HD AV Pack (UK)

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
5l1p

HD AV Pack (UK)

Post by 5l1p »

A bit pricey but we are used to it here in the UK! Found this if anybody is interested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICROSOFT-XBO ... 0790386908
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: HD AV Pack (UK)

Post by BuZz »

not sure i would want to pay that, and I have seen the official microsoft ones go for a lot less

Might as well go for cheaper solutions like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-Xbo ... 4ac81c2633 ?
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

I bought a couple of cheap leads initially and had major ghosting/interference, I eventually forked out a small fortune for a monster cable and the difference was incredible. This is the first time I have seen these sold in the UK and was almost tempted to buy one as I have read that these are the best when it comes to HD on the Xbox but I don't need it.
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

The original M$ one should be more than enough, Monster Cables are one of the biggest rip-off of our century.
A cable can cause interference and damage the signal, but in other hands, it cannot make it better. All you need is something that doesn't bother your signal.
I never paid more than 15$ for an HD pack locally. (Payd some 5$ too)

asbo

Post by asbo »

These work fine for me. No optical of course but I don't use that anyway.
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

@ Xphazer

I'm aware of Monster cable and there marketing tactics and many others for that matter: who buys bottled water because they think it's better for them? :lol:

It is just unfortunate that pal xbox's never supported HD and cables are harder to source in the UK, if I could buy an official av pack for £10 I wouldn't think twice!

I bought 3 different brands of cheap leads, used on multiple xboxs/tv/locations and always got bad results - perhaps I just got bad luck of the draw! :D
evan_almighty

Post by evan_almighty »

asbo wrote:These work fine for me. No optical of course but I don't use that anyway.

I've got 4x of these, never had a problem.