XBMC Skins question

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Totoka

XBMC Skins question

Post by Totoka »

Hi Im trying to find a skin that will let me change and modify the submenus I have no idea how to change the xml files but if someone could walk me through that would be great. Im using the Confluence Lite Low Mod skin atm. I would prefer a whole new skin if possible. Ive tried downloading the latest ones like aeon nox but when I change changing it to that the xbox says it only supports skins version 2.10 or higher, Im guessing it wont work because its a skin for windows?? My menu set up only has two menus atm which are programs and system. Under programs I have submenus App, Games, Emulators, Scripts, Plugins. Now all of them are fine except games when I try to open the menu if comes up with a blank box screen. Any Ideas? Also I believe im using xbmc4xbox version 3.5? But dont know how to confirm. Thanks.
xbs

Re: XBMC Skins question

Post by xbs »

Dan Dar3 wrote:@UserT
Yes, you probably did this a while ago and forgot. "Apps", "Games" and "Emulators" require you to add sources in the "Programs" section with these respective names, into which you specify the locations of where you keep them.

Example, go into Programs, add a source called "Games" and to that add all locations where you keep your games (E:\Games, F:\Games etc).
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Adding_Media_Sources
Skins: SLik JX720 MS_Redux Mosaic
Utils: HeXEn
github.com/xbs08/
Totoka

Post by Totoka »

Thanks I didn't think it was that easy. Ive only just recently bought this xbox from somebody off the internet. Im also wanting to change the location of my emulator directory. Say I was to back the folder up and delete it from my E drive. Would it be ok to put it on the G drive by adding the source through Programs or will it mess things up? In theory it sounds like it would work but last time I deleted it from E drive I was getting the blank screen when selecting Emulators and I thought I had stuffed it all up, just want to be sure..
nidge

Post by nidge »

Most emulators will work from any drive, the exception being Xmugen which will only work from the F drive AFAIK :)
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
Totoka

Post by Totoka »

Yeh I'm just worried that once I change the emulator file location, that it might not work through the emulator sub menu on the xbox dash. If I did change the file location all I would have to do is keep the File name as Emulators and add a source through Programs Menu on dash right? I cant remember well but I believe last time I tried this it didnt work on another hard drive. I then had to go through Programs menu each time I wanted to get to emulators. Thats why I'm wondering if it might have to be done through xml file, which I dont know how to change? Thanks
Totoka

Post by Totoka »

I tested it out on another hard drive it all went well. Just added the source from the other drive like you said lol. Hope this helps any other noobs out there :)