fxmech

Re: [Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod

Post by fxmech »

Thanks Byron, excited to try out.

Working on moving! But will be a welcome addition to my new house :]
byron

Post by byron »

@ fxmech...I can't say I envy you having to move. Granted every time I've had to do so it's been an upgrade and after several months of unpacking and situating it's great but the process isn't one I'm welcoming in the near future having 3 kids and all ;) Let me know what you think whenever you get around to it, my guess is you'll be pleasantly surprised...it's actually even snappier than before believe it or not.

@ sahib...
Nice skin dude, but i'm getting frustrated, i saw that screenshot you posted with the other views but all i have is icons, big icons and list. Why aren't the other options appearing? Because that's all i need and this skin is officially the best ever :D
In your opinion, if you're interested...which views do you think would be worth adding to all of the other containers? I wouldn't really mind adding a couple more views to the non library containers, it won't be hard and as long it doesn't really effect performance (which it shouldn't) then I'm all for it. Only thing is I'm not just going to add every view to every window...I'd like to know from you or others which views would be good to equally add to non-library windows. Now that I've got a "stable" release in svn, it'll be easier to update and distribute changes...and I've been meaning to add an addon/media view to all of those windows anyway so please let me know what you think.

Since the thread has flipped to a new page, I've just updated and this is what's new...feedback is always appreciated.
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Hey man, sorry i was going to reply a few days ago but never got around to it. I'd love for large poster and wall view to be available on non library mode as with some plugins they pull up the movie poster. The only reason i ask is because i have seen it on some other skins where you can select wall view without libary, but those other skins were nothing compared to this;) Everything else about this skin is epic and i really want to use it, it's just i'm picky about the views lol. If it is possible and easy i would be forever great full. Also thanks for the super fast replies :)
byron

Post by byron »

Yea I'm kind of a softie on the poster wrap myself...so I made it work real quick to see what I was in for and I'm not gonna lie, more work than I wanna delve into right now. I'm not saying I won't do it eventually, but more like summertime when I've got more free time to spare. I just got done doing a pretty good overhaul on this project --- about 2 months worth --- and I'm kinda glad I finally committed something or otherwise I would've gone crazy I'm pretty sure :| For the immediate future I think I'm gonna be using xbmc4xbox for a change instead of trying to make it better. I'm leaving the zip on OP alone for now (until a new version bump), but I'll still be updating bug fixes to my svn project so if anyone wants to get the latest revision of what I'm doing just grab it from the trunk.
sahib12

Post by sahib12 »

Thats awesome man, cheers! And thanks again for the skin :)
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I've tried it with your latest updates and must say I like it even better thus far.

I did notice some funny/off-looking animation when I had sub-menus on home always visible. After removing some sub-level items things don't look right. I'll have more specifics when I find time, moving so may be a couple weeks.

My Xbox will survive if I'm on 480p running video plugins and surfing in the menus at the same time! I make sure all output is to 480p and video quality is 480p or less on the plugins as well.

It's really nice having shortcuts on the homescreen, i.e.:
1. Push 'X' while watching/listening.
2. Push 'Menu' to get to homescreen.
3. Profit - multi-tasking & wasting time like a true king.
byron

Post by byron »

Yea, it's really solid at this point...getting to the point where I'm very content with what I've done for sure (quite snappy too).
fxmech wrote:I did notice some funny/off-looking animation when I had sub-menus on home always visible.
I think you're referring to the fact that it pushes all of the items to the left...so if there are only three items on the submenu then they will start from left to right. If that's what you mean, I know. It's a standard list, a fixed list would probably solve this but I was really wanting to release an update before I went crazy so I decided to push that off...also I didn't know how it would "feel" to always have focus in the center of the menu...
It's really nice having shortcuts on the homescreen, i.e.:
1. Push 'X' while watching/listening.
2. Push 'Menu' to get to homescreen.
3. Profit - multi-tasking & wasting time like a true king.
Are you saying that it does that already or if it did it would make things better? I think it already does but not sure exactly what you're getting at there. Good luck with the move, thanks for the feedback...and I'll be bumping the version again very soon due to the home menu add-on links being broken and also with a poster wrap for games (to utilize jan's add-on mostly).
byron

Post by byron »

Slight version bump...

ADDED:
  • Fanart backgrounds for addons/plugins now show up
  • Fixed submenu links to addons...our repo is empty so for now the addon buttons link directly into the appropriate xbmc.org repo
  • Poster wrap for Games
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Good stuff on the fanart. I was planning to bug you about it. I was saying that it was very possible to move around without glitches as it is now. The next logical step for me was to ask for some fanart to use up some of this extra RAM... :D
byron

Post by byron »

Right on...yea, it took some thinking to make the real background fade out while the fanart is fading in (vice-versa). I think that might be why some addons don't work right or xbmc crashes in some skins (I'm sure I'll have to mess with it further)...due to both being visible at the same time and the script running, it results in a crash.

From the other thread as to not hijack it, I plan on just lightening up quite a few skins and the list will def grow in time. Btw, apparently at 10:00pm US CST there is nobody on teamspeak.
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

Nah, you just happened to get on there the wrong night. Sometimes we rock out until daylight.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
byron

Post by byron »

Addon fanart has been improved, the way it was when I started wouldn't allow visualization/FS video to show through so that's been taken care of. I Also changed the sub-menus from "list" to "fixedlist" so that now if someone decides to remove sub items the list should be centered instead of being crammed to one side...it looks better to the eye, but I'm not sure I like the fixedlist. Not a big update this time, still pondering what else to do...
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I have a bug to report.
byron

Post by byron »

Fire away...
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Byron, after a long time of frequent use of the skin, I noticed a major drawback just recently.

I am running your SVN version checked out only a couple days ago.

1. Settings is missing the Program settings page. And thusly cannot set trainers path...

2. Trainer options do not load, so they cannot be navigated or applied

On a related note I am happy to test any changes you make on SVN before you make a public release.

This also goes for Bello, Transparency, Back Row or any other skins you start in the future. Good work man!
byron

Post by byron »

I didn't realize that about trainers because I don't have any games on my hard drive (i still have the stock HD's a on all my boxes), thanks for pointing that out I'll take care of it later today. Also gonna commit my MusicOSD changes later. Couple other things to wrap up and then I'll push an update. Out of curiosity, how do you like the new menu for VideoOSD?. As for the other skins, haven't done much work but will eventually try to finish Back Row (barely working), and maybe dig into Bello but I uploaded that mostly for DavPow (doesn't mean I cant work on it though)...
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

It should be set up in a way that DavPow and you can both get working. :)

I'll be happy to help, too. Where I can at least.

It would be helpful to get NOTTHESAME to use SVN for his changes. If you can help accommodate that in an way I know a few of us will be pleased. This is for his work on Xbox-Classic, Mosaic, Confluence Lite mods, anything else...

Same goes for other skin devs if you feel up to it.

On to my requests related to Rapier Clarity. I'd like to see metadata on my plugins that support it! This likely includes the addition of new views.

The plugins for launching ROMs/games alongside metadata/Xtras also require views to integrate more information. Something like Xbox Extended does for games, or like RCB does in general. JX720 and Mosaic support these features to some extent as well. Not sure which has the best approach to achieve this.

I have edited this a few times now and you have already replied to an older copy. I will post back after I check out the new OSD
Last edited by fxmech on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
byron

Post by byron »

Offers have been made to both of them (that's why bello is in that repo) but being pushy would most likely be counter-productive. SVN is very good for this kind of thing, but can seem daunting to start up...as always I'll help if I can.

Back to rapier...what do think of the new video menu? As stated previously, a good sized update is nearly ready to go ;)
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

It works fine, good improvement.

I edited my last post while you were responding byron.
byron

Post by byron »

Sounds good...I'll try to roll a couple of new views in with my update, if it takes too long I'll push what I've been working on and then finish those up in the very near future. I think it's a good Idea (and 5lip was suggesting this as well if you read the posts here), and also probably becoming a necessity since things are flowing better with xbmc4xbox. In the meantime I committed those changes for the system menus to access (ProgramsSettings) if you want to upload a fresh copy.