[Wanted] Unused/redundant XBOX Chassis

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
spicemuseum

[Wanted] Unused/redundant XBOX Chassis

Post by spicemuseum »

I have a project for which I have a modded motherboard - the important bit - and a matched hard drive.

I had intended to build it into a custom case, but for one reason and another I've decided to build it into a standard chasis. Does anyone have a chasis they're not using / willing to donate, perhaps because it has some broken parts, or has been discarded after building a 'sleek and modern' case for the electronics, or even a complete xbox which is broken/irrepairable which I could cannibalise for chassis parts...?

Any offers appreciated, I'm in central southern England.
whufclee

Re: [Wanted] Unused/redundant XBOX Chassis

Post by whufclee »

I can have a look for you mate, is it a 1.6 case needed or one of the others? It's only 1.6 cases that differ from other standard cases.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

whufclee wrote:I can have a look for you mate, is it a 1.6 case needed or one of the others? It's only 1.6 cases that differ from other standard cases.
Thanks. It's a v1.4 mobo, so it doesn't matter which case (a v1.6 case will have one fewer board screw points - the one by the video chip - so not ideal equally but not a significant problem).
clabs

Post by clabs »

spicemuseum wrote:
whufclee wrote:I can have a look for you mate, is it a 1.6 case needed or one of the others? It's only 1.6 cases that differ from other standard cases.
Thanks. It's a v1.4 mobo, so it doesn't matter which case (a v1.6 case will have one fewer board screw points - the one by the video chip - so not ideal equally but not a significant problem).
Spice

I have a few xbox chassis/cases laying about - varying versions. You are welcome to whichever suits you best. They will likely be skipped once I have the parts I need so be good if one went to a good home. I am just north of Watford, Herts and you are welcome to drop by and pick up or I don't mind sticking one in the post if I have to (!).

BTW - just joined the site tonight and couldn't find an "introduce yourself" section so here I am and thank you for a great site.

Best regards, Mark
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

What a great first post, welcome aboard!

I just took a look and realised I have plenty of broken cases but none that are any good. In fact I'm in the same boat as you spice lol.
If you have any spares you want to get rid of please let me know clabs as I often pass Watford on my way to see the parents and am due another visit soon :)
clabs

Post by clabs »

Thanks for the welcome, fella!

Let me know what bits you are after and i will do my best to oblige.

I have about 7 spare cases, a few power supplies/dvd drives/original hdds and various cables.

Cheers, Mark
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

clabs wrote:Let me know what bits you are after and i will do my best to oblige.
I have about 7 spare cases, a few power supplies/dvd drives/original hdds and various cables.
Cheers, Mark
Welcome also from me.
Fantastic news Mark, I'll PM you.

...just north of Watford, isn't that Scotland? L0L :-D
Seriously, though, I don't get that way very often but let's see what we can work out.
clabs

Post by clabs »

spicemuseum wrote:Welcome also from me.
Fantastic news Mark, I'll PM you.

...just north of Watford, isn't that Scotland? L0L :-D
Seriously, though, I don't get that way very often but let's see what we can work out.
Haha - made me chuckle!

Anyway, I replied to your pm. Hopefully we can work something out.

Cheers, Mark
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

Many many thanks to Clabs for a consignment of various parts. That moves my project forward - and puts my time as the blocking factor at present :-).
clabs

Post by clabs »

You are most welcome mate - good luck with your project.