[Wanted] PCI (Not PCI-E) Graphics Card

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
whufclee

[Wanted] PCI (Not PCI-E) Graphics Card

Post by whufclee »

Hi guys, I'm currently doing a project and I need a PCI graphics card that has DVI output. As these things are pretty obsolete these days I was wondering whether or not anyone on here had something I could buy off them cheap? I'm considering buying this one but don't want to splash the cash just yet as there's a good chance the PCI gfx project may not work anyway!

Basically what I want to do is run one PC but have 2 seperate displays which can be used independantly with seperate keyboards. I've found the software which I can do this with but it renders my 3D Nvidia Vision useless so I would like to try with a second gfx card installed - unfortunately I don't have a second PCI-E slot so it has to be an original PCI card.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated, cheers.
Geeba

Re: [Wanted] PCI (Not PCI-E) Graphics Card

Post by Geeba »

The Zotac looks pretty tasty!

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/21724
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Cheers mate, that does indeed look pretty tasty but at £66 the stakes are too high for me to gamble on :-(

Think I will just get a cheap one with DVI and see whether or not it works, if it does then I might consider upgrading to something like this.
cifa

Post by cifa »

i've finally registered :)
man the old site going down was a eye watering moment - thanks to Buzz for getting this off site off the ground - I plan a donation as I still get a kick out of the black box!
I have a card here whufclee that might do the trick - its this one: http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/7200064/Z ... oduct.html
you can just have it :D
let me know if oyu are interested
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Great to see you over here on the new forum cifa, we can't be far off having all the old regulars back now :-)

I'd love the card mate if you've got one up for grabs. Just been through my pile of bits and bobs and I have a couple of AGP cards but no spare PCI ones so that would be a massive help. I'll PM you now, cheers pal.
cifa

Post by cifa »

card posted :)
hope you have fun with it!
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Got it thanks mate and yes I am having fun with it. Worked right out of the box for TVHeadend which also works great on the PVR branch of XBMC. Not had chance to try it out with the xboxes yet or setup MythTV (looks like that's a bit more complicated than TVHeadend so I might need a few spare hours for that one!). Thanks once again mate, I've also been playing with your xboxhdm2.2a release today... I really do like the fact I can use USB but even that wouldn't sort out my problems :-( Looks like I have to order a modchip.
cifa

Post by cifa »

you got that the same day? amazing!
what where you trying to do with xboxhdm2.2?
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Oops nope I got confused! I got the pci dtv card that spice sent me, really looking forward to trying out the gfx card you sent, cheers mate.

All this trading with you guys gets very confusing :oops: