[Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod (3.5.49)

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Ninhooo

Re: [Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod (3.5.47)

Post by Ninhooo »

I have tested all versions up to 2.0.10 , and it seems to me that the most stable for the xbox was the 2.0.4 , for the importation of the game was faster in XBox . Other Things repaired in this version , 2.0.4 were:
- The default.py , which did not start the RCB on xbox ;
- Launch direct games of game information screen ;
Starting this release there are few things that apply in the xbox as important functions , my focus was on the decrease in the import of gaming time. So I thought that version 2.0.4 of the best RCB , as you had put on the skin did not work on my xbox .

Other feedback and to improve the 2.0.4 version would be put option by Max games this page in version 2.0.17 or 2.1.1 , as the Xbox has little ram .

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Consider forking the project? Seems to be the best way to approach this. I think the RCB Xbox specific script is a good contender for a community sustained plugin. 2 of my many cents
byron

Post by byron »

Good news, I should be releasing an update very soon and it's pretty sweet in my minds eye at this point. Rom Collection Browser version 2.0.10 does in fact work (and better than 2.0.4 imo), but I accidently uploaded the wrong default.py to GIT originally and that is why unfortunately it didn't work for anyone who tried it (I have too much clutter, and I have too many builds/xboxes/etc) :oops: So, no spoilers and no hype...just going to stay the course and finish what I'm working on for testing but wanted to update because I've been MIA on this for several weeks but that doesn't mean I haven't been coding it.
Last edited by byron on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Any news on the custom links?
byron

Post by byron »

You'll have to refresh my memory, what custom links are you referring to?
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

The ones that crashed video. Custom homepage shortcuts
byron

Post by byron »

Sorry must have missed that, could you provide a post where it was pointed out maybe? I know this much, I have several different builds running on several different boxes right now. 3.5.1 crashes when starting video sometimes, 3.5 doesn't (with RCM 3.5.47 ). I'm curious what build you're using, and if you wouldn't mind testing on x4x 3.5 to see if it isn't a program issue rather than a skin problem.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Heh. Well, is it me or do your custom homepage links not work in the SVN version? I may be using SVN or an old version too lol
byron

Post by byron »

I switched them off in skin settings to save ram (most people don't use them I'm guessing). When you click this button it replaces stored bigger files from the skin's script folder and then eats it up like it used to if that's what you're talking about

https://github.com/byron42/rapier-clari ... ab4a4b7929

Hopefully this is what you're referring to, if so just go here and untick this radio button in skin settings and you should be good...
custom_home_menu.jpg
---EDIT---

Now I remember, yeah the guisettings.xml got really cluttered with all of the strings from having all of the extra categories from every home menu category. It seems like if that file gets over 100kb in size it causes some issues but idk why. It wasn't the culprit in the end for causing crashes (ultimately it ended up being DialogFullscreenInfo.xml which I removed), but still when guisettings gets too big it does cause some strange behavior. Either way you run it (with or without custom items) shouldn't matter at this point though because removing the problem file solved the issue afaik :?
byron

Re: [Skin] Rapier Clarity Mod (3.5.49)

Post by byron »

VERSION BUMP (3.5.49)

CHANGELOG

Finally wrapped up Rom Collection Browser...took forever but it's up and working ;)
Last edited by byron on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ninhooo

Post by Ninhooo »

very good, great job , you're the guy..................
:D
Ninhooo

Post by Ninhooo »

I realized that the RCB button on the Programs submenu installer , but when tightening appears script error .
- How to run it?
- It works for you?
byron

Post by byron »

Hey, I made some changes throughout the skin, I'm wondering...did you replace the entire skin or just the RCB files? You should replace the entire skin, try again, and please report back. Btw, thanks for the kind words above :) Also, if that doesn't make it work a debug log would be helpful so I can help figure it out...
Ninhooo

Post by Ninhooo »

I made a new installation.

what was happening was that the skin folder was the name of rapier - clarity -mod -master, and the installer you pointed for rapier - carity -mod. And finally it worked well.
byron

Post by byron »

Fantastic...I apologize, I uploaded it that way by mistake but thanks to you I've changed it in the DL link on OP. I also made one small tweek in the gui.py where on the gamepad the yellow button (y) accesses game info...if you want to replace that file go for it or you could just open up the gui.py file on your ftp client and edit line 25 from:

Code: Select all

ACTION_INFO = (11,)

to

ACTION_INFO = (11, 34)
and that should do it. Sorry again for uploading the file that way, and I'm glad it's working for you. Please note that the xmls were created on x4x 3.5.1 and anything prior to that might not yeild the best results for using this script. Thanks again, please let me know if anything isn't right or is not working that well.
Ninhooo

Post by Ninhooo »

thanks for the tip , I had set up the information screen on the black button joypad in gamepad.xml more with this tip was improved .
One more thing : the game information screen when the RCB display the images they are half transparent so appear background images ( textures fallback ) . They overlap the displayed image.
I know you wanted to put a version of the most current RCB , only the import of that version 2.0.10 you put is too slow , that I had told v2.0.4fix , import the much faster roms .
Apart from these small details RCB is working well now .

Google translator
Ninhooo

Post by Ninhooo »

I changed the command line up and nothing happens. not display the game information screen.
byron

Post by byron »

Ninhooo wrote:thanks for the tip , I had set up the information screen on the black button joypad in gamepad.xml more with this tip was improved .
Yea, maybe your fix for the info is better but it's not automatic (meaning a user has to manually edit files), did it work with this version right away? For some reason with what I did you have to first initialize the context menu (or change views) and then it shows up, I couldn't figure out exactly why in the gui.py but it had something to do with the game videos...maybe if want to take a look at the code you could figure it out but I was stumped and it "mostly" works :)
One more thing : the game information screen when the RCB display the images they are half transparent so appear background images ( textures fallback ) . They overlap the displayed image.
I faded them out on purpose so that the fanart would show through if the actual game images weren't available...if you don't like it just open up gameinfo.xml and remove the conditional fades from the image controls (I'm sure you'll be able to recognize them since you seem savvy with the code), and if turns out nobody likes this I'll change it myself. About the overlapping I'm not sure what you mean, there should be a clean gap between every image and along the inside perimeter of the main box that contains the four images...maybe check appearance/display/screen calibration in settings and make sure the square is exactly the same height and width and see if that changes anything (it's important because if this is even remotely out of square the image proportions display differently). If that doesn't work for you then I'll have another look at it.
I know you wanted to put a version of the most current RCB , only the import of that version 2.0.10 you put is too slow , that I had told v2.0.4fix , import the much faster roms .
It's not that I necessarily wanted a newer version per se --- I can assure you I tried using the work you did (and after 6 weeks or so of my own time spent I completely understand and appreciate your efforts) --- the main problem was the scrapers not working and the changes made to fix them in later releases didn't work with the version you ported. At that point I didn't want to spend the time making it work when the newer version was already mostly functioning. Having said that, if you already have all of the info (images mostly) all you have to do is point the import options at first run toward the image folder (using the online scraping option) and it will pass searching for the images and only scrape info which will make the whole scraping process MUCH faster.

Thanks for the feedback, please let me know if there's anything esle!
Ninhooo

Post by Ninhooo »

everything is working correctly: what was happening is that I have you had the database of the old version and therefore the skin RCB was not working right .
I blacked out in Q : /userdata/addon/scritp.game.rom.collection.browser/
mygames.db
Re- imported the entire collection and now this starting properly.

guy discover a new error. after which import the roms RCB can not load all roms pictures yet tested in other skin and everything is loaded normally. Why does it happen?

only loads the cache that is Cachemandnext pre -charge 3 roms and CacheItem pre -charge current rom only . so as you changing rom the list the others do not carry images such as screenshots , I think it can be a problem at startup that RCB skin or fade time .

google translator
byron

Post by byron »

Are you referring to say changing a filter (eg genre) and then nothing is there after? If that's what you're pointing out, then you have to "double click" the item. Or as with the gameinfo window if you open and then close RCB context menu they reappear...I don't get it either but it's like that on mainline too...I'll have to look through the python code and see if I can track it down.