Wanted X3IR and XIR mod

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
sixties keith

Wanted X3IR and XIR mod

Post by sixties keith »

Im looking for this. Ive found a few websites that mention these but there either out of stock or the questions/emails i have send have went unanswered.

Have several xboxs so does anyone have this mod done or able to do it and sell it? i also found out there was a x3ir released which would suit my other xbox with the x3 chip?

thanks guys

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
N64 freak

Re: Wanted X3IR and XIR mod

Post by N64 freak »

I just finished a small Smd design for the Xerc2 Ir mod.
I'm going to get a few of them done and would sell them completely assembled. You would get a completely programmed and ready to install Xerc2 and the necessary ir-led.

But for now I need to get a quote on all the parts and the pcb's to decide what price I can sell them for.
Let me know if the Xerc2 would suite youre needs!
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

hi mate and thanks for your reply. i missed it so hence the late reply.

very interested in these mate but have little working knowledge of it so once completed would i be able to find an install guide from somewhere. also is it plug n play or is abit of soldering required.

I take it these would replace the need for the original xir mods but would anyone on here have or be able to make the x3ir mod? this would be great for my x3 lcd machine

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

Well it's not plug and play but only 9 wires need to be soldered.
6 to the board and 3 to the ir-receiver.
If you want to take a look at how to install it just google "sickmods xerc2"

It's an alternative to the xir ir mod and the x3ir.
The problem with rebuilding the x3ir is that the source is not public so it won't be easy to rebuild it.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

It would be cool if we could integrate the LED fader.
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

Why do you want the LED fader to be integrated into the Xerc2?
You could simply install both next to each other and you wouldn't need to pay the extra amount of money for the fader if you don't need it.
Got the Layout finished today and i'm going to do a first prototype soon.
If i do a batch of 20 of these the price per unit would be 15€.

Just to test the water how many here would be interested in a small 3x3cm single Layer SMD Xerc2 for that price?
I'm going to upload a picture and open up a thread once i finished the first prototype that matches the final design (minus the solder stop).
dan.h

Post by dan.h »

I'd be very interested in this but my soldering skills suck - would there be any possibility you could make it a plug and play solution?
clabs

Post by clabs »

dan.h wrote:I'd be very interested in this but my soldering skills suck - would there be any possibility you could make it a plug and play solution?
Dan

Every IR mod (even the Xecuter X3IR) requires some minor soldering. The good news is that the solder points are a decent size for this mod so you should be ok.

If you get stuck, I don't mind fitting it for you - just shout.
N64 freak

Post by N64 freak »

Well a plug and play solution is almost impossible for something like this.
My design is as small as 3x3cm but i tried to keep the distance between the solderpads as big as possible.
As there will be a solder stop around the solder pads and everything is good isolated around the pads soldering it together should not be hard.
And there are not many necessary connections needed. If you are still unsure about youre soldering skills someone on the forums will sure be there to help you out!

I'm trying to get the first prototype done till the end of this week. If the prototype works out as i want it to be i'm ready to order all the parts for the first 25 pieces!
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

@n64 freak

id be interested in taking a few models if they work out. :D

dan.h

Post by dan.h »

Thanks for the response n64freak and thanks very much for the kind offer clabs. With the cost to send the Xbox on to get soldered up the cost will be too high for me. Still great idea n64, its great to see people continuing this kind of modding service!
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

N64Freak = Floydzabarber?
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5