Aladdin XT Plus2 for sale

Got some hardware to sell, trade, or want to buy something. Post your details here.
MrMajst3r

Aladdin XT Plus2 for sale

Post by MrMajst3r »

I have some Aladdins XT Plus2 for sale. They are new, come with pinheader and Evox M8 1.6 bios.
I can flash it with any other 256kB bios if you want.
coacharnold

Re: Aladdin XT Plus2 for sale

Post by coacharnold »

Is there anything different with this chip than the DUO X3 ??? I'd love to get the LED readout mod going on my xbox

:-)

T
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

coacharnold wrote:Is there anything different with this chip than the DUO X3 ??? I'd love to get the LED readout mod going on my xbox

:-)

T
no sorry these chips are not suitable for that the duo x3 is a clone chip but on its good side it does carry a spare bank if you should stuff something up (bad flash).
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

I do actually need some modchips, I have about 10 xboxes in the workshop that I want to chip but I would imagine postage won't be all that cheap from Poland. Can anyone recommend somewhere to get a cheap modchip? I know xman used to get his from DX but are they still doing them? This will be my first attempt at anything other than a softmod so I've got no idea where to look! TIA.
Last edited by whufclee on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
asbo

Post by asbo »

I buy a fair amount of stuff from http://www.aliexpress.com/, however after a quick search I only found this, so I wonder if they simply no longer manufacture xbox modchips. There might be something else if you spend a while searching though.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Thanks asbo, so you've had experience with that company before? I had always been wary of AliExpress after reading some bad reports but I've done business with plenty of other Chinese sellers before so I may have to give these a go if you think they are legit.
asbo

Post by asbo »

Well its sort of like ebay, there are lots of different sellers, so I've not bought anything from the one selling the modchip for example, but I've bought several things from other sellers on Aliexpress.
The best thing about it is you have to say the product has arrived or is ok before the seller gets paid. So if its crap or never shows up you get your money back.
Paypal doesn't seem to be used much on there so everything I've bought is with my visa debit card, I get charged £1 for an overseas transaction, just something to bare in mind. :)

I'm very pleased with the site so far, the most expensive thing I've bought was $345.53 and the cheapest $4.99(a coolrunner that I bought the other day), no problems with anything. :)
MrMajst3r

Post by MrMajst3r »

Good offer asbo, but unfortunately they are non-flashable clones...
asbo

Post by asbo »

ah oh well then :lol:
But really I was just saying aliexpress is a good site with all sorts of listings, but that was all that popped up when I searched for modchip.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

whufclee wrote:I do actually need some modchips, I have about 10 xboxes in the workshop that I want to chip but I would imagine postage won't be all that cheap from Poland. Can anyone recommend somewhere to get a cheap modchip? I know xman used to get his from DX but are they still doing them? This will be my first attempt at anything other than a softmod...
Lee, if you've worked up the confidence to install a modchip then enabling flashing of the TSOP should be no problem for you - assuming any of your workshop stack is earlier than a v1.6. ...and of course you may have other motivations for doing a modchip install than simply using a different BIOS.

Apologies to the OP for the thread hijacking.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Yes I will certainly be trying out a tsop soon but first of all I've got to work out just how many chips I need. I just need to go through the stack of xboxes and find out which ones are totally beyond softmod repair. Fairly sure quite a few of them are in a right mess!
sirkingchase

Post by sirkingchase »

I bought a GameCube and Xbox chips from deal4days

$5 each. Its just a basic Aladdin but I want to have it in case I ever acquire an 1.6 Xbox.

I got xenogc for my gamecube just for fun. Im interested in its homebrew because it started the whole Wii scene.

Now I get to wait a month for it to arrive from hong Kong!
MrMajst3r

Post by MrMajst3r »

Modchips (Aladdin XT Plus2) in stock! Price 11$ including shipping. PayPal accepted.