[Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod (3.5.49)

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
byron

Re: [Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod

Post by byron »

5l1p wrote:Could you also apply the universal background to the weather screen as well, when conditional backgrounds are disabled as it doesn't take priority.
WeatherUpdate.jpg
I took some time to have a closer look at this, seems I must have been hasty when originally adding my HomeMenu weather addition. So I took care of this, and in turn also took care of another issue that's been bugging me with "conditional HomeScreen weather."

- The HomeScreen programs icon now "jiggles" like the rest of the categories with sub menus :)
- The green radio switch was intentional (need to know when the control is enabled/disabled)
- The “hide category icons when video playing” issue has been taken care of (visible/hidden icons while video is the background on the HomeScreen)

It's funny, you think you're being "nit-picky" but in reality these are all things that I meant to get back to at some point because I knew that someone would eventually notice. Problem being that once you say to yourself "I'll get to that eventually" enough times the problems tend to compile :P Not saying that I've raced through editing any of these windows, but definitely I've pacified some things here and there. Point being that this is why I ask for feedback, I know that I've missed things or forgotten to tie up loose ends. Simply put, tyvm for the input and keep me posted if you notice anything else.
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

I’m going to leave you alone after this, Promise! :)

There is a small line off pixels under the Home icon, can you make it flush with the scroll bar please.
2.jpg
2.jpg (2.08 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
Also if it’s not too much trouble, would you mind adding colours to the top bar in skin setting so it can appear similar to the original rapier skin.
3.jpg
3.jpg (5.4 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
I have always liked the original rapier skin but found the fonts too small, even on a big TV!
RoyalX

Post by RoyalX »

Could you add or bring back the location on the weather screen?
byron

Post by byron »

@ RoyalX...
WeatherUpdate2.jpg
I tried several different scenarios today with how to do this, and this is ultimately what I've come up with. If you didn't know already, all you have to do is download the 720p update from OP and install the new 720p folder from the zip. Thanks for "giving it a go" ;)

@ 5L1p...yea, been meaning to get to that. Actually, I've been playing around with the "breadcrumbs" in general because of the whole multilingual thing anyway. It won't be too long before I get that wrapped up, I'll post when it's done.
byron

Post by byron »

Italian and Russian strings added ---
byron

Post by byron »

Updated Movies Fanart View...This view has been left alone up to this point, so I kinda had my way with it. I spent quite a bit of time laying out the info pane area, but I'm not a real big fan of all of the noise for this particular view. So if you're looking for more of a "naked" Fanart View, you're gonna like the other part of what I've done...
FanartWrapInfoView.jpg

On the menu bar there is a TV screen icon (view options button), and when you click it another menu opens up...
ViewOptions.jpg
Scroll down to "Hide Wraplist," click it and wallah...
HideWrapList.jpg
Less clutter, more fanart :D
HiddenWrapList.jpg
Also in this update, I corrected the Video OSD subtitle route...It's now looking for XBMC Subtitles which does work (credit to jan I think, at least I'm sure he posted this link originally). So if in FS video and wanting subs, just click the sub button and it will open the script and let you browse the sources (script must be installed in order to work).
subtitles.jpg
FYI, I also plan to quickly add a Fanart View for TvShows and Music as well ---
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

this looks really nice, downloading now and i am looking forward to testing it out.

keep up the good work

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
byron

Post by byron »

@ sixties keith...Nice of you to say, I hope you like the skin in general...much work has gone into making it a viable option for the xbox. As for the fanart view, I wasn't totally sure what info to add/leave out of the bottom pane when the wraplist is hidden and there is wiggle room for at least one more label. I didn't want too much clutter down there, but wanted the essentials for navigation at least (after seeing it in action do you think it needs more i.e. Runtime/tagline/etc)...I guess what I'm saying is it's not set in stone right now if people would like it a little different, I just wanted to start updating the media views and figured this would be a good place to dig in (however I really like what I've done here which is not normal ;) ). I'm starting to sound like a broken record for sure, but I suggest you scan your content with ToDDS as it will make this view (along with the rest of xbmc) run smoothly and ultimately not crash your box.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

yes no problem mate had a good scan over it last night and i must say the results look impressive. its just nice to see skins being developed and modded still for the original xbox.

haven't had a proper look at it yet but i will. ill test the different playing modes eg video music etc as well as have a good look thought the different windows and options and try and give you as much detail as possible. will be in touch again soon. thanks again mate

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
byron

Post by byron »

Cool, take your time...and in the meantime you might want to grab the 720p and the Aspect Ratio folders from the OP. I completely recreated the Aspect media flags (if you couldn't tell by browsing with the media flags turned on, they were in need of repair). Also, I think I've got this Fanart view right where I want it...it's pretty sweet if you like your movie fanart ;)
HideWrapListFixed.jpg
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

byron wrote:Updated Movies Fanart View...This view has been left alone up to this point, so I kinda had my way with it. I spent quite a bit of time laying out the info pane area, but I'm not a real big fan of all of the noise for this particular view. So if you're looking for more of a "naked" Fanart View, you're gonna like the other part of what I've done...
FanartWrapInfoView.jpg

On the menu bar there is a TV screen icon (view options button), and when you click it another menu opens up...
ViewOptions.jpg
Scroll down to "Hide Wraplist," click it and wallah...
HideWrapList.jpg
Less clutter, more fanart :D
HiddenWrapList.jpg
Also in this update, I corrected the Video OSD subtitle route...It's now looking for XBMC Subtitles which does work (credit to jan I think, at least I'm sure he posted this link originally). So if in FS video and wanting subs, just click the sub button and it will open the script and let you browse the sources (script must be installed in order to work).
subtitles.jpg
FYI, I also plan to quickly add a Fanart View for TvShows and Music as well ---

I will say thank for your nice work on this skin mode for xbmc4xbox.

i have a Question what you think for a integration iTunes Trailer directly on the skin the sources since not changes from apple site years and since working .
I think on a integration like recenty added but for online media.
the structur where the same as the atv trailer and we can this all access with information for the Movie over a simple fast script .
byron

Post by byron »

@ Skatulski...Thanks for the kind words.
i have a Question what you think for a integration iTunes Trailer directly on the skin the sources since not changes from apple site years and since working .
I think on a integration like recenty added but for online media.
the structur where the same as the atv trailer and we can this all access with information for the Movie over a simple fast script .
It's a good idea and I think you should write the script asap to get the content (whenever you have the time of course). As soon as you do that I can start working on a way to make it look good via GUI...I've actually got a good idea for this, but I'll need some content to look at to get it started. I can adapt the apple movie trailer xml's to get started and go from there...
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

byron wrote: VIEW TOPIC REVIEW: [SKIN] RAPIER CLARITY MOD
yes over the giving apple.xml's

the only two what since nice for use on xbox since the current and the newest xml's

hera a working example to access all what we want over re:

Code: Select all

import urllib2
import re

url='http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/home/xml/current.xml'
content=urllib2.urlopen(url).read()
spl=content.split('<movieinfo')
if len(spl)>1:
    for i in range(1,len(spl),1):
      entry=spl[i]
      titlematch=re.compile('<title>(.+?)</title>', re.DOTALL).findall(entry)
      title=titlematch[0]
      thumbmatch=re.compile('<xlarge>(.*?)</xlarge>', re.DOTALL).findall(entry)
      thumb=thumbmatch[0]
      urlmatch=re.compile('<large filesize=".*?">(.*?)</large>', re.DOTALL).findall(entry)
      url=urlmatch[0]
      descmatch=re.compile('<description>(.*?)</description>', re.DOTALL).findall(entry)
      desc=descmatch[0]
      url=str(url).replace('h640w','h480p')+"|User-Agent=iTunes"

print title
      print url
      print thumb
      print desc
      print#
to access the streams with xbmc(watch the streams)
lock on url=str(url).replace('h640w','h480p')+"|User-Agent=iTunes"
this replace the h640w with h480p what can we use and give it the Useragent iTunes
so that the streams since payable .

Regards Jan

Ps the same example works with the 'http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/home/xml/newest.xml' url
for the others like Just Added,Top Movies in Theaters,Opening Soon,Most Popular Trailers, Top Reviewed from Rotten Tomatoes is the code not the same but we must make a extra request to acces the description from the movies and that is on the xbox nit fast , but without desctption we can she adding to.

the same can we do for shoutcast2:
i write actual a xbmc4xbox solution for this (it hat nothing to do with the code from "spere's" latest mainxbmc addon but we can access the same sources like "Top 500 Stations", "Browse By genre", "Search Station by name","Search Current Track playing".
byron

Post by byron »

So your little script works...it's pulling the content (and the list goes on and on), but I can't for the life of me figure out how to display ANY of it onto my skin. Suggestions?
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

byron wrote:So your little script works...it's pulling the content (and the list goes on and on), but I can't for the life of me figure out how to display ANY of it onto my skin. Suggestions?
Oh yes this only the first think that parse all what we want and make the streams playable.
It is all information for the movies what you want ?

Next its the integration on the skin or i make only a script( i mean a script the old but better Solution to access media on xbmc than it is in design site more flexible).

The next two Days i can nothing do but on monday give it more from this .

What You think for integration from shoutcast2 i mean only a limit solution , as example all categories but only 50 or 25 results and search for momently played songs and search for Stations.

Regards jan
byron

Post by byron »

Hello all, to anyone using this skin I have good news...I've been updating for the past couple of weeks and took care of a good deal of bugs that were slowly compiling over the last several months (custom backgrounds weren't showing, custom stuff in general, search was messed up after 31578, etc...), and once I started digging in I've already altered 45 windows or so. Anyhow, I'm just about wrapped up (should be a week or so), and mostly my goal is to get the themes completely straight before I release a new update. Spent quite a few days getting this in particular worked out to my liking, and this was the last suite of dialogs that I had intended to make fullscreen :D
smart_pl_editor.jpg
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

Excellent stuff byron, I look forward to it! :D
byron

Post by byron »

- MAJOR UPDATE (theme + skin "revamp") -

Hello all, been a while since I've released a new update but fear not...It's because I've been making my skin better :D
ThemeUpdate.jpg
orange.jpg
The pictures won't do it justice, I'm only posting them to give a taste of the themes (which btw are not the main upgrade this time...merely straightened them out and gave a good once over, still work to be done on them). So this update was mostly about getting rid of bugs...I went through this project and corrected almost every little thing that's been bothering me. I edited 75/102 windows (most of them intensively), and also conquered most of them. I hit a point where everything I've learned just kinda clicked and now I've gotten my skin much closer to my overall vision. I won't bore with all of the details of everthing that I changed, but check the change log for some details if you're interested. Customizable backgrounds (user decide), a universal background option (single image for entire skin), RAM saving color backgrounds + the combination of 4 themes and colors...shouldn't be too hard to find a likable arrangement. Still much to do, still going to keep updating, but for now please enjoy this update ---
byron

Post by byron »

All List Info Library views have been updated to fit in with what I've done for the other library views that I've changed (Movies, TVShowTitle, Seasons, Episodes, and Album/Artist for music)...
ListInfoViews.jpg
Also revamped Music Thumbnail View to fit in with what I've changed for my themes and such...
MusicTBN View.jpg
Many other minor changes were made so if you're interested check the changelog on OP...Much more to come, stay tuned :)
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Very nice work!