[Artwork] Emulator Icons: Origins Style

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Vojovnik

Re: [Artwork] Emulator Icons: Origins Style

Post by Vojovnik »

Thank you very much! I didn't really count the pixels between the lcd and the top,
so i just made another one, hope it's ok ^^
scummvm logo.jpg
scummvm logo.jpg (64.31 KiB) Viewed 31828 times
StrikersPL

Post by StrikersPL »

Hello, I am fairly new to this forum but I have been following your XBMC skin for a while now and I was inspired to make some emulator icons based on your style. Any constructive criticism is appreciated but this is my first edit of this kind so please go easy on me haha :lol:

*I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I noticed some things that really bugged me but I promise this is the last time I reupload them :D
Attachments
Changed the color and altered the console a bit
Changed the color and altered the console a bit
PCE.png (61.68 KiB) Viewed 31702 times
Fixed some minor mistakes lol
Fixed some minor mistakes lol
Saturn.png (106.16 KiB) Viewed 31702 times
Slightly darker shade of orange
Slightly darker shade of orange
NeoGeoPocketColor.png (94.37 KiB) Viewed 31702 times
Last edited by StrikersPL on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

That's pretty awesome; thank you for sharing with us... The Sega Saturn logo could use a bit of work, but nice all the same! :)
darknior

Post by darknior »

Thanks for all this stuff :)
fabeer

Post by fabeer »

Thanks for your work guys!

Do you think it would be possible to have sega master system?And Turbographx cd?Oh and amiga cd32...Just asking ,no pressure at all.

Thank you!
Skorpjone

Post by Skorpjone »

greattttt workkkkk!!!!! Sorry for the stupid question but where I must put these files to use them in the games page of the Origin's SKin?
Massamo

Post by Massamo »

can i get one for MS DOS (dosbox)
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

I was going to try and make my own, but I really like these designs. Are you taking requests by chance? I need the following emulator icons. Intellivision, Colecovision, Atari 5200, MAME and Master System. I have some .png files I already did for Intellivision and Colecovision that you can use if you want.

Colecovision --> http://imgur.com/0LYyaFf
Intellivision #1 --> http://imgur.com/AkANJU3
Intellivision #2 --> http://imgur.com/F0bMbpT

People's misconceptions on adjustable suspensions usually come from a lack of knowledge.
Kyletempest

Post by Kyletempest »

Could you do for Gameboy Color and Black White tcc Classic Gameboy? Thank you
StrikersPL

Post by StrikersPL »

Hey guys, I appreciate all the requests but I've been quite busy lately. I managed to make this in about an hour so I hope you like it. I have definitely considered making Intellivision and Colecovision icons but I also plan on making ones for more obscure emulators such as the Dreamcast VMU, Bandai Wonderswan, Pokemon Mini and the MS DOSbox emulator (once I get it configured that is). I really enjoy the look of these icons on my Xbox so I will gladly continue my work making a few more in my spare time but for now hope this has been worth the wait :)
Attachments
5200.png
5200.png (33.05 KiB) Viewed 30893 times
Skorpjone

Post by Skorpjone »

I'm sorry, I need to repeat my request to you because I don't be able to use these fabulous icons.....How can I use them in my Original Skin? where I must put them in my Xbmc folders? Please help me!!!
StrikersPL

Post by StrikersPL »

Skorpjone wrote:I'm sorry, I need to repeat my request to you because I don't be able to use these fabulous icons.....How can I use them in my Original Skin? where I must put them in my Xbmc folders? Please help me!!!
Copy the icon and put it into the folder of the emulator it belongs to. For example, put the NES icon into your NES emulator folder. Same folder where you have the default.xbe file. Simply rename the icon to "default.tbn" and then go to Q\UserData\Thumbnails\Programs. Delete that Programs folder and restart your Xbox. Now your default emulator will become the default.tbn image. Hope this helps!
Skorpjone

Post by Skorpjone »

Great!!!! Now I see them!!!thank you, can I ask you a fb contact so I could ask you about other troubles about mt configuration of this wonderfull skin?
kent79

Post by kent79 »

Great Job. Dom DXecutioner, could help me to create 4 more systems? : plays station 2, plays station 3, PlayStation Portable and Wil. Many Thanks :)
catch_2030

Post by catch_2030 »

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone have the PSD for this or can make one? I like the style of these for emulator icons but do not really have the GFX skills to make them from scratch but I am capable of doing it from a PSD. Thanks for any help with this :)
StrikersPL

Post by StrikersPL »

Hi everyone! Its been a while but with the recent release of MESSoXtras, a port of MESS to Xbox, I felt that it was an appropriate time to create an icon for it. If you don't know what MESS is, well it stands for Multi Emulator Super System and this emulator specifically emulates uncommon and obscure systems such as the infamous Philips CD-i, which is probably the most known system out of the ones this emulator can emulate. As a result, that's why I have chosen to use the CD-i as the base of this icon, with artwork based on those "unique" Zelda CD-i games. Also as a bonus, I did a slight edit to one of Dom's earlier icons to simply read "Arcade" at the top so it can be used interchangeably between Final Burn Legends and MAMEoXtras. Lastly, I have plans to make a few more icons specifically one for the Bandai Wonderswan, Collecovision, Dreamcast VMU, and Pokemon Mini. Seeing how I only create icons for emulators I plan to use, sadly I will not be taking requests. I'm not a graphic design expert but if anyone needs help or tips on how I made these then please PM me and I'll help to the best of my ability. Enjoy :)
Attachments
arcade.png
arcade.png (93.73 KiB) Viewed 30499 times
MESS.png
MESS.png (74.13 KiB) Viewed 30499 times
gamerdood

Post by gamerdood »

I feel like I may have seen this before, but now I can't find what I am looking for. You guys are doing a great job with the icons. Has anyone done an icon for Sega master System? If so, could you point me to it, because its the only one I'm missing. And if not, I would be very grateful for one if you could create one. I have included links to an assortment of images that I hope will be enough for you to create the logo if you are able. Another request if possible. The Master System and Games were all packaged in distinctive white with grid pattern packaging. Instead of a solid border/background color like all of the other Emu icons, could you see what it looks like with this white and grid pattern as the border (as seen in the Wonder Boy Box art image linked below) instead of a solid color? Thank you in advance.

https://goo.gl/images/G7spem - console img 1
https://goo.gl/images/Dbgyz7 - console img 2
https://goo.gl/images/7fiv3C - controller img 1
https://goo.gl/images/MH5pZ4 - controller img 2
https://goo.gl/images/6c5Syo - Logo
https://goo.gl/images/aQDu7j - Wonder Boy Screenshot
https://goo.gl/images/bG1i7P - Wonder Boy Box Art
xbmc4you

Post by xbmc4you »

That's some nicce icons, thanks to op and everyone else contributing!

Quick noobie question, how do I use these? (where do i put them and what files / settings do I need to edit?)
xbmc4you

Post by xbmc4you »

xbmc4you wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:27 pm That's some nicce icons, thanks to op and everyone else contributing!

Quick noobie question, how do I use these? (where do i put them and what files / settings do I need to edit?)
Anyone?
Dom DXecutioner

[Artwork] Emulator Icons: Origins Style

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

In order to display the image displayed for a game, emulator or application, simply rename the desired image to default.tbn and place it in the folder where the corresponding default.XBE is located.

To display the new icons, FTP and navigate to xbmc\userdata\thumbnails\programs and delete the contents of that folder to delete the current icons cache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk