For sale Netgear STORA NAS

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
asbo

For sale Netgear STORA NAS

Post by asbo »

Netgear STORA

I recently replaced my NAS devices with a HP micro server, so its time to sell the NAS(es?) (how do you pluralise an abbreviation? :lol: )
It's a good device but I have no use for it any more so you lot get first dibs. I used it for several years streaming to XBMC all over the house.

Comes empty(no hard drives) with power supply and cat5e cable. No box(kept the damn box for ages, eventually chucked it away and now I need it again) and no CD or manual(I never used these anyway).

You can put up to 2x2TB hard drives in there, in mirror or JBOD(just a box of disks) mode. Although some chaps at http://www.openstora.com/ have managed to get 3TB disks working. There's all sorts of clever hackery going on over there. I never tried any software mods though since it was full of important data.

It'll also come with a little cable that fits the odd fan connector inside. I had the STORA where I sleep at one point and although the fan is quiet it was not quite quiet enough. So I removed the small fan and added a big 120mm one on the top. The fan connector is non standard, but luckily I found the exact same thing in an old Dell. Anyway it has the original fan back in there now and its all stock. But I'll include the cable I used just in case whoever buys it wants mess around with the hardware.

I've reset it to factory state, so just plug it in and go.

£40 including P+P for anyone in the UK.
If anyone outside the UK wants it the postage will be more, and bare in mind it comes with a UK plug.

And of course you can send me an email/PM if you need help setting it up, taking it apart etc.

Edit: added an image since everyone likes to see what they're buying: