Wide icons for emulators

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
bhoyo

Wide icons for emulators

Post by bhoyo »

Hi all,

Can anyone help with wide icons for vision & coinops 7 ?

Thanks in advance
Nextelhalo

Re: Wide icons for emulators

Post by Nextelhalo »

Were you needing some made or.............?
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
bhoyo

Post by bhoyo »

Hi nextelhalo,

Do you have any to share ?

Cheers
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Have a ton to share. Shoot me a PM. I think a forum memeber posted a link to quite a few a while back.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
fabeer

Post by fabeer »

Hello,i am interested too,as i cannot find any link to download a package...I need wide icons emulators plz/
rusjr1908

Post by rusjr1908 »

Nextelhalo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:28 pm Have a ton to share. Shoot me a PM. I think a forum memeber posted a link to quite a few a while back.
Hello i was wondering is it possible if you could send me all your wide icons, very much appreciate it if so
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Nextelhalo,

I would like some as well.

I have a bunch, including ones I made myself (or edited together). I am always looking for more.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

for anyone interested i posted up quite a lot in the xbox section over at the noobsandnerds forum :D

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

What specific emulator(s) and wide icons are you talking about?

Wide icon dimensions are typically 758x140 24bit and if (re)named to "default.tbn" and put in any emulator, app or game folder they should display as the default icon whatever display option you set in the skin.

The fact is they are are not doing even though you have already tried the obvious and deleted the UserData > Thumbnails > Programs folder contents and restarted XBMC. I'm assuming that means you deleted the entire contents of the Programs thumbnail folder not just the individual, just about identifiable, individual original emulator .tbn.

If you did not do this then that is likely your problem. There can often be more than one instance of the same thumbnail stored in the Thumbnails > Programs sub-folders so unless you delete all the thumbnails you can not be sure you deleted the actual one being used by a particular program. It is a pain on restart because when you go to Programs XBMC will have to regenerate the thumbnails for everything all over again and that can take 30 seconds or more for each main Programs sub-folder depending on how much stuff you have in each.

If it is not this then that suggests some other folder icon in the individual emulator's folder is overriding the "default.tbn" as the source for the thumbnail used for the emulator.

Look for a "folder.jpg", "folder.png", "emulator name.jpg", "emulator name.png" in the specific emulator folder or even outside in the main Emulators folder. Move that somewhere if you do find one and go through the whole delete thumbnail thing again and see if that solves the wide icon display problem.

A general "folder" image file in particular can be a very annoying thing as it will be used by default for all image files inside every sub-folder too. I have this minor annoyance myself with a Music sub-folder I regularly add too (Singles). What it means is that whenever I FTP in a new track it immediately acquires and uses the main Singles "folder.jpg" image by default rather its own Track name.tbn/.jpg/.png.

I have to temporarily move that main Singles "folder.jpg" out, delete the entire Music folder thumbnail collection, restart XBMC to get the new track's thumbnail to be used then move the "folder.jpg" back in and restart XBMC again.