[RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
sketch2k278

Re: [RELEASED] XBMC Origins

Post by sketch2k278 »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:Is your xbmc profile the same as the xbox live gamertag? Also, the script will fail if you are using the latest build; there's an issue with Python SSL ( I think that's what it is ).

Anyway, you might want to replace the Python folder with the last stable one... Please don't ask me how, this should be fairly simple.
Yes my xbmc profile is the same name as my xbox gamertag and I found the python folder so no worries there lol
Arcanthur

Post by Arcanthur »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:check the first post, i've added more details...
Thanks for the details Dom! One more question, could you post an example of an addon.xml for use with emulators? I'd like to be able to add shortcuts
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Arcanthur wrote:
Dom DXecutioner wrote:check the first post, i've added more details...
Thanks for the details Dom! One more question, could you post an example of an addon.xml for use with emulators? I'd like to be able to add shortcuts
I've updated the original post with more details; i'm hoping it makes some sense...
darknior

Post by darknior »

Thanks a lot for your hard work ... it is really impressive to see this on xBox :D
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Thanks Dom, I'm going to give this a shot tonight. Your hard work is very very appreciated.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
Dom DXecutioner

You're welcome... Let us know what you think; please don't hesitate to report any issues you may find, which you will :)
sketch2k278

Post by sketch2k278 »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:You're welcome... Let us know what you think; please don't hesitate to report any issues you may find, which you will :)
I came across an odd error while trying to load up my gamer tag. Once I enabled login if I was logged in as Master User, log out then login as myself i'd get this Alarm countdown notification, but strangely enough I was able to update my gamer tag doing it this way (version im using XBMC4XBOX-32972) still no avatar though just gamer score and achievements
Dom DXecutioner

[RELEASED] XBMC Origins

sketch2k278 wrote:
Dom DXecutioner wrote:You're welcome... Let us know what you think; please don't hesitate to report any issues you may find, which you will :)
I came across an odd error while trying to load up my gamer tag. Once I enabled login if I was logged in as Master User, log out then login as myself i'd get this Alarm countdown notification, but strangely enough I was able to update my gamer tag doing it this way (version im using XBMC4XBOX-32972) still no avatar though just gamer score and achievements
The notification message is because when you first sign in, it sets ups the autoscrolling for the containers of the home dashboard. When you sign in a second time, it tries again and cancels the first to do it again. Hence the cancel alarmclock. There is suppose to be a silent parameter to cancel without notification but it's not working and I have not taken the time to research it to make a patch.

The avatar thing is mistake, will fix that shortly.
Arcanthur

Post by Arcanthur »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:I've updated the original post with more details; i'm hoping it makes some sense...
Makes perfect sense, thanks

Couple maybe bugs:

- I don't seem to be able to set a favtorite for #27
- The featured games seem to cycle through randomly, or atleast not after it hits the last game, then it seems to jump around.

And now a feature request (hopefully a fairly simple one)

- Could you add a skin setting to show/hide sections of Home, as I'm really only interested in the games, programs, and settings sections it would be nice to be able to suit the home page to your liking.

If you don't want to add that feature, if you could point me in the right direction of where I can remove those items myself I would greatly appreciate it.
sketch2k278

Post by sketch2k278 »

Is it possible to have multiple directories for the emulators and games shortcuts? The way my hdd partition is set up there's no way to fit all of the Emulators in the E: drive since it's only 3gbs + in size (Vision 5 nuff said lol) and my Games are in the G: drive.
StrikersPL

Post by StrikersPL »

Yes I also seem to be having problems setting a favorite for #27 but I also have a question. Is it possible to remove the stage completely without it dimming my background? Whenever I turn the stage off, my background on the homepage gets darker. I appreciate any help you have to give.
jezj

Post by jezj »

sketch2k278 wrote:
Dom DXecutioner wrote:Is your xbmc profile the same as the xbox live gamertag? Also, the script will fail if you are using the latest build; there's an issue with Python SSL ( I think that's what it is ).

Anyway, you might want to replace the Python folder with the last stable one... Please don't ask me how, this should be fairly simple.
Yes my xbmc profile is the same name as my xbox gamertag and I found the python folder so no worries there lol
How did you get it working, I tried copying the python folder from 3.5 (still an error) and also from 3.3.3 (nothing seemed to happen)
sketch2k278

Post by sketch2k278 »

jezj wrote:
sketch2k278 wrote:

How did you get it working, I tried copying the python folder from 3.5 (still an error) and also from 3.3.3 (nothing seemed to happen)
I'm using xbmc4xbox version 32972, that seem to work for me
Chris2013

Post by Chris2013 »

Awesome job on the skin! :)

Btw, this may be off-topic but where did you get the square and landscape images for the games?
Arcanthur

Post by Arcanthur »

I've been tweaking everything to my liking. Created some matching emulator icons to match the skin as well:

I can post the icons later if anyone wants them
Dom DXecutioner

[RELEASED] XBMC Origins

Nice... I was going to reply with a custom version for gaming only; you beat me to it... I figured it would have been easier to just modify it for you than to explain where to begin...

Then I found out you're a skilled skinner yourself ( not that I'm saying I'm a skilled skinner myself ); my apologies for not knowing that.
Arcanthur wrote:- Could you add a skin setting to show/hide sections of Home, as I'm really only interested in the games, programs, and settings sections it would be nice to be able to suit the home page to your liking.
As for making this a standard feature... Well, that would require lots of conditions and because we have little ram to work with, I considered doing it with Python. I, somewhat, got the code working, just never followed up on it.
Arcanthur

Post by Arcanthur »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:Nice... I was going to reply with a custom version for gaming only; you beat me to it... I figured it would have been easier to just modify it for you than to explain where to begin...

Then I found out you're a skilled skinner yourself ( not that I'm saying I'm a skilled skinner myself ); my apologies for not knowing that.

As for making this a standard feature... Well, that would require lots of conditions and because we have little ram to work with, I considered doing it with Python. I, somewhat, got the code working, just never followed up on it.

No worries, I'm more of a graphic designer than a coder, though I can get through it if I'm determined enough (ie not being lazy) LOL

BTW, do you happen to have the xmls with line breaks in them? As its very difficult to edit the way it stand currently.
Dom DXecutioner

[RELEASED] XBMC Origins

I can relate to the lazy part, and I have no graphical skills. Perhaps you can lend a hand in the near future.
Arcanthur wrote:BTW, do you happen to have the xmls with line breaks in them? As its very difficult to edit the way it stand currently.
Using Notepad++, go to plugins, select plugin manager, look for and install XML Tools.

Once installed, go to plugins, select XML Tools, and use Pretty print w line breaks to have the XML nicely formatted.
Arcanthur wrote:I can post the icons later if anyone wants them
Relevant to the icons, it would be great if you're able to share them with us. Though I would encourage a new thread for that.

Thanks!
Arcanthur

Post by Arcanthur »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:I can relate to the lazy part, and I have no graphical skills. Perhaps you can lend a hand in the near future.

As for the files, Using Notepad++, go to plugins, select plugin manager, look for and install XML Tools.

Once installed, go to plugins, select XML Tools, and use Pretty print w line breaks to have the XML nicely formatted.

Relevant to the icons, it would be great if you're able to share them with us. Though I would encourage a new thread for that.

Thanks!
Thanks for the tip for Notepad++

I'll start a new thread tomorrow and post the icons. I wouldn't mind helping out if needed as well. Just let me know
Dom DXecutioner

Sounds good; thanks! Here's the Home.xml I edited earlier...