Xbox V1.1 with 128mb of Ram and 1ghz CPU

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
murphio

Re: Xbox V1.1 with 128mb of Ram and 1ghz CPU

Post by murphio »

Oldxboxusa wrote:
murphio wrote:I got a 128mb box from N64 freak - great job at a great price. Just to remind anyone who gets one that you must change the MS dash to your native language otherwise all your xbox games will be German by default. It took me a while and lots of tinkering to sort this out.
Yo n64 is from Germany. That is why the dash is what it is. But ntsc only games are English.
I know that. I still took me a while to figure out how to fix it. Hopefully my post will help someone.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

N64 freak wrote:Hi Geeba,
yes i took a look into developing the adapter and even started making a layout but i simply don't have the time or money at hand to do finish it.
I can't be sure that i got the correct curcuit worked out and i can't waste a lot of cash trying it again.

I guess i leave it at the idea for now. Maybe when i can find some more time to spare.
But to be true i don't really see any market for the 1,4ghz consoles. The cpu's are getting quite expensive, the adapter won't be cheap and it will cost me a lot to develop it first. Well and i need to concentrate on other things right now.

I got a few 128mb modded consoles for sale in another for sale thread.
One of them is one of my 2 proof of concept 128mb Hynix consoles. Could be interesting for a collector of special and strange consoles.

Cheers N64 - yeah I can imagine its pretty complex and very expensive to develop. A Trusty board would be nice, but the shipping to and from China makes it an expensive item.

I've got loads of the 1.4Ghz CPU's if you ever change your mind :D

I'll keep my eye on the marketplace to see if you get another 1Ghz board for sale, I'm probably reaching a point where I'm going to build my last Xbox for myself and I'd like a nice one ! ;) - I'm thinking 1Ghz/128mb RAM etc. then I've been saving a pretty fast Velociraptor HDD to go in it.
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

@geeba:
I'll keep you in mind if i ever tend to start working at the 1,4ghz adapter again.
But it looks like i won't have any time to spare for something like that in the next time.
I don't have access to the rework station right now and i don't have any cpus here i could use to upgrade another xbox.
I hope you don't want to start building your xbox too soon. I will let you know once i get another 1ghz upgrade done.

cheers,
Lukas
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Cheers Lukas - greatly appreciated ;)