[RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
FlexySpeed

Re: [RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

Post by FlexySpeed »

@Dom DXecutioner can you please help fixing this.

Code: Select all

19:08:06 M: 30044160  NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
19:08:08 M: 27185152  NOTICE: || script.xboxlive.gamercard-::-==================================================
19:08:08 M: 27185152  NOTICE: || script.xboxlive.gamercard-::-get_gamercard--> url: https://live.xbox.com/FlexySpeedSLO.card
19:08:08 M: 26828800  NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
19:08:08 M: 26828800  NOTICE:   File "Q:\skin\XBMC Origins\scripts\XBoxLiveGamercard.py", line 99, in get_gamercard
19:08:08 M: 26828800  NOTICE:     xebi( "Skin.SetString(XBLGamercard.Score," 		+ gamercard.find("div",{"id" : "Gamerscore"}).text + ")" )
19:08:08 M: 26828800  NOTICE: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'text'
19:08:08 M: 26828800  NOTICE: || script.xboxlive.gamercard-::-get_gamercard--> wft!... something went wrong...
19:08:08 M: 26828800  NOTICE: || script.xboxlive.gamercard-::-ExecuteBuiltin - Skin.Setting : XBMC.Notification(XBox Live: Gamertag,FlexySpeedSLO Update Failed!)
TimeWalker

Post by TimeWalker »

I've been using this skin for a while and I really like it! It looks like that development stopped however.

Seeing as some people and me had issue with the social scraper, I've edited the script to make it work. It now should get the latest played games. However note, even though avatar and gamerpic downloads, it don't seem to get set at the skin.

Replace the file in the scripts folder of the skin (Default is Q:\skin\XBMC Origins\scripts\)

https://mega.nz/#!WN80ET4I!QfjYSbfD5SlC ... KBx-czt9LE
Dom DXecutioner

[RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Hello! I haven't been on this thread for some time. Thank you for your efforts. As for the development, I did stop when I "lost" all my work for the second time. But I have been doing little improvements here- and-there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

hello, thank you for the nice work, do you know when can we have a new version?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
TimeWalker

Post by TimeWalker »

Yeah, I've read about your data loss - which obviously is very demotivating.
I would love to see some more work done into this. Have you considered actually putting the skin on GitHub or similar? This should allow people to send code optimizations via pull requests and should keep your files a bit more safe without losing it again
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

@Dom DXecutioner: I can't believe I missed seeing this skin. Just watched your video and it looks fantastic! I'm about to download it and put it on my Xbox to give it a spin.

Looks like it would make a pretty cool Kodi skin, too, but maybe just call it Origins!
bricce

Post by bricce »

Dom , i need your help. Sorry for my poor English, because i am brazillian.
Here in Brazil his skin is widely used, being considered one of the best made to date for the XBOX.
I'm having a problem when I click on CONFIGURE in shortcuts, it shows an error message in ScriptShortcuts.Py
Could you help me?
I'm sorry for resurrecting the post

Thanks! ;)
Dom DXecutioner

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - read BEFORE posting

bricce

Post by bricce »

I apologize for not doing the right thing, follows below:

XBMC.log
http://pastebin.com/813P6T0G

XBMC.old.log

http://pastebin.com/xS333G5E

This error :

19:08:06 M: 34021376 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
19:08:07 M: 32256000 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
19:08:07 M: 32272384 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named BeautifulSoup
19:08:07 M: 32272384 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Q:\skin\XBMC Origins\scripts\SkinShortcuts.py", line 4, in <module>
from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulStoneSoup
ImportError: No module named BeautifulSoup
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

Dom, if you remember me play testing this, how long was it after that when you lost the data? I still have that old HDD laying around that was on. Would you like the files I have?
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
kennethfranz

Post by kennethfranz »

I have never used various modifications for games, it's hard for me. I remember when I decided to try to install a modification to the game, after which I had to reinstall the emulator, since the modification damaged the emulator files. Who needs an emulator, use https://romsmania.com/roms/nintendo. This is the most convenient and affordable, and most importantly that he is not the only one there.
Dom DXecutioner

mrmajikbus45 wrote:Dom, if you remember me play testing this, how long was it after that when you lost the data? I still have that old HDD laying around that was on. Would you like the files I have?
Thank you but I do have something more recent than that. I just haven't given xbmc any time; a bit busy.

shredthegnar

Post by shredthegnar »

Hopefully someone can help me as I am getting very frustrated at this point. While messing with my icons I could not get the new ones to populate, So naturally I deleted the userdata>thumbnails folder.
However in the skin when I apply shortcuts on the games tab its just black no thumbnail. If I go into the games the images populate. Any idea why they are just black on the main screen?
screenshot004.jpg
Dom DXecutioner

shredthegnar wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:24 am Hopefully someone can help me as I am getting very frustrated at this point. While messing with my icons I could not get the new ones to populate, So naturally I deleted the userdata>thumbnails folder.
However in the skin when I apply shortcuts on the games tab its just black no thumbnail. If I go into the games the images populate. Any idea why they are just black on the main screen?

screenshot004.jpg
Dom DXecutioner wrote:
  • 5) to use custom artwork in the views and in the home screen, you should add folder labeled _resources, inside that another folder should be created labeled artwork, inside of that folder you will need the following images cd.png, poster.jpg, thumb.jpg, icon.jpg...
shredthegnar

Post by shredthegnar »

That's what makes this so weird is that my icons were working before. My file systems are setup up correctly, I just decided to use different images. But once I changed the images out this is what I get. I recall at one time being able to get the cache to rebuild I just cant seem to remember how.
shredthegnar

Post by shredthegnar »

At this point I would like to just reinstall xbmc completely. I just tried but it still kept all of my settings from the skin. Here is my file setup for conker, which is one of the titles that are showing just black on my previous post.
error2.JPG
Dom DXecutioner

shredthegnar wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:16 am At this point I would like to just reinstall xbmc completely. I just tried but it still kept all of my settings from the skin. Here is my file setup for conker, which is one of the titles that are showing just black on my previous post.

error2.JPG
Seems good... I would have to see the debug log; also, try going into the programs and games section so that xbmc can rebuild the cache.
BuZz wrote: SUPPORT & DEBUG LOGS
It's virtually impossible to help without a debug log. If something with XBMC4XBox isn't working as it should, then you need to provide a log file for us to help. First of all, go to Settings > System > Debugging and enable debugging. reboot the xbox, and reproduce the problem you are having. You can then ftp your debug log off your xbox.

Log Files -
* Q:\xbmc.log - This is the log file of most recent (or currently running) XBMC4XBox session.
* Q:\xbmc.old.log - This is the log file from the last XBMC4XBox session. If XBMC4XBox crashes AND you have restarted it before viewing the log, this is the one you want.

Once you have the debug log - do not paste it directly on the forum. Instead use a site such as http://www.xbmclogs.com/, http://pastebin.com or http://pastebin.ca. Simply visit one of these sites, paste or upload your complete log and hit submit. After a few seconds you'll have a nice short URL to paste in your post. Be sure to select an appropriate time to keep your paste around when submitting!
shredthegnar

Post by shredthegnar »

Dom DXecutioner wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:20 am
shredthegnar wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:16 am At this point I would like to just reinstall xbmc completely. I just tried but it still kept all of my settings from the skin. Here is my file setup for conker, which is one of the titles that are showing just black on my previous post.

error2.JPG
Seems good... I would have to see the debug log; also, try going into the programs and games section so that xbmc can rebuild the cache.
BuZz wrote: SUPPORT & DEBUG LOGS
It's virtually impossible to help without a debug log. If something with XBMC4XBox isn't working as it should, then you need to provide a log file for us to help. First of all, go to Settings > System > Debugging and enable debugging. reboot the xbox, and reproduce the problem you are having. You can then ftp your debug log off your xbox.

Log Files -
* Q:\xbmc.log - This is the log file of most recent (or currently running) XBMC4XBox session.
* Q:\xbmc.old.log - This is the log file from the last XBMC4XBox session. If XBMC4XBox crashes AND you have restarted it before viewing the log, this is the one you want.

Once you have the debug log - do not paste it directly on the forum. Instead use a site such as http://www.xbmclogs.com/, http://pastebin.com or http://pastebin.ca. Simply visit one of these sites, paste or upload your complete log and hit submit. After a few seconds you'll have a nice short URL to paste in your post. Be sure to select an appropriate time to keep your paste around when submitting!
So after playing around with it a bit more I realized something. It is not using the correct images for the correct tabs. For instance here is a pic with alien hominid set favorites in the top right. And I also set it on the tab directly below that. It uses the same image for both.
screenshot005.jpg
shredthegnar

Post by shredthegnar »

Sorry for posting so much, I decided to download xbmc 3.5.1 and install the skin onto that to test the functionality with those icons. Surprisingly they behave differently, But the outcome is still not what it should be. I think there must be a break in the code that calls for the correct image files, I hope this is helpful in hunting down any issues with the skin, I did see a couple users that had the exact same problem albeit it was a while ago.
Verdilak

Re: [RELEASED] XBMC Origins

Post by Verdilak »

Arcanthur wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:10 am So I kind of went a little crazy minimizing the skin to my liking, but for my personal use it's perfect. I can get wherever else I need to using the guide:

If anyone wants it I can upload it after I clean up some code, etc. And also of course obtain permission from Dom. Wouldn't post a mod if he's not cool with it.

-Arc
Would you be so kind and lend me a copy of your Home.xml file?, I would apreciate it very much :)