[RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Dom DXecutioner

Re: [RELEASED] XBMC Origins

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

sketch2k278 wrote:Is it possible to have multiple directories for the emulators and games shortcuts? The way my hdd partition is set up there's no way to fit all of the Emulators in the E: drive since it's only 3gbs + in size (Vision 5 nuff said lol) and my Games are in the G: drive.
Although you cannot do that right now, I'll work on incorporating that next time around...
Chris2013 wrote:Awesome job on the skin! :)

Btw, this may be off-topic but where did you get the square and landscape images for the games?
They're custom made; google is your friend... :)
StrikersPL wrote:Yes I also seem to be having problems setting a favorite for #27 but I also have a question. Is it possible to remove the stage completely without it dimming my background? Whenever I turn the stage off, my background on the homepage gets darker. I appreciate any help you have to give.
The short-n-short, no! The reason is because if you choose a background that's too light, this will not look very good; but i'll consider making this an option for future updates...
darknior

Post by darknior »

Hi

I really love your project and the design :)

I have launch an other project myself some years ago to make a menu to launch games and emulators on xBox with UnleashX.
It is cool but i have many memory problems :(
If i put so many games the xbox reset alone ...

Like you have lost some of my stuff in 2013 and stop it ...
I continue in 2014, I was near to release it ... but i lost my wife and stop my project again :(
I think it is so bad to lost all this hard Photoshop and video work ... and i want to release it.

But i always have some memory problems :(
If you can add video preview to your skin i really want to try to use it with my stuff to make a perfect emulator and games launcher :)
I stop to watching videos with my xbox some years ago, now with a Raspberry Pie 2 we can do it better and in full HD :p
But to play emulators the best console was only and ever the xBox 1 :D

My last Stuff :
http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic ... 176&t=1293

[youtube]https://youtu.be/CSjZRdLN4XI[/youtube]

The only old release :
http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic ... 183&t=4058

XBOX Games menu :
http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic ... 8&start=50

If we can mix your menu, the icons i see here before, my stuff, etc ... we can really create a great project :D
Arcanthur

Post by Arcanthur »

So I kind of went a little crazy minimizing the skin to my liking, but for my personal use it's perfect. I can get wherever else I need to using the guide:

If anyone wants it I can upload it after I clean up some code, etc. And also of course obtain permission from Dom. Wouldn't post a mod if he's not cool with it.

-Arc
Ninhooo

Post by Ninhooo »

Gift first of all congratulations for the great job, the skin is sensational.
Did you already heard about the script ROM COLLECTION BROWSER as it is today able to duplicate it, needed to do this because the Xbox has little memory and large collections were the slow navigation in it, now every system can have a separate library, I it would be a good you integrate it into your skin, do not know this idea you had already. soon post a tutorial as dublicar the script. Sorry for the english I'm using google tradudor I'm from Brazil and only speak Portuguese.
Dom DXecutioner

[RELEASED] XBMC Origins

darknoir wrote:... but i lost my wife
I'm sorry for your lost...
darknoir wrote:If you can add video preview to your skin...
Maybe... i've said this before, xbmc's primary function is "VIDEOS", therefore, it preloads various codecs which does not allow for fast transitioning between videos; this is especially true with xmv and h264 videos. I've tried with avi, which seems quicker. Yes, emulators can play this videos better, but remember, the code they use is very specific ( and i believe there's a copyright issue - which we will NOT discuss! ) and do not have to worry about loading anything else for any other type of codec.

Anyway, the point is, i don't want to read about people bitching about i'ts too slow, it doesn't work correctly, blah blah blah...
Ninhoo wrote:Did you already heard about the script ROM COLLECTION BROWSER... it would be a good you integrate it into your skin...
Thank you, however, regrettably i have NO interest in doing anything with RCB, please don't ask!
Arcanthur wrote:So I kind of went a little crazy minimizing the skin to my liking, but for my personal use it's perfect.
Nothing wrong with that :D
Arcanthur wrote:If anyone wants it I can upload it after I clean up some code, etc. And also of course obtain permission from Dom. Wouldn't post a mod if he's not cool with it.
I don't mind as long as:
  • * you create your own thread with a meaningful well-formed title
  • * ensure users clearly understand this is a Home.xml Mod Only and not your own skin
  • * you're willing to provide support for users that have questions as i will NOT!
  • * most importantly, you have fun doing it :D
Beyond that, i encourage you to fell free to share it as you like...

Dom DXecutioner
sketch2k278

Post by sketch2k278 »

Doing posters and fanart is so time consuming but sooooo worth the presentation lol. I did do the cd as well but decided to delete them since for some reason they never seem to be shaped as a circle

I just have to do the fanart for the emulators and really put my graphical skills to work

darknior

Post by darknior »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:Maybe... i've said this before, xbmc's primary function is "VIDEOS", therefore, it preloads various codecs which does not allow for fast transitioning between videos; this is especially true with xmv videos. I've tried with avi, which seems quicker. Yes, emulators can play this videos better, but remember, the code they use is very specific ( and i believe there's a copyright issue - which we will NOT discuss! ) and do not have to worry about loading anything else for any other type of codec.

Anyway, the point is, i don't want to read about people bitching about i'ts too slow, it doesn't work correctly, blah blah blah...
If you can play AVI, WMV or better with MP4 (x264) videos for game preview, it is perfect for me too :)
I have all the masters of my videos :)
XMV is really not the best video format ... it is an old WMV 8 contener :(
Hyster

Re: [RELEASED] XBMC Origins v1.0.0

Post by Hyster »

is great
Attachments
screenshot000.jpg
sketch2k278

Post by sketch2k278 »

Hyster wrote:is great
how did you get your avatar to show??
fabeer

Post by fabeer »

Hello friends,

I just got a softmodded xbox, and was willing to use this nice skin,but i read that emulators have to be on E: :cry:

I stocked them all on F: as my E: is quite very small

Hope you can provide a new version that we can change the directory....

Thx for your work
Arcanthur

Post by Arcanthur »

For everyone that needs emulators installed on a different partition (ie F or G) I discovered today a way to "trick" the skin into thinking all your emulators are installed in E:\Emulators by using xbe shortcuts. There is an app called XBE shortcut maker which can create a default.xbe file to link to whichever file you want to launch. So what I did was create a folder structure like this:

E:\Emulators\SNES\
...\default.xbe (shortcut)
...\addon.xml (explained in the first post)
...\default.tbn

Then your default.xbe can be linked to wherever you want on your system. You can even use multiple partitions this way! You'll only need to have very small files on your e: partition. The xbe's that the program creates are 60kb.

I don't know if linking is allowed for stuff like that, but I can post a link if that kind of thing is ok. I just wanted everyone to know that there is now an easy solution
StrikersPL

Post by StrikersPL »

I'm also curious as to how you change your avatar? Also how do I get rid of games that I don't have on my Xbox anymore from appearing on the "Featured Games" section of the Games tab? I had quite a few I had to delete to make some room on my hard drive but its annoying seeing them show up mixed in with my current games and their artwork. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Dom DXecutioner

@Arcanthur

Thank you; FYI: this has been fixed and, hopefully, will be released Sunday.

@StrikersPL,

Xbmc loads the games on the fly and adds them to the database, if a game does not exist in the source directory(ies), than it does not display; however, it does not remove it from the database, and there isn't a Library Cleanup function. I will have to build one. Not sure if it'll be on next update. Be patient!

As for the avatar, this has been fixed. Though you still can't set a custom one, but you will. Again, not likely in the next update.
StrikersPL

Post by StrikersPL »

Hmm interesting, thanks for the quick reply Dom. As for the avatar, I was only asking because someone posted a picture above of their games and it had a custom avatar in it. I was just curious if it was possible.
Dom DXecutioner

I don't think it was a custom avatar; they might have theirs from Xbox live... Either was, it was not showing at the home page.
Massamo

Post by Massamo »

im guessing this skin not liking 2TB hard drives that have alot of data because im having alot of problems just setting it up
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

how do i install this ? i have ftp'd all the files rebooted my xbox nothing stil the same old xbmc
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

scroeffie wrote:how do i install this ? i have ftp'd all the files rebooted my xbox nothing stil the same old xbmc
Setting > Appearance > Skin > select XBMC Origins
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

friend there is no xbmc origins only project mayhem 3 pm3 hd c lite and normal confluence

i did this

) to use the guide, you will have to replace the gamepad.xml & remote.xml files located in the System->Keymaps folder with the ones in the link below; you may want to consider backing up the original files, you know, just in case.
Dom DXecutioner

Friend, the skin needs to be FTP'd to xbmc->skins folder, the you'll be able to see it in the list... What you're "quoting" is the directions for the keymaps only