[SKIN] Confluence Lite

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Ailyn Zel

Re: [SKIN] Confluence Lite

Post by Ailyn Zel »

BuZz wrote:I don't think it is as much as a bug as a non existant feature. But to know for sure, I would need to know if a) A previous version of the skin had this and b) when it worked/stopped working.. XBS did the majority of the porting of confluence lite to xbmc4xbox. you will probably find that on xbmc it is the same. however, if someone wants to post a patch for a wide icons view I would be happy to include it.

Maybe XBS can help further.
Well, I can definitely say that a previous version had it... but not sure where I got the previous version. I still have it though and was using it up until recently.
xbs

Post by xbs »

Looking at the wide icon view code...

Code: Select all

<visible>
[Container.Content(TVShows) + !Skin.HasSetting(TVShowsUsePosters)] + Container.Content(Files)
</visible>
Meaning you need to activate it in skin settings.

EDIT: Should be fixed in commit 31778

Code: Select all

<visible>
[Container.Content(TVShows) + !Skin.HasSetting(TVShowsUsePosters)] | Container.Content(Files)
</visible>
Skins: SLik JX720 MS_Redux Mosaic
Utils: HeXEn
github.com/xbs08/
Strelki

Post by Strelki »

Strelki wrote:
BuZz wrote:
Strelki wrote:Hi and thanks for your reply, I have try but doesn't work I think I do mistake somewhere but I don't know.
But I have change font for this skin because with french language I have little problem, I have do screenshots
the capitalisation issue is fixed in r31765 and french strings added in r31776

see http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/issues/210 for details
Thanks BuZz ;) I look its and I do my feedback.
I have try this is very good the capitalisation. But just need do translate about Apps and Emulators in Programs.
Need put in strings.xml:

<!-- Xbox labels -->
<string id="31260">Configurer</string>

<string id="31271">Applications</string>
<string id="31272">Emulateurs</string>
Xbox v1.2 TSOP 5004.67, ide/sata adaptator, IDE Cable 80 wires, HDD Samsung 2To (HD204UI), PC DVD drive LG GDR-8164B with adaptator solderless, and Noiseblocker UltraSilentFan S3 80mm.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Please register on http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/xbmc4xbox/ and submit a ticket with the changes. Ideally if you were to get an svn checkout of the repository, apply the translations and create a patch file that would be the best, but if not, providing an updated strings file would suffice. Thanks.

We are always looking for people to look after translations, and I am happy to give direct svn access to anyone who wants to keep their language files up to date.

Cheers.
Strelki

Post by Strelki »

BuZz wrote:Please register on http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/xbmc4xbox/ and submit a ticket with the changes. Ideally if you were to get an svn checkout of the repository, apply the translations and create a patch file that would be the best, but if not, providing an updated strings file would suffice. Thanks.

We are always looking for people to look after translations, and I am happy to give direct svn access to anyone who wants to keep their language files up to date.

Cheers.
Ok thanks! I have do registration, create a ticket and I have send my string.xml.
Xbox v1.2 TSOP 5004.67, ide/sata adaptator, IDE Cable 80 wires, HDD Samsung 2To (HD204UI), PC DVD drive LG GDR-8164B with adaptator solderless, and Noiseblocker UltraSilentFan S3 80mm.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Firstly sorry guys I don't have a debug log and am rushing around like a lunatic so don't have time to go and setup one of my xboxes to try and reproduce the error. Anyway here's the bug...

Last week I went around a mates house and sorted out his old xbmc4xbox install and updated to the latest from b4k3d pi (that would have been the 23rd June I downloaded the latest build - whatever one that was). Everything appears to be working sweet but when you add a plugin to the homescreen menu in confluence_lite there's a bit of a bug. Once you click on the plugin it fails to load so you have to manually go to video plugins> and open from there. Once you've done that it works fine from the homescreen but after a reboot it goes back to how it was again (not working).

Also there was a slight issue trying to get into the programs section, it was just a blank screen. I think I've seen this mentioned previously and thought it was already fixed. I managed to get in after some button pressing but initially it wouldn't work. If I get any spare time I'll try and reproduce the errors and post a log but am really busy at the moment so may take a while.

Anyway just thought I'd better bring it to your attention, it doesn't bother me as it's a mates xbox and he lives miles away!
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Lee - yep I've had the blank screen in programs too... I'll try and get a log taken.
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

i was wondering if someone could please tell me how to make the "thumbs" bigger in ThumbnailView?

many thanks

paul
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

Can someone tell me whats going on. I am getting script errors when choosing plugins from the home screen. Using xbmc 3.3 beta 2

http://pastebin.com/1b12T8gs
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

anybody else have this problem?
xbs

Post by xbs »

Anybody?

Please double check you have set the correct settings.
TIA
github.com/xbs08/
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

XBS, is it possible to have DVD cover or coverflow views in this skin ?
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
xbs

Post by xbs »

I think those views are only available in library mode.
github.com/xbs08/
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Yeah those views are only available once you've scanned something into the library, I noticed this earlier when playing about with the latest nightly.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

I'll have to try it over the weekend, network socket is dodgy so might have to swap mobo's .
xbs

Post by xbs »

Ignore my prevoius post.
DVD cover seems available in file mode too as in...

MyVideo.xml

EDIT: Confirmed, working fine here (Poster view)
github.com/xbs08/
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

xbs wrote:Ignore my prevoius post.
DVD cover seems available in file mode too as in...

MyVideo.xml

EDIT: Confirmed, working fine here (Poster view)
Yeah is working now, i had to rescan the library ;)
Koitsu

No fanart for programs?

Post by Koitsu »

If I have a game or emulator that I want to use, is there a way to display the fanart.jpg I have for the folder? They work fine if I go to the folders from Videos or Music.
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

sorry to dig up old thread, and this may have already been covered, but:

this skin isn't ok for 720p with most plugins. needs about another 3-4MB RAM free (try Slick or xTV-SAF or something).

i hadn't realised for a while, i'd assumed the defalt skin would be RAM efficient but if you watch debug mode you'll find there's a big spike when loading videos and this skin effectively causes lots of hangs, Slik in particular seems to do a better job getting out the way.

not sure if it's possible to reduce by 3-4MB with includes or whatever? otherwise this is a really nice port of Confluence mainline. thanks.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

it is ram efficient - considering the amount of ram the xbox has. The problem is python needs ram. 720p screen res needs ram. Some plugins/scripts can be made more memory efficient, and you can reduce memory usage by disabling unneeded services, and make sure you don't have "full codec support enabled".

and you can switch to a skin with much smaller textures like pm3 and save a few more mb.