Offers On Sega Dreamcasts.

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
xman

Offers On Sega Dreamcasts.

Post by xman »

I have 30 Sega Dreamcasts. Just wondering if they are worth while parting with. I will sell them by any amount be it one or 10 at a time. All are 120vAC Models so to run on 220-240 volts, you will need a 240- 120 volt dropping transformer as I use. I have no controllers or accessories to suit them, only my testing ones I had to buy solely for testing the units. So what I'm interested in selling is just Dreamcast consoles. Anyone interested?.
bigkidoz

Re: Offers On Sega Dreamcasts.

Post by bigkidoz »

Steve, what are the transformers worth ?
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
anthonyp555

Post by anthonyp555 »

How much to send one to canada
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Whilst on the subject of Dreamcast I have a CD wallet/folder thing FULL of DC backups, not sure exactly how many but there must be about 200 CDs in there. If anyone wants it you can have it - it's no good to me as I no longer have a DC so I just want to get rid of it now. PM me if interested, you'll just have to pay postage and if you feel you want to buy me a drink then well I'll accept that :D
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Depending on the wattage required, a transformer is as little as $25.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
xman

Post by xman »

Yer that's correct, any small 240-120 volt 1 amp trany will do just nicely. The compliance plate says AC 100- 120V 22 watts 50-60 Hz and the model type of these Dreamcasts is Model No. HKT-3010 so you can Google the exact specs. The region is NTSC "J" so they are the US / Japanese Model as written on them and run NTSC. I do believe there is a link that you can change on the power supply board for converting them to 220-240v and then no need for the external step down transformer at all and there is definitely a very easy mod to convert them to Region free usage so PAL region discs will work once modded. Some units have had the troublesome "power supply to mother board" pin connectors re-soldered like they should have be done in the factory. One of the only reliability problem with the Dreamcasts by the way. I was personally after a couple of units to put in my arcade car cabs and hooked up to the steering wheel and pedals of the cab and play Sega Rally and Daytona which I did quiet easily. ( This was the use of the particular consoles by the way). They were never used as consoles in there intended use, and only ever sat inside arcade cabs and ran off the arcade cabs 120v supply and hardwired to the controls via a "Sega console to Arcade cab wiring harness adapter board", that incorporated the electronics on the adapter board to convert the signals from the arcade cab buttons, switches , and pots, (brake and accelerator pedals). I just so happen to have 30 of these boards as well. Hope this gives a bit more info for those that may be interested.

Just voted the ugliest animal, The Blob Fish..Absolutely nothing to do with what I just wrote by the way, just thought you may be intersted. :lol:
SteelWolf89

Post by SteelWolf89 »

Questions:

how much are you selling an individual system for?

have any of them been modded for region-free play?

will you be selling any transformers with the system? at what price?

do you have any controllers, VMUs or VGA boxes to go with them? if so, at what price will you sell them?

are you able to ship to California?

and finally, how much will the arcade boards cost?
Xbox 1.6 HALO Ed. w/ UnleashX 0.39.0222A b.572, XBMC4XBOX 3.5 & MS Dash 5960.
Metal Gear Online is BACK!! Visit SaveMGO.com to Learn More!
xman

Post by xman »

SteelWolf89 wrote:Questions:

how much are you selling an individual system for?
$30 + post sound alright?.
SteelWolf89 wrote: have any of them been modded for region-free play?
No, NTSC only so far so good for you in the US.
SteelWolf89 wrote: will you be selling any transformers with the system? at what price?
You won't need any external transformers for the US, your voltage is 110-120 volts.
SteelWolf89 wrote: do you have any controllers, VMUs or VGA boxes to go with them? if so, at what price will you sell them?
No, nothing other than my testing ones that I'm not selling.
SteelWolf89 wrote: are you able to ship to California?
Yep no worries as long as your paying.
SteelWolf89 wrote: and finally, how much will the arcade boards cost?
$60. These boards have time units meaning when you put a coin in the coin mech on the arcade machine, it adds time the game will play but you can use it just as a arcade button to console adapter board, a VGA adapter board. To bypass the time units feature you simply set the time units feature to "freeplay". Note these boards have a "Jamma" connector and are designed to plug into a arcade Jamma harness.

Here's so info on the MCGA adapter board-
http://www.hehehe.org/
neogeo71

Post by neogeo71 »

still have any for sale? how much to ship to usa?