[WIP-DRAFT] Wraith Skin Developement

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
ScopeWraith

Post by ScopeWraith »

Hello and welcome to the development thread for an upcoming project I am about to embark in!

Keep in mind this is a VERY VERY early draft. Piecing everything together could take a bit of time before there is a release and it has been a LONG time since I have played around with xbmc skinning. This early draft post is to get peoples opinions. Please don't be afraid to let me know what you think!

THIS is Wraith! A xbmc simplistic skin completely designed with the soul purpose of launching xbox games. Inspired by Rocky5's XBMC4gamers, Wraith's focus is geared more towards displaying artwork and quick accessibility to your favorite titles. I also want an easy way to quickly get to the games I want to play without scrolling and sorting through 100s of games.

Launching directly into the xbox games list, users will have the option to add 5 games to a favorites list (white button). Once pressed, the favorites on the left will slide out storing 5 wideicons of the games you have added to it.

Dimensions for most artwork have maintained the dimensions that are already used for most modern skins. Rocky5 has a resource pack including a lot of usable artwork so I will end up building around that (if he doesn't mind)

Thanks for coming by and taking a look! Excited to see what you guys think and answer any questions. I will be updating here as I make progress!
cashonly

Re: [DRAFT] Wraith Skin Developement

Post by cashonly »

looking good!
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
ScopeWraith

Post by ScopeWraith »

Quick update! Have it running on the box! Here's a good idea of how it looks so far. (running on the xbmcpcport) Had to do a LOT of referencing to other skins to get the looks that I wanted. Still unsure as to how to remove the "8 Objects" text on the bottom. Looked everywhere through my xmls! If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Also. Don't mind the game text. That is functioning correctly on the xbox. It's just the temporary xbes I have on the virtual machine that aren't actually spitting out a correct title. Image

Added the menu to the bottom of the screen for much easier and quicker access to settings/favorites/power. Looking to complete the main screen before I start working on all of the backend stuff.

Quick question to anyone that may know! Is it not possible to have a fixedlist in home.xml? I pretty much had to bypass home and go straight to MyPrograms.xml via startup.xml to get it to work. I checked out Rocky5s skin but it also seems as if there might be a bypass in there as well. Thanks ahead of time!
Last edited by ScopeWraith on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigDom

Post by BigDom »

Looks really good, I'm really looking forward to see more of it! Are you going to add a label to start a DVD for example or would you have to put it on auto start in the settings?

Send from my P10 Plus with Tapatalk
Last edited by BigDom on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScopeWraith

Post by ScopeWraith »

BigDom wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 pm Are you going to add a label to start a DVD for example or would you have to put it on auto start in the settings?
If there is a dvd, It will give the option to launch from dvd with the start button. Very similar to how Rocky5 did it. That functionality seems like the best option and is very straight forward! If you haven't checked out Rocky5's his xbmc4gamers, it's a must! Functionality is CRAZY impressive.
BigDom

Post by BigDom »

ScopeWraith wrote:
BigDom wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 pm Are you going to add a label to start a DVD for example or would you have to put it on auto start in the settings?
If there is a dvd, It will give the option to launch from dvd with the start button. Very similar to how Rocky5 did it. That functionality seems like the best option and is very straight forward! If you haven't checked out Rocky5's his xbmc4gamers, it's a must! Functionality is CRAZY impressive.
Awesome,I think I have to check out xbmc4gamers till you are releasing you skin! Really looking forward to that!

Send from my P10 Plus with Tapatalk
ScopeWraith

Re: [WIP-DRAFT] Wraith Skin Developement

Post by ScopeWraith »

Quick update. Main settings screen is complete! Programmed and everything! What do you think? :)

ScopeWraith

Post by ScopeWraith »

Today was optimization and cleanup day! There are a few things I am curious about if anyone has the answers!

My main concern is smooth scrolling. I went through many of the textures I am using and compressed them as much as I could without losing grasp of the original design. Also went ahead and cleaned up a ton of code.

Going to post the questions in a new thread. Might update tonight with some video of the skin running on the box. ;)
DaMez

Post by DaMez »

Looking really good keep up the great work cant wait to try it...
xbmc4you

Post by xbmc4you »

Really nice work! Simple, clean and elegant!

I've got two questions!
#1 Will this support SD resolution? (fat old tv)
#2 Is this project abandoned?

Thanks!
Kyletempest

Post by Kyletempest »

XBMC4YOu it seems abandoned cause our friend don´t answer
ScopeWraith

Post by ScopeWraith »

Not abandoned! Had to put project on hold although its pretty darn close to fully functional! I hadn't seen a lot of interest so I am/was just using it as a personal, custom skin. I am entangled with work atm but plan on coming back to finish it full force. As far as SD. I am unsure! It could definitely be added!
VileTuna

Post by VileTuna »

Hey, I've been lurking this page for a bit following your progress and just made account now so i could show my interest in the skin. me and a few friends still use our xbox and think this skin looks really promising, id love to see it finished. keep up the good work!
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

wat we need for the og xbox is a autodownloader for covers info disc etc ,the ps2 has opl manager ,the wii has autodownload covers via internet !
so why not the xbox ?? 2018 ?!@!?
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

scroeffie wrote:wat we need for the og xbox is a autodownloader for covers info disc etc ,the ps2 has opl manager ,the wii has autodownload covers via internet !
so why not the xbox ?? 2018 ?!@!?
Because no one wants to do it, it’s not that simple, there are other priorities...

Oh and because the ones whom are interested just ask, criticize and/or demand instead learning and doing it themselves to help out others

But I’m sure you’re the exception; perhaps you could learn online like the rest of us and help out in the area. We would all be very appreciative of you. ;)

Just a thought :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VileTuna

Post by VileTuna »

what's the chances you're still working on this?
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

VileTuna wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:40 pm what's the chances you're still working on this?
close to zero I would imagine - he's not logged in for over 5 years