[SKIN] NXE Twist 2012 - Movie Library: Posters View

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Dom DXecutioner

[SKIN] NXE Twist 2012 - Movie Library: Posters View

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Hi all,

Since there's no skin section, i find this to be most suitable place to post this... I'm currently stuck in something pretty retarted but stuck, nonetheless!

The posters view has been completed but then I was trying to see if the non-focused items could be transparent in some way, shape or form; i tried using the "fade" animation with no success... For some reason or another, I tried the "colordiffuse" property and used the following:

Code: Select all

<colordiffuse>60FFFFFF</colordiffuse>
Now, in the wikie it says to use a color you would place "FF" at the beginning of any color; however, for some reason or another, the above works very nicely as far as transparency is concerned!

The "60" is the amount of transparency for the image used; why this works? i have no idea, but it does! Now I can't make up my mind if to use the transparency for the non-focused items or "layout" portion of any container, if you prefer.

In any case, below you will see what I'm talking about; i've added screenshots of both transparent and non-transparent with fanart enabled/disabled... suggestions are welcomed!
Attachments
Poster View: Tranparent Layout: Fanart Enabled
Poster View: Tranparent Layout: Fanart Enabled
Poster View: Non-Tranparent Layout: Fanart Disabled
Poster View: Non-Tranparent Layout: Fanart Disabled
Poster View: Non-Tranparent Layout: Fanart Enabled
Poster View: Non-Tranparent Layout: Fanart Enabled
Last edited by Dom DXecutioner on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
skatulskijean

Re: [SKIN] NXE Twist 2012 - Posters View

Post by skatulskijean »

Very nice Dom!
Thanks for your work!

Regards Jan