6tb trusty pc xbox question?

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
xboxprince

6tb trusty pc xbox question?

Post by xboxprince »

I was just wandering im making a 6tb 1.4ghz 128mb xbox in a custom pc case i got from vantec, this build is taking a while because its a pretty pricy but im getting there. It will be watercooled have leds or cathodes and xenium modchip whith the lcd screen, a 5.25' bay touch screen fan controller/ temp mesure thingy, a 5.25" bay water resevoir, no dvd drive, 2 usb ports, HDMI and optical out ports, a headphone jack, and mabey some sound effects oh yeah and its mostlikely going have a transformers theme to it not sure yet though. so my question is how much would somthing like that go for or how much would one of you guys pay for somthing like that (just wandering)

ps this build is apart of somthing called project media center (yeah i know its nerdy) if you care to know more about it then just ask ill probs make a thread about it later after i get some more parts for it.
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
infinity8x3

Re: 6tb trusty pc xbox question?

Post by infinity8x3 »

Isn't the xbox limited to 2tb?
Got a pit bull?
http://mypitbullpro.com
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

That sounds like a great project Xbox Prince :-) good luck
The 2 tb issue could be a problem but I wonder is it possible to have a xbmc4xbox HDD for each format I.e one 2tb for emulation / games , one for music and another for video with a seperate xbmc boot up on each via say a switch , just thinking out loud here ....
davidthomas

Post by davidthomas »

You can have 3 seperate hard drives installed./ you just cant boot all 3 at one time. Just 1 hard drive at a time. Look at the MCBX xbox that I showed off. That has 3 750 gig hard drives installed. They all run on the same IDE cable but by powering only 1 at a time it will boot the drive that is powered. I do not use sata drives on the xbox. The sata to pata converter creates a bottle neck and the pata IDE drives load and transfer data faster then the sata drives do. On those 3 750 gig drives I have a 99.9% complete original xbox library with plenty of room left over for all the emulators that you can find.

Here is the link to that xbox that I was talking about http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =13&t=2550

I also have other xbox consoles that run 3 hard drives using the X-tender kit 2. There is 3 buttons on the front of it to allow you to choose what hard drive you want to boot from.
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

davidthomas wrote:You can have 3 seperate hard drives installed./ you just cant boot all 3 at one time. Just 1 hard drive at a time. Look at the MCBX xbox that I showed off. That has 3 750 gig hard drives installed. They all run on the same IDE cable but by powering only 1 at a time it will boot the drive that is powered. I do not use sata drives on the xbox. The sata to pata converter creates a bottle neck and the pata IDE drives load and transfer data faster then the sata drives do. On those 3 750 gig drives I have a 99.9% complete original xbox library with plenty of room left over for all the emulators that you can find.

Here is the link to that xbox that I was talking about http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =13&t=2550

I also have other xbox consoles that run 3 hard drives using the X-tender kit 2. There is 3 buttons on the front of it to allow you to choose what hard drive you want to boot from.
I saw that build it was very impressive I got idea for 6tb of storage instead of 2 from that build you did :)
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
King_customs

Post by King_customs »

Oh yeah, the X-tender Kits are pretty amazing.
I wonder why i dont have more.
But I do have 1 of my Own. it does let you plug in 3 HDS,,,
I have 3 (1,000GB Hds in mine) --3,000GB xbox.
I dont trust 2TB hds,,,but if your Lucky enough to make one WORK right (2tB size ) then go ahead
an stick 3 of them suckers in one,,an you got yourself a 6TB xbox.
---2TB hds Get corrupted to much on my experience.
I stay with the smaller ones.
Custom Edition Xboxs by King_Customs Message Me If you Want Something Nice ; )
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

2TB shouldn't be an issue if you use XBPartitioner 1.3
King_customs

Post by King_customs »

fxmech wrote:2TB shouldn't be an issue if you use XBPartitioner 1.3

Yes I know. Its also about finding the right SATA-To-IDE adaptor and IDE cable.
Custom Edition Xboxs by King_Customs Message Me If you Want Something Nice ; )