[Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod (3.5.49)

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
EFORCE

Re: [Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod

Post by EFORCE »

Byron,
I mean the thumbnail view for music in file mode, I don't use the music library. It has slightly bigger images than the Big icon view. Navigation seams fine even with multi image backgrounds in 1280X720 on the home screen used for most menu items (especially movies/music and Pictures.
I did notice that even though I set my setting to use the dutch language this skin doesn't translate everything (home menu items don't translate but submenus do translate),. Did you not include the translates for your version?

When going to sytem info I have about 35MB of free memory.
With Confluence Lite this is 31MB.
Confluence with Transparancy theme 29MB.
Transparancy 2.11 27MB
If you could do the same for Transparancy! I will definitively give it a go. I am not sure what the exact changes were between 2.11 and 2.12 and thing the topic was lost with the new forum.

Keep up the good work, always nice to see there are still people who believe in XBMC4XBOX....
byron

Post by byron »

@ sealeysonic...thanks for the kind words. I went ahead and fixed that issue (wanted to make the entire top bar customizable...still in progress), just download the updated 720 and copy it over. If you like it keep using it and give me more issues, that's what I'm looking for :) Thanks for giving it a shot

@ EFORCE...you have pointed out one MAJOR thing that I wasn't even thinking about: language!!! It never even crossed my mind that people from other countries might actually be using this...I was so wrapped up in the graphic side of things that i totally forgot about that. I could send you a patched .xpr file if you wanted me to, but I'm guessing you'd rather stick with Transparency! Keep an eye out, shortly I will pm you a modified 720p for that skin removing the animation includes. I want to know if you notice the diff...immediately after I removed them from Rapier everything sped up. Another question for you, are you viewing this skin in 720p? 35mb free RAM was what I was getting with this skin in 720 at start up, and it still wasn't crashing using the library...

-ALSO, I do still believe in this hunk of bulky "junk" that is the xbox...and xbmc4xbox is a reality that I would like to stick around for as long as possible (which is why I set out to contribute this mod in the first place) so thanks for your kind words as well EFORCE ;)
Last edited by byron on Wed May 08, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EFORCE

Post by EFORCE »

Thanks again Byron, as you asked I sent a PM with the link to the Transparancy version. I will however follow the changes you make on Rapier. I always like to have more options and change every once in a while which is why it would be nice if the view settings are the same with all skins ;-)
I do use XBMC in 720P....
byron

Post by byron »

Fixed the file manager highlighting issue (apparently that's why this exists)

Code: Select all

<selectedcolor>-</selectedcolor>
Last edited by byron on Wed May 08, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

Great work.....even on my 7` screen this skin looks cool...i used it new years eve to play Music at a friends house... :D I have a Joytec 7" screen on my xbox with 400gb HD.....4 ppl asked me what software i was useing and can i set them up with a system each :) with the Rapier skin :lol:
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

Thanks for the updates, buffer bar is nice!

Glad you liked those features in Slik I appreciate it is a lot of work but it seems you are thinking about updating other skins too so maybe something to consider for them instead?

Something else to consider regarding rapier: when using Xbox Addon Installer “new, ok & install” are only shown in the bottom display panel, if the user dose not have this enabled then the current status is unclear for each plugin, skin etc. Would it be possible to have this info shown next to each entry in list view?

Been using this skin in 720p for a while now and the visual style in regards to the ram usage is very impressive!
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

This looks awesome, hoping to get time to test it out tonight and leave you some feedback (if any) ;)
byron

Post by byron »

EFORCE...I'm looking into revamping my labels/strings so that translation is more complete (also thanks for the upload).

@sealey :D

@kozz...hopefully you'll dig it

@5l1p...told you I'd get around to it:
FullScreenPluginSettings.png
-curious as to what you think since you seem to actually be using this skin. Still pondering a way to work in the SystemInfo/Processor idea...
Last edited by byron on Wed May 08, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

Thanks this skin works great!!!

In my opinion it's much better than Conflugence Lite.

:D

May I suggest scaling the "Icon video view" to make thumbnails slightly larger and the view fill up more of the screen (just a tid bit larger, it's sort of hard to make out image detail while scrolling)
byron

Post by byron »

@ Redneck9...Thanks for checking it out! Did you try using the "big icon" view? That's actually the one that I use for the most part in video...and yea that reminds me that I really need to revamp the media views (working on a few other things right now). Glad you like it, let me know if anything else pops out at you.
Last edited by byron on Wed May 08, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

byron wrote:@ Redneck9...Thanks for checking it out! Did you try using the "big icon" view? That's actually the one that I use for the most part in video...and yea that reminds me that I really need to revamp the media views (working on a few other things right now). Glad you like it, let me know if anything else pops out at you.

@byron
Yes I have, and do use the big icon view more often.

With some plugins, I know more or less what I'm looking for but don't want to take forever scrolling. In those instances I'd like to be able to see the thumbnail more clearly so I don't overlook it by mistake.

Thanks Again!!!
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

I havent looked at skins for while but will definitely give this a whirl, nice work mate.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

Its a great skin....my Favorite now.....looks great.....But i have a large MP3 collection on my xbox and i have Album covers that i have to rename `Cover.tbn` and relocate the `tbn` to the root draw......Music/ also cd icons that i just rename CD1.tbn inside the Album Folder....all looks great..but when i go into the `CD` draw(Music/Album/CD1/) i have to add the thumb nails one by one....and it i change the `rating`` on the mp3 all the thumbs vanish and i have to do it all again......its easyer if im connected to the net...but the router is too far away...i have a Xbox WiFi adapter but it wont work with our Wep security.....as for a Thumb nails..i have the same problem with all the skins.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
byron

Post by byron »

addons1.jpg
After a suggestion from jan, I figured out how to link the home menu to a4x :) it's actually pretty sweet, all you have to do is install the plugin and this button will link you right to the interface. After jan suggested it, I tried to think of a way to make xbmc4xbox more like mainline xbmc...even though we don't have addonbrowser.xml yet (ever?) this is a really "hacky" way of getting there. I also added an add-on button on the video and music submenus (when you click on them it takes you right to the appropriate add-ons category in the a4x repo). A word of caution, don't expect all of these add-ons to work properly...it's still in develpment but it would be nice to get this eventually:
addons2.jpg
Anyway, to anyone using this skin...I've made some changes to the images so if you want to keep current you need to download the entire skin again. I made an attempt at an xbmc4xbox logo but it's nothing fancy so if you don't like it, you can change it back to the way that it was in skin settings ---

@ redneck...could you be more specific as to where you are using the thumbnail view? Video library is my guess, check out "icon" view because I was thinkin about replacing all of the thumbnail views with that

@ oz...hopefully you give it a spin, any feedback is appreciated

@ sealy...I knew that option was there, but I've never actually used it. You're talking about the spinning cd having the cd art right?. I'll try it out and see if I can figure out what's going on there

I'm also still trying to work out how to get all of the language/translations right. Any pointers are more than welcome because I really don't get how that whole process works.
Last edited by byron on Wed May 08, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Thanks for the changes to integrate addons on home screen ,the backround image is to very nice!
The only what i hope you can next added is a toogle button for youtube on the osd view this can do this for you :
when you play a song and go to the osd and press the Youtube button is search on Youtube for the Song and give you access to the music video for this song!
I think that where nice!

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... f=15&t=494

Regards Jan
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

@ redneck...could you be more specific as to where you are using the thumbnail view?

I'm unsing the small icon view with the youtube and crackle plugins. There is often alot of content displayed within those plugins' search/browse results, too many results to just sit there and scroll when I'm looking for something specific.

Using Just Icon

check out "icon" view because I was thinkin about replacing all of the thumbnail views with that
That would slow things down too much.

If you don't feel you want to scale up the image size for the small icon view, please just leave it... (just giving feedback is all)

Thanks Again, the skin is wonderful!
byron

Post by byron »

Anyway, to anyone using this skin...I've made some changes to the images so if you want to keep current you need to download the entire skin again.
Yeah...I was hammered when I posted that :) If you've already got the skin all you have to do is add the "extras" folder that I've included with the updated 720p (the path is on the READ ME file).
YOUTUBE.png
@ jan...this is a neat little trick, it's REALLY cool actually. I didn't even think about stuff like this until you started bringing it to my attention. If you have any more ideas, or if you notice anything that's out of whack please let me know!

@ redneck...Sorry, I should read more carefully:
Redneck9 wrote:May I suggest scaling the "Icon video view" to make thumbnails slightly larger and the view fill up more of the screen
I've got it all nice and neat now, but I can't figure out the conditional visibility...the bottom info pane makes changing things in this skin a pain in the ass. The reason it's laid out the way that it is, it's because the bottom part of the screen is reserved for that thing...so I'm just playing with how to make the view that I made visible when the info pane isn't there (the view that you're used to will only be there when the info pane is visible).
Redneck9 also wrote:Thanks Again, the skin is wonderful!
I appreciate that, tyvm! I agree 100%, it's fast and efficient...but it can still be better ---
Last edited by byron on Wed May 08, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

@Byron Thanks for that!!!

Also after you made the compatibility update My builds wont recognize the skin.
What Should I do?

I'm running Jan's 3.3 DEV-R31547 for internet video(w/larger DVD Cache Settings)
& 3.3Dev-r31479 for Quick Lanuch UnleashX DVD playback(Folder name BUILD)

If you get/make/have a Paypal I'll give.

I've given to BUZZ but still need to Hit JAN up with some money.
byron

Post by byron »

@ redneck...I just downloaded the skin from the OP, installed it on stable 3.2, and it worked. Downloaded the 720p folder from the OP, installed on build 31600 and realized I was missing the bg image for the "add-ons" home category but it still worked. Either way I don't think it's gonna matter what build you're using. I would suggest just downloading the skin again as I'm sure that it's working nicely since I just tested it. Sorry for the confusion, but when I start adding images...there's no more easy update for just the 720p folder. However, once you have the skin downloaded again all you will have to do is update that folder (unless I need to add more textures/images). Also, if you want the add-on features to work you must install Addons4xbox Installer plugin from the SVN-repo in programs. Hope that helps.
Redneck9 wrote:If you get/make/have a Paypal I'll give.
I've given to BUZZ but still need to Hit JAN up with some money.

That's really nice to offer, but not necessary (it's refreshing that people want to donate to the project). Just the fact that people are using this skin is my reward as far as I'm concerned. Having said that, just keep me posted if you notice any bugs etc...
Last edited by byron on Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

@Byron I've FTP'd the update, works fine. I'll look for bugs

When You get the views updated be sure to let me know.