, and have been a member here for over a month or two. If anyone needs systems TSOP flashed, Clock Caps removed due to leakage or prevention for leakage (everyone should remove them), harddrive expansion, etc please PM me. I'd give my email but I'm not sure if that's recommended or allowed on these forums, so I'll check here often just incase.

Here's what I have to offer:

:SERVICES:

User pays shipping both ways.

Tsop flash (for xbox v.1 -v5 only) $20
Aladdin modchip + install $25
xbox harddrive reformat $15
xbox harddrive replacement (you supply ide drive) $20
xbox softmod $10

Soldering/Repairs
Clock capacitor removal and cleaning - $20
1st Gen Xbox Trace Corrosion Repair - $30
Clock cap replacement - not offered yet can't find a good cap replacement that won't leak...

:SYSTEMS FOR SALE:

XBMC4XBOX comes on all xbox I sell, please specify if you would like a certain build or not, if you do not I will include the most recent stable build by default.

1.) Original xbox v1.0 (clockcap is in perfect working order, shows no signs of swelling) TSOP flashed with IND BIOS, HD expanded to 80GB IDE drive and COINOPS 4 Full installed, XBMC4XBOX, Tools, UnleashX dashboard (streamlined easy to use). Comes with 1 controller, AV hookups, 1 power cord. - $115 plus shipping

PICS:

2) BOXED Original Xbox system, rare because it is still in the case with the original manuals, controller still in wrapper, av cables, and power cord still wrapped. Obviously I had to open it to mod it, which it is a 1.6 xbox softmoded with stock 8gb drive running coinops lite, UnleashX dash, setup like all the xbox's I do. -$130 plus shipping
(I can install a 160gb drive for $50)
PICS:

3. Xbox v.1.0 TSOP flashed with INDBios, Clock cap has been checked and is fine, 120GB hard drive, Coinops 4 full, xbox duke controller, av cable, and power cable. - $120 plus shipping

4. Xbox v1.4 Tsop winbond Flashed with INDBios, UnleashX dash, Clock cap checked over fine, 160GB harddrive, xbox controller, av cable, and power cable. - $130 plus shipping.

PICS:

Controllers & Hookups for sale

I have a bunch of xbox controllers, cables and, av hookups for sale.

Controllers are $5 dollars for the duke, or $6 a piece. Can add to any xbox order
A/V cable is $3
Power cable is $3
Doesn't make sense to ship just these, so i assume this price means included in any order.

Here's some of the work I do:

received an xbox that would randomly power off/power buttons wouldn't work. dvd eject would flip console on then off again 3 times. Also x3 chip was ruined from a shorted d0 horrible solder job by previous owner or whoever installed the modchip. I'm not a fan of the X3 as it is obsolete and serves no real purpose anymore. Just flash the TSOP no need for a stock system anymore. Wires were cobbled together and soldering job looked like it was installed by a 13 year old. Seriously spliced wires for D0 on the backside? I'm amazed the system lasted as long as it did.

This is someone else's install, spliced wires, cold joints, arc'd LPC points! I didn;t do this work, I need to remove and repair this mess.

Removed the modchip, the lpc points someone else soldered in were horrible

The clock capacitor had blown like I assumed! This is what a blown clock capacitor looks like, It will ruin your xbox and every single xbox 1 should have it removed before it blows. 9/10 xbox i repair have this cap leaking or blown

Removed, here's the cap free, now time to clean the board

After cleaning the board and removing the X3 dead modchip, I put together the xbox in stock state.

Traces were damaged, as the xbox wouldn't respond to power button presses and randomly turn on and off. I heard of this before, so I started probing with a multimeter. Found 4 bad traces on the underside of the board that was a common issue with a certain manufacturing run of xbox v.1.0 systems. The symptoms of this would be sporadic on and offs, non working power button, exactly the issues this xbox had.

Here's a pic of the 4 repaired tiny traces. Really tough to solder to, but not impossible:

Here's a pic of me soldering one of the TSOP "Write-Enable" points, which will allow me to flash the stock TSOP with a custom bios

I can do these repairs as well now.

WHY I ENCOURAGE TSOP FLASHING OVER SOFTMODDING WHENEVER POSSIBLE

Let's say you have a 1.0 console, you would want to TSOP flash ANY and EVERY XBOX that can do it. This is because the softmod while easy to do is just as easy to ruin a working xbox. Even once "softmodded" I've had people who have accidentally overwritten something on the C drive and caused the xbox to error out and never work. Not to mention with a softmodded xbox if your harddrive dies you need to be sure you backed up your Eprom data and more importantly your HARDDRIVE LOCK PASSWORD. Without this you are looking at a heavy brick of useless components.
  • 1.) TSOP flashing the xbox takes away the need to unlock drive, the requirement to use a locked drive on the xbox (which means incase your current drives goes bonkers, i can send you ANOTHER DRIVE and you can simply plug and play) WITHOUT REQUIRING ME TO LOCK THE DRIVE AND BLINDLY RISK IT WORKING OK ONCE YOU RECEIVE IT.
    2.) TSOP flashing replaces the stock bios file with a hacked bios that doesnt check for locked drive THUS can allow you to change boot patterns, locations, and remove flubber animations, change colors, logos, etc.
    3.) There is no way to "ruin" a hardmod, while with softmod you can accidentally erase a file on the C drive and reboot your xbox to an error screen. While that can happen with a hardmod too, you can boot up with a slayer's disc or hexen disc from dvd drive and rebuild the harddrive without having to "remod" it.
I would always TSOP flash (AKA HARDMOD) an xbox if I could.
Lethagized

Re: USA : Xbox HARDmodding/PCB repair/TSOP Flashing/CAP REMO

Post by Lethagized »

Interesting discovery about the bad traces. Mine does the exact same thing. Powers off when i hold the power button, but then randomly powers itself back on again. Also powers off randomly (rarely) and refuses to stay on. On the other hand it also refuses to turn off unless it's left unplugged for a short period which points to a possible cap problem do you reckon?
crf250motosyco

Post by crf250motosyco »

Sweeeett! I PM'd you.
MikeH

Post by MikeH »

Could you do a 1TB HDD upgrade? I supply Sata adapter and HDD?
Let me know.. Thanks
xbmcstedt

Post by xbmcstedt »

I recommend that every xbox < 1.6 have it's caps replaced (1.6 should be inspected). Quality replacements are easy to find and not expensive. I've done plenty of these and it's part of 'initial setup' for any reworked xbox.
Mikeosoft

Post by Mikeosoft »

MikeH wrote:Could you do a 1TB HDD upgrade? I supply Sata adapter and HDD?
Let me know.. Thanks

2TB xbox loaded systems SALE

Xbox systems with 2tb drives. I am going to make these for people from now on.

$225 shipped Continental US.

Xbox system only, clock cap removed, 2tb drive installed, 80wire ATA cable upgraded, UnleashX installed as default dash, Evox installed, xbmc4xbox latest stable build installed, coinops 5 R3 installed full plus addon packs, vision installed. System formatted for 2 1TB partitons F and G, each formatted 64kb sectors.

Only have plans for 4 or 5 of these systems, as I am trying to maximize current prices of 2TB wd drives at frys.
MikeH

Post by MikeH »

Please PM me need some shipping info from you..
rschiffman

Re: USA : Xbox HARDmodding/PCB repair/TSOP Flashing/CAP REMOVAL

Post by rschiffman »

It's been a while since this thread was updated. Are you still doing this?
h0m3slic3

Re: USA : Xbox HARDmodding/PCB repair/TSOP Flashing/CAP REMOVAL

Post by h0m3slic3 »

Are you still offering Xbox tsop mod service? If so please message me.

Thank you for your time.
Adam