[RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
shredthegnar

Re: [RELEASED] XBMC Origins

Post by shredthegnar »

Verdilak wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:19 am
Arcanthur wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:10 am So I kind of went a little crazy minimizing the skin to my liking, but for my personal use it's perfect. I can get wherever else I need to using the guide:

If anyone wants it I can upload it after I clean up some code, etc. And also of course obtain permission from Dom. Wouldn't post a mod if he's not cool with it.

-Arc
Would you be so kind and lend me a copy of your Home.xml file?, I would apreciate it very much :)
I agree this would be great to have!
Massamo

Re: [RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

Post by Massamo »

xbox gamerpic and avatar fix to show after update
XBMC Origins.zip
(26.59 KiB) Downloaded 1727 times
Sayoiam

Post by Sayoiam »

Hello!

Can anyone explain how to remove useless for me menu items and leave onlу:
  • Games
  • Programs
  • Settings
Tried to modify home.xml and it worked but i cant make animations when switching between menu items work properly.
ironsights87

Post by ironsights87 »

Hello, just wanted to say I really enjoy this skin. So much in fact that I've been working tirelessly creating artwork for it. I've just finished about 730 Xbox games with cd,fanart,icon,poster and thumb images. I've also done posters and fanart for the emulators I have installed. In showing my appreciation for the work done on this skin I figured I'd share the Emulator artwork. I'm using a template I found for an Xbox case (I realize it's not the original and I wanted that for emulators).Anyway, here are some pictures:

I hope mega links are allowed and assumed so since I saw another mega link posted in this thread, if it isn't, let me know. I also hope whoever created those previous ones shared doesn't mind I modified 2 or 3 to match the others I made
https://mega.nz/#!woETwL6K!op1ngeDnq_fA ... RcmelFUpyw

Now that's out of the way, I had a few questions about this glorious looking skin. I've been digging at the home.xml myself and finding it a bit tedious due to inexperience so I'll ask.(I have it parsed out neatly with Tidy2 and all but still, it's a bit to keep deleting a few lines, then test, then delete, then test, then delete, then woops, start over)

-First, as previously mentioned, how can I remove the little Avatar dude next to the games and emulator? A toggle option would be cool but honestly I just want to obliterate it.
-As quite a few people mentioned and requested, could you add an option to remove/disable pages? (Music,Movies,TV Shows,Home,Weather,Social are useless for my application) Or possibly share on HOW TO (such as key lines to remove?) since the person who did create that "minimal" version has yet to share anything even after posting they'd share it multiple times and creating a thread about it.
-I've noticed games/emulators stored on G aren't seen when you goto create shortcuts. Is there ANY way to make G available as only sticking to E is ludicrous with 40+ emus.
-I also had an idea of adding "reflections" for the games, and wondered how difficult this would be to pull off? Basically using each game and creating a 'mirrored' image flipped vertically and fading out.

Those are really the only things I'm interested in tweaking, other than those, it's a beautiful skin and really enjoy it. Please let me know when you get a chance, I've been messing with this for a while but it's just easier to ask. I hope someone finds the Emulator resources useful. Thanks again for creating a sexy skin.

P.S. This is my first post here so my bad if I messed up, but much love from TiZ. :mrgreen:

Edit: A few more pictures displaying artwork: imgur.com/a/CVFDz
kaos_engr

Post by kaos_engr »

Just installed this very nice looking skin. Have yet to test it out. But, there's 1 file that did not transfer to the Xbox via ftp:

XBMC Origins/images/music.genres/icons/Spanish - Norteña.jpg

FATX doesn't allow the ñ character in filenames so the file was renamed to:

XBMC Origins/images/music.genres/icons/Spanish - Nortena.jpg

I'll have to track down where this file is accessed in the skin to update the filename.

Thanks Dom for all the time and effort in making this amazing looking skin.
KapustaFree

Post by KapustaFree »

Hi all and sry for my english in advance =)

I've downloaded XBMC Origins skin and its totally amazing!
But I have a quastion. Why I cant make a shotcuts for apps, movies and TV shows? Games, emulators are ok, but other stuff no. Whats the problem? Do I need to make some sort of addons.xml likeI did for emulators or something?
And what's going on with social tab? For me it always empty and does not update.
KapustaFree

Post by KapustaFree »

Sry for double post.
About my troubles above, its just me who do not understand at first that I cant shortcut music albums and videos to "conflig" blocks. There are for addons use, games, emulators. Sry.

But I have a problem that I really cant solve. The thing is that at upper left corner there is some line of data like "FreeMem 34928/65536 KB, FPS 59,9, CPU 20%". How can I rid of it. I ceaked all options in the settings and there is no any option to hide it. So what should I do?
And is there any other versions of this skin besides v1.0.0. It this thried Dom DXecutioner constantly wrote something about updates and fixes but I couldn find any.

PS: sry for enlish.
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I'd thought I'd give this skin a try on one of my Xboxes as an alternative to my XBMC skin of preference, Xbox-Classic v2.0.

Just a simple question: when using XBMC Origins how the hell do you shutdown or restart XBMC/reboot? I've been through all the menu options that made sense, tried R3, which with the Xbox-Classic skin brings up the System Info and those options, but no joy. If they are available where are they hidden please?
BigDom

Post by BigDom »

@Coldly_Indifferent If you watch the video that Dom posted in the very first post,you can se the guide at about 0:40 which has the power options in it,to use the guide you need to install the new keymap files directly under the video. I haven't tried it myself yet,but I think you use the start button to open it!

@KapustaFree I think you accidentally enabled Logging,some where in the system settings the should be an option called "Enable Logging" just turn that of and it should be gone!

can't tell anything 100% correct at the moment 'cause I don't have my XBox on Hand,but I hope I was able to help you guys!
KapustaFree

Post by KapustaFree »

BigDom wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:28 pm @Coldly_Indifferent If you watch the video that Dom posted in the very first post,you can se the guide at about 0:40 which has the power options in it,to use the guide you need to install the new keymap files directly under the video. I haven't tried it myself yet,but I think you use the start button to open it!

@KapustaFree I think you accidentally enabled Logging,some where in the system settings the should be an option called "Enable Logging" just turn that of and it should be gone!

can't tell anything 100% correct at the moment 'cause I don't have my XBox on Hand,but I hope I was able to help you guys!
Big thx man! It worked! Dont know how I didn't saw that little option before. Thx again!

And some more question. When I try to make a shortcut for application it simply doesn't work. I press A button but nothing happens. Do I need to put apps in a specific folder?
And about the "gray guy". I update Xbox Live account but my avatar doesn't change. Achievement -yes, but not avatar. What I do wrong now?
Attachments
screenshot041.jpg
screenshot044.jpg
gamerdood

Post by gamerdood »

First of all I want to thank thank Dom for creating this awesome looking skin. In all the videos and screenshots I've seen, it's the best looking skin Ive seen for a OG xbox. I am very new to XBMC, I have been using Evox and unleashX, but saw a video of someone using this skin on YouTube, and I just had to have it. swaping over to XBMC from unleashX went just fine. Installing this skin and activating it went just fine.

*Edit: I was having issues getting the icons to show up for the emulators on the home screen. It was my mistake. i was renaming the icons to default.tbn on my PC, then FTPing them to my xbox. I deleted those, FTP'd the standard .png to the xbox, then renamed it to default.tbn once on the xbox, deleted the "Q:/UserData/Thumbnails/Programs" folder, then restarted my xbox and it worked fine. thanks for all the help everyone and once again... best xbox skin ever. Thank you.
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I think the 'problem' was just file association ie. if you have an existing thumbnail or icon the Xbox has that set as the primary association.

Adding the new thumbnail images then just deleting the content of the Q/UserData/Thumbnails/Programs and then rebooting replaces them as the new primary associations. That is what you did but I'm fairly sure the renaming was not actually necessary.
DopeHouse

Post by DopeHouse »

I know this is old post, but i can't figure out how to add shortcuts for games or emulators. Everyone whom asked seem to figure it out already.

EDIT: I just had to update to a more recent XBMC 3.5.3 seems i was using a older version. Now everything shows up when clicking Configure.
Last edited by DopeHouse on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PlayStation 4

Post by PlayStation 4 »

Huge props to Dom for creating the best looking XBMC4Xbox skin IMO. Well, taking inspiration mostly from Arcanthur's showings, I decided to spend my free time over the course of a week giving the skin a visual tweaking and perfecting it more towards my liking. This overhaul comprises of mostly of custom icons, textures and a few revamped animations and I wanted to skew the skin more towards an Xbox One/Windows 10 - esque presentation:

Also big props to Rocky5 for providing a modded home.xml to make things easier.

I also decided to revise the tile icons in the Settings menu:

I am more than willing to share my tweaks, however I have modified more than just the home.xml config and am using a different Textures resource. So I don't plan on uploading just yet without Dom and Rocky5's permission.
Dom DXecutioner

[RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Thank you and feel free to start a new thread when you’re ready to release your mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Doms work so you don’t need my permision :lol:
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
kaos_engr

Post by kaos_engr »

ironsights87 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 am Hello, just wanted to say I really enjoy this skin. So much in fact that I've been working tirelessly creating artwork for it. I've just finished about 730 Xbox games with cd,fanart,icon,poster and thumb images. I've also done posters and fanart for the emulators I have installed. In showing my appreciation for the work done on this skin I figured I'd share the Emulator artwork. I'm using a template I found for an Xbox case (I realize it's not the original and I wanted that for emulators).Anyway, here are some pictures:

[images removed from quote]

I hope mega links are allowed and assumed so since I saw another mega link posted in this thread, if it isn't, let me know. I also hope whoever created those previous ones shared doesn't mind I modified 2 or 3 to match the others I made

Now that's out of the way, I had a few questions about this glorious looking skin. I've been digging at the home.xml myself and finding it a bit tedious due to inexperience so I'll ask.(I have it parsed out neatly with Tidy2 and all but still, it's a bit to keep deleting a few lines, then test, then delete, then test, then delete, then woops, start over)

-First, as previously mentioned, how can I remove the little Avatar dude next to the games and emulator? A toggle option would be cool but honestly I just want to obliterate it.
-As quite a few people mentioned and requested, could you add an option to remove/disable pages? (Music,Movies,TV Shows,Home,Weather,Social are useless for my application) Or possibly share on HOW TO (such as key lines to remove?) since the person who did create that "minimal" version has yet to share anything even after posting they'd share it multiple times and creating a thread about it.
-I've noticed games/emulators stored on G aren't seen when you goto create shortcuts. Is there ANY way to make G available as only sticking to E is ludicrous with 40+ emus.
-I also had an idea of adding "reflections" for the games, and wondered how difficult this would be to pull off? Basically using each game and creating a 'mirrored' image flipped vertically and fading out.

Those are really the only things I'm interested in tweaking, other than those, it's a beautiful skin and really enjoy it. Please let me know when you get a chance, I've been messing with this for a while but it's just easier to ask. I hope someone finds the Emulator resources useful. Thanks again for creating a sexy skin.

P.S. This is my first post here so my bad if I messed up, but much love from TiZ. :mrgreen:

Do you have the file you'd uploaded to MEGA? The link no longer works.

thanks,
kaos_engr
sterned

Post by sterned »

I am having the wierdest thing. Now I admit i inherieted this xmbc xbox so I did not configure it.
I installed XMBC Orgins and when I try to add a emulator through configure it shows nothing.
I see games fine but emulators shows nothing. My emulators folder is in f: (expanded partition) and I see them when clicking the emulators shortcut already there but I cannot setup a specific shortcut for lets say zsnesbox because I do not see anything.

I tried to put a addon.xml in the zsnesbox directory but that still didnt do anything and my id is set to the zsnesbox folder name??

Thanks for any help.

edit: ok got it to work by moving the emulators folder to the e drive. but i am concerned about space now. is there a way to set the emualtors only to f: is this something I have to do in the config file take out the path to e: and just leave f: and g:?

ok edited the python shortcut script to point to F:\\ instead of E:\\ and all is good.
2ericcannon

Post by 2ericcannon »

ironsights87 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 am Hello, just wanted to say I really enjoy this skin. So much in fact that I've been working tirelessly creating artwork for it. I've just finished about 730 Xbox games with cd,fanart,icon,poster and thumb images. I've also done posters and fanart for the emulators I have installed. In showing my appreciation for the work done on this skin I figured I'd share the Emulator artwork. I'm using a template I found for an Xbox case (I realize it's not the original and I wanted that for emulators).Anyway, here are some pictures:

Hey ironsights87,
Can you pleas re upload your art work for this skin? I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Elurin

Post by Elurin »

Anyone have any ideas on how to replicate the look of the game art from the examples showed by Dom?

I always have a gray overlay with the person next to it, very difficult to see the background. It does not look like the example pictures. I have not found a setting to change it.