[Artwork] Emulator Icons: Origins Style

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Although I rarely use emulators, I decided to create some icons for the few emulators I do use... Thought I'd post them for anyone who may be interested in using them...

Whilst I don't have any intentions in creating icons for every emulator, feel free to submit a request; however, I do ask that if you do, to please provide a link to the console and controller image separately. Keep in mind, the emulated console image should look similar to what's in the icons below... by that I mean a front view with not too much of an angle.

Feel free to provide constructive criticism. Initially I made them with the emulator's name but decided to use the console name instead. I found that there were not many emulator name logos.

CONSOLES
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image Image

ARCADE
Image Image Image
Image Image

Just for fun and giggles, here's a screenshot with the icons being used... please keep in mind this thread is NOT about the skin but the emulator icons! :D

Dom DXecutioner
-
RoyalX

Re: [Artwork] Emulator Icons: Origins Style

Post by RoyalX »

Nice, beautiful colors.

The first thing what came in my mind is, why not have the X logo on the right bottom corner just like the arcade ones? Or Left bottom.

Never seen that NES logo. It is nice. But most of the times it lookes like thisImage

Not that I am using it. But could you make one with the Europian SNES? The controller is the same, only the console is different.
Now that I think of it, your controller should have purple buttons with this console and not the YGBR colored ones.

Offtopic: What is that Emulators/Save Games icon? Looks like a plugin and something.
Dom DXecutioner

The first thing what came in my mind is, why not have the X logo on the right bottom corner just like the arcade ones? Or Left bottom.
No harm in trying that...
Never seen that NES logo. It is nice. But most of the times it lookes like this...
That's the one I've seen myself, but for one reason or another, I prefer the one that's being used...
Not that I am using it. But could you make one with the Europian SNES?
If you're not using it, then what's the point? Also...
Dom DXecutioner wrote: Whilst I don't have any intentions in creating icons for every emulator, feel free to submit a request; however, I do ask that if you do, to please provide a link to the console and controller image separately. Keep in mind, the emulated console image should look similar to what's in the icons below... by that I mean a front view with not too much of an angle.
Offtopic: What is that Emulators/Save Games icon? Looks like a plugin and something.
The "Emulators" icon will take you to, well, you know, your emulators; assuming you have added it to your sources in the programs section
The "Game Saves" icon will take to, ummm, the xbox game saves... as for the icon itself, i guess i forgot to make one and it kinda does looks like a plugin type. Thanks for reminding me.
RoyalX

Post by RoyalX »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:
If you're not using it, then what's the point? Also...
I am sure someone will ask you this. Anyway here is a link with some pics of the console.
http://scacom.bplaced.net/Collection/so ... s/snes.php
Boris

Post by Boris »

I see you're pretty worked on the design. I want thank you for your hard work. when will be available XBMC Origins download?
(sorry for my english I'm from Russia)
Dom DXecutioner

@RoyalX,

Thanks for the link, but those images do not meet the design criteria... I may look for one later.
Boris wrote:...when will be available XBMC Origins download?
Dom DXecutioner wrote:... please keep in mind this thread is NOT about the skin but the emulator icons! :D
tim619

Post by tim619 »

You've really impressive GFX skills, I really like those icons!!

I miss the GameBoy Color (Green) :D
Dom DXecutioner

@tim619,

thanks! in reality, however, i have no "real" graphics skills; i'm simply resourceful :) :D

btw, 3 more icons added for atari consoles, and 2 for killer instinct arcade... i also placed the xbox logo at bottom as suggested by RoyalX

-
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Thanks Dom, you da man. 8-)
Blackshadow

Post by Blackshadow »

looking good dom 8-)
ace5

Post by ace5 »

they look great where to download
Dom DXecutioner

ace5 wrote:they look great where to download
Thanks! There's not download, per se, you can just right click the image and save as...
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

Speaking of emulators, how impossible would a layover be so say you "mouse over" the nes emulator could one set a condition to display a transparent png in xbmc(of say mario etc), to load over part of the screen much the way arcade launchers do eg, vision and coinops. You would draw a bit of attention from the emulator crowd. it would be a simple tweak to your skin (if possible) and look cool for the Emulating users?

These icons look awesome btw, drooling over the screenshots
Boris

Post by Boris »

WaNaB

Post by WaNaB »

GREAT WORK DOM & BORIS !!
A MAME ICON Would be great as well. No sure what to post for you to use for it DOM because it has no console just the LOGO.
DOM...why oh why do you tease us with your ORIGINS skin..very cruel :)
Last edited by WaNaB on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dom DXecutioner

here's the thing... a few months back after i closed the thread for my skin, i lost all the files related to xbmc. I have not really done anything since as the only copy was the one in the xbox ( lucky me! ) but was very outdated. I got annoyed and have not anything since ( well, a couple of things here and there but nothing major relative to what i had already done )... however, in the next coming weeks, I'll upload what i have.

Tell you the truth, i had forgotten about this icons; glad i released them before i lost all my stuff! :D
WaNaB

Post by WaNaB »

Murphy's Law Wins Again...thats a shame Dom. I edited my last comment...dont know if you saw it...you responded soooo fast.. ty. MAME would be a choice for Icons but I dont know what to post for you since it has no controller or system associated with it (as far as I know)..just the MAME LOGO.
NVMD looks like you have enough problems without making an ICON for me :) Take care
Dom DXecutioner

i did not see your last comment; as for the MAME icon, well, for now i don't have any plans to make more icons but who knows, perhaps i may get inspired.

Thanks!
Vojovnik

Post by Vojovnik »

game gear logo.jpg
game gear logo.jpg (53.98 KiB) Viewed 46446 times
virtual boy logo.jpg
virtual boy logo.jpg (61.52 KiB) Viewed 46446 times
Made some more Icons, hope you like 'em :)
Vojovnik
Dom DXecutioner

Awesome! That's what I'm talking about... If you don't mind my saying, the only suggestion I have is the console name/logo should be about 14( I think ) pixels from the top and from the LCD display.

Nice work!