Xbox V1.1 with 128mb of Ram and 1ghz CPU

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
N64 freak

Re: Xbox V1.1 with 128mb of Ram and 1ghz CPU

Post by N64 freak »

Got a V1.4 with the 128mb and 1ghz upgrade sitting next to me if anybody wants one right now.
Just drop me a PM! The price would be the same as the one in the first post.

It has a Samsung DVD drive installed and i could install a 120GB Maxtor drive for free as i have one lying around right now.
I only include the 120GB drive when it gets sold as a complete console! Other than that it has XBMC installed as allways.
You can choose between the IND5003 and the Xecuter2 4983. I'm happy to flash the Bios of your choice!
clabs

Post by clabs »

Hi N64

If you don't have any other takers then I would like to add this to my "list" of other stuff please. But if you have someone new that you would like to sell to then I am happy to wait )

Best regards

Mark

N64 freak wrote:Got a V1.4 with the 128mb and 1ghz upgrade sitting next to me if anybody wants one right now.
Just drop me a PM! The price would be the same as the one in the first post.

It has a Samsung DVD drive installed and i could install a 120GB Maxtor drive for free as i have one lying around right now.
I only include the 120GB drive when it gets sold as a complete console! Other than that it has XBMC installed as allways.
You can choose between the IND5003 and the Xecuter2 4983. I'm happy to flash the Bios of your choice!
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

dont suppose you've got a 1.4Ghz Tualatin version sat next to you have you?? :lol:

I'll have that one! :D ;)
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

@Geeba: Not right now but i'll work on it ;)
james.com1

Post by james.com1 »

pm sent
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

Ok i've got one of him.
A great Job i can say.

Send time can depend on when he has time because he is a student. For people like me, it isn't nice - because I'm impatiently :lol: .
The Package come in a really good packaging.

After this I can say for all people that are not having this soldering skills (and the hardware for that) it is a pretty nice and cheap opinion.

The XBOX is doing what the XBOX must do - runs faster in Coin Ops, MAME and Linux - and certainly xbmc4xbox.
No more hungs up when Ram is full - within 1080i mode i had it every time.

I can not say what is the difference between a patched xbe with the 1Ghz patch and a default xbe. My Games are running good.

The first i do is disassemble my old XBOX (in my Hifi Case) and reassemble it with this one.

For the one who have problems soldering D0 or a Pinheader, it is what N64 freak can do, too.

It comes with a TSOP flash, that i can't testing because i have a SmartXX Chip (better for a LCD).

One thing was noticeable - the XBOX from him runs cooler than my old 1.6 XBOX (1.6 - between 38 and 46 degrees / 1.4 - cool on 38 degrees), I didn't know why!!!

What i can finally say : For all ones that will have one upgraded box, it is such a good decision.
starfox5194

Post by starfox5194 »

Looking to purchase one of these 128mb xboxes with upgraded CPU asap. Either pm or email starfox5194 at gmail.com

Thanks guys!

My current xbox just broke so I'm looking for a replacement for XBMC and that halo nostalgia fix.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

N64 - did you ever look at the 1.4Ghz CPU upgrade?
murphio

Post by murphio »

I got a 128mb box from N64 freak - great job at a great price. Just to remind anyone who gets one that you must change the MS dash to your native language otherwise all your xbox games will be German by default. It took me a while and lots of tinkering to sort this out.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

I would love to buy one of these...
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

murphio wrote:I got a 128mb box from N64 freak - great job at a great price. Just to remind anyone who gets one that you must change the MS dash to your native language otherwise all your xbox games will be German by default. It took me a while and lots of tinkering to sort this out.
Yo n64 is from Germany. That is why the dash is what it is. But ntsc only games are English.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

Geeba wrote:N64 - did you ever look at the 1.4Ghz CPU upgrade?
it is a big task because of the differienial signalling and hyper transport bus you need a good software package to design the board !!!

if you were sneaky you could get a trusty circuit board send it to china and get them to copy it with an xray machine :-)

http://www.pcbboardclone.com/blue-x-ray ... gineering/

http://www.pcbboardclone.com/pcb-board-copy/
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Os a 1.4ghz cup on xbox that much of a jump from a 1ghz cpu?
Blackshadow

Post by Blackshadow »

XC-3730C wrote:Os a 1.4ghz cpu on xbox that much of a jump from a 1ghz cpu?
the boost is accually more suprising than you think especially in certan emulators

pcsxbox is a good example in this case 'ill be referrencing the latest beta for this example'
with 1ghz you accually get a minor boost in some games that knock em up to playable/acceptible levels but games like syphon filter gran turismo etc that rely heavely on 3d processing still run like absolute shit

at 1.4ghz syphon filter accualy runs at playable speed and all the tomb raiders by all accounts run more or less perfect 'only the 1st one is really playable on a 1ghz and at 733mhz aswell with a bit more skipping due to enemies' gran turismo still sucks but thats down to the emulation :lol:

bearing in mind you only get 267 extra mhz of power with a 1ghz 'give or take mine runs a little over according to xbmc'
an you get an extra 667mhz with a 1.4ghz which is nearly an entire extra processor added to the powerso yeah the leap is accually pretty substantial and most emulators will generally run stuff that otherwise wouldnt work or play acceptible

that being said id still reccomend a 1ghz especially if like me you use the old blackbox as a media center for my film collection and the boost to emulation is still noticiable even if it doesnt compare to the 1.4ghz that and my 1ghz from n64freak is running rock solid :D which is more than i can say about my stock xbox :lol:

only downside is it somewhat nullifies the ocnfigs im making for pcsxbox since they wont work as well for stock xbox users so that little project of mine went down the shitter till i get another :lol:
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

you can make gt run almost perfectly on a 733 mhz i remember this as in the xport madmab emulators you had the option to download emulation setups off the net and one i downloaded was for gt and i spent hours playing it on the xbox and it was not too bad.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

I mostly want a 1ghz/1.4ghz xbox for arcade emus, since I play console games on a real system (call me a purist if you will, but nothing like playing consoles on an RGB CRT monitor). A stock XBOX runs most arcade games great, but I do like the idea of playing some games at or close to full speed.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I have mine all set up! 1ghz CPU /128mb ram.

I'm happy with it. Linux flies, and with the dsl 0.7 duct-taped distro I had no problems with playing YouTube videos on the browser.

As for emulators and speed, I haven't thoroughly tested it. I patched all the CoinOPS xbes for the console, and all is working as it should.

The real test will be setting up stand alone emus and testing individual games for improvement. I haven't gotten around to my xtras and updated emulator configuration yet.

A lot to do for sure, but out of the box xbmc4xbox is way more stable. In particular I am most happy to have my media playing in the background while cruising around the different menus and plugins.
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

@fxmexh,

What do you use for Linux for on your XBOX? I thought of putting a 2tb drive in one of mine, and running an audio server.
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

Hi Geeba,
yes i took a look into developing the adapter and even started making a layout but i simply don't have the time or money at hand to do finish it.
I can't be sure that i got the correct curcuit worked out and i can't waste a lot of cash trying it again.

I guess i leave it at the idea for now. Maybe when i can find some more time to spare.
But to be true i don't really see any market for the 1,4ghz consoles. The cpu's are getting quite expensive, the adapter won't be cheap and it will cost me a lot to develop it first. Well and i need to concentrate on other things right now.

I got a few 128mb modded consoles for sale in another for sale thread.
One of them is one of my 2 proof of concept 128mb Hynix consoles. Could be interesting for a collector of special and strange consoles.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

XC-3730C wrote:@fxmexh,

What do you use for Linux for on your XBOX? I thought of putting a 2tb drive in one of mine, and running an audio server.
XDSL 0.7 Duct-Taped R1