[SKIN] NXE Twist 2012 - Programs: Games Posters w/ Details

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Dom DXecutioner

[SKIN] NXE Twist 2012 - Programs: Games Posters w/ Details

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Hello,

So I've been working on the programs view and game details support for my skin. I don't necessary play games but my so does; I do, however, like to see the games being supported in any skin, thus, I've created the following views for the xbox games:
Attachments
Widescreen Icons View: Games - Fanart Disabled
Widescreen Icons View: Games - Fanart Disabled
Posters View: Games - Fanart Enabled
Posters View: Games - Fanart Enabled
Posters View: Games - Fanart Disabled
Posters View: Games - Fanart Disabled
Dom DXecutioner

Re: [SKIN] NXE Twist 2012 - Programs: Games Posters w/ Detai

I've created a script to read the info from an xml file; no this will not scraped from any site, you will have to create this yourself if you want this to be available... I've used information from http://www.teamxbox.com.

For this to work, you will need to create a folder labeled "_default" inside your game's folder; inside this folder you would also need a two additional folders: 1) gallery 2) extras; at the root of the "_default" folder you would need to have an xml file labeled "default.xml":

So, the layout would look something like:

GAME_FOLDER
_DEFAULT
GALLERY
EXTRAS
default.xml
icon.jpg
trailer.avi

The default.xml structure is as follows:

Code: Select all

<game>
	<platform>xbox</platform>
	<title>Battlefield 2: Modern Warfare</title>
	<publisher>Electronic Arts</publisher>
	<developer>Digital Illusion</developer>
	<genre>First Person Shooter</genre>
	<esrb>T</esrb>
	<esrb_descriptors>Language/Violence</esrb_descriptors>
	<features_general>Offline Players: 1/Dolby 5.1 Surround</features_general>
	<features_online>Multiplayer: 1-40/Content Download</features_online>
	<rating>8.5</rating>
	<exclusive>No</exclusive>
	<trailer>trailer.mp4</trailer>
	<released>12/12/2005</released>
	<description>The award-winning Battlefield franchise explodes onto the Xbox, dropping players into the heat of battle with Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. The game brings the over-the-top action and excitement of the Battlefield series into the modern era with a bleeding-edge arsenal of vehicles and weaponry allowing for the most extreme "Battlefield Moments" yet. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat features a propaganda-fuelled single player campaign where gamers play both sides of a conflict in one of the most treacherous regions in the world – Kazakhstan. Gamers will plunge headlong into the fog of war and must ultimately choose sides in a furious showdown where nothing is as it seems </description>
	<extras>
		<item>
			<label>Mission 1 Walkthrough [Part 1/2]<label>
			<file>mission_1_walkthrough_1_2.avi</file>
			<duration>8.19 Mins</duration>
		</item>
		<item>
			<label>Mission 1 Walkthrough [Part 2/2]<label>
			<file>mission_1_walkthrough_2_2.avi</file>
		</item>
	</extras>
</game>
You will also need to include an "icon.jpg" in the root of the "_default" folder to be shown under the overview section; the dimensions are that of widescreen, I use "256x144" but you can use whatever you want.

Also, the main trailer will have to be in the root of the "_default" folder to be played correctly.

The gallery folder will include all of the screenshots you want to display and it does not matter what you name them.

The xtras is intended for additional videos you may want to have; things like walkthroughs, gameplay, reviews, etc.

That's it for now... more info to come; of course this does not need to be used by anyone but I thought I'd give a heads up :)

Suggestions are welcomed!
Attachments
Game Details: Overview
Game Details: Overview
Game Details: Detailsf
Game Details: Detailsf
Game Details: Gallery (Game Screenshots)
Game Details: Gallery (Game Screenshots)
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

Looks great to me....well done !!
Adult Swimmer

Post by Adult Swimmer »

Looks cool ! It would be nice to have a small video of some in game action like with the emulators of old game systems. Maybe even the tv commercials for the games to.
Always root for the team of the guy who supplied the keg!!!!!
Dom DXecutioner

Adult Swimmer wrote:Looks cool ! It would be nice to have a small video of some in game action like with the emulators of old game systems. Maybe even the tv commercials for the games to.
You can... the only thing is, it will NOT fetch it for you, you will have to put the video in the _default folder; you can add as many videos and label them however you wish; you will have to put this videos in the extras folder inside the _default folder and then edit the following area in the xml file:

Code: Select all

<extras>
      <item>
         <label>Mission 1 Walkthrough [Part 1/2]<label>
         <file>mission_1_walkthrough_1_2.avi</file>
      </item>
      <item>
         <label>Mission 1 Walkthrough [Part 2/2]<label>
         <file>mission_1_walkthrough_2_2.avi</file>
      </item>
   </extras>
Each item will be a video... again, all this will have to be done mannually. I'm sure a few will share what they have for others to use.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

exellent work!
thanks!

Regards Jan :D
Adult Swimmer

Post by Adult Swimmer »

Hey Dom, any suggestions on how to make the videos? Games can only be played via xbox. It would be nice if we had a xbox emu for the pc but we all know thats not out yet and doesn't seem to even be close. It will happen one day though and I always thought that when it did I would tackle the vidz at that time. Sooner is better than later and all content could used for the pc emu later on.
Irwin

Post by Irwin »

Awesome i want that skin haha, im not a XML programer, but if u need help like betatester, or images of any resolution u can send me a mp if u want, your skin is pretty good.
Irwin

Post by Irwin »

And please when u end your skin, send me a mp to the download/post i really want it
nonosto

Post by nonosto »

Dear

nice work where can I to download it please?

Thanks
Master13

Post by Master13 »

Wow this is looking super sick. Thanks for all this Dom. I can't wait to mess around with this skin.
nonosto

Post by nonosto »

Dear

I found this but I do'nt know if it's the latest.
I don't know how to rename wallpaper file to fanart in game folder? default.jpg, fanart.jpg, namegames.jpg....

Thank
Dom DXecutioner

Adult Swimmer wrote:Hey Dom, any suggestions on how to make the videos? Games can only be played via xbox. It would be nice if we had a xbox emu for the pc but we all know thats not out yet and doesn't seem to even be close. It will happen one day though and I always thought that when it did I would tackle the vidz at that time. Sooner is better than later and all content could used for the pc emu later on.
For the games that I have, I've been using youtube to get trailers, gameplay and walkthrus; if you want to do it yourself, you can always buy a capture card and record with that...
nonosto wrote:Dear
nice work where can I to download it please?
Thanks
Apologies, I have not released an update yet, but I will soon...
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

For the games that I have, I've been using youtube to get trailers, gameplay and walkthrus; if you want to do it yourself, you can always buy a capture card and record with that...
If you need more gameplay videos I know there is a set available on the Coinops forum, might save you some time if the format is any use to you? They are all in Xbox original format (XMV) and I think there are a few hundred of them. I need to grab them myself sometime so once I get around to finding them I'll send you the link if you want.
nonosto

Post by nonosto »

Thank
I 'm very impatient....

But in wait could you explain me for the fanart background when poster games highlight
k1m05

Post by k1m05 »

Glad to see you are still working on this Dom. Havent used my xbox alot since i got my ATV2 but been using the xbox a bit L8tly. This is such a snazzy looking skin I love it. Thanks again for all your hard work. Hope you are having a great summer :)
Dom DXecutioner

whufclee wrote:
If you need more gameplay videos I know there is a set available on the Coinops forum, might save you some time if the format is any use to you? They are all in Xbox original format (XMV) and I think there are a few hundred of them. I need to grab them myself sometime so once I get around to finding them I'll send you the link if you want.
If xbmx4xbox can play that format, it should be no problem... The link would be useful, thanks!
nonosto wrote:Thank
I 'm very impatient....

But in wait could you explain me for the fanart background when poster games highlight
As it stands now, simply name the fanart image to "fanart.jpg" in the root directory of the game folder and that should work!
k1m05 wrote:Glad to see you are still working on this Dom. Havent used my xbox alot since i got my ATV2 but been using the xbox a bit L8tly. This is such a snazzy looking skin I love it. Thanks again for all your hard work. Hope you are having a great summer :)
ATV2!? WTF!?? Traitor!... LOL, all kidding aside, thanks and my summer is going a bit busy and expensivee, but ok all things consider! :)

I may release a Beta 2 over the weekend... keep your fingers crossed! :D 8-)
Adult Swimmer

Post by Adult Swimmer »

I just ordered a usb to component capture "cable" to attempt the game vidz. My pc's are a little old so i'm building another one. It shouldn't take that long. Recording the games on the other hand, well.....that may take 4ever. I have a lot of games but it doesn't matter, it has to be done!
nonosto

Post by nonosto »

Dear
As it stands now, simply name the fanart image to "fanart.jpg" in the root directory of the game folder and that should work!
Like with Transpareancy just rename the picture fanart.jpg:

, but doesn't work:

Maybe I have an too old version

Thanks
Xbox

Post by Xbox »

Is Beta 2 going to be released today???? :)