need advice with buttons and grouplist control

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
r0b

need advice with buttons and grouplist control

Post by r0b »

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about to create a grouplist control with list of buttons for my tv guide. I need your opinion to see what is the best for me to use.

I'm using python to add a list of buttons, when I'm adding a list of buttons in each time, it will make things slowing down on the screen.

I'm wonder that if grouplist control would do the same if I use them and I'm also wonder that if I should use grouplist control if it would make it faster than I use on python?

Or should I stick with python?

I need your opinion please.

Thanks in advance.
r0b

Re: need advice with buttons and grouplist control

Post by r0b »

does anyone what i should use? grouplist control or should i stick with python????????
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I am confused. Why post here, then copy and paste your own personal questions to me?

Then do it again?

So on top of the multiple threads all over for your obscured and over generalized questions I am the leading candidate to answer you? Please, spamming is wrong. It is bad for the soul. Repent for you have sinned.

Anyone else getting pestered yet or am I being a grumpy old coot at this guy again for no good reason?
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

fxmech wrote:I am confused. Why post here, then copy and paste your own personal questions to me?

Then do it again?

So on top of the multiple threads all over for your obscured and over generalized questions I am the leading candidate to answer you? Please, spamming is wrong. It is bad for the soul. Repent for you have sinned.

Anyone else getting pestered yet or am I being a grumpy old coot at this guy again for no good reason?
No, it's not just you; I got the same... I believe he use to have an account under chris0147 and was banned for being rude to members (a mod at that); i tried helping him at the following thread: [SOLVED] tv guide button controls issue, but was not providing enough info but kept pestering for assistance... annoying!

anyway, i'll let other mods/admin decide what to do here; though i did send a message warning him!
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

@OP
Try both ways and let us know.

And post the script here so I can finally understand wtf you are trying to do?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

He won't be able to as he has been removed. Note to user - whatever their name is - You will be removed if you re-register again. You were banned for a reason, you can't just sign up again and carry on - that's not how it works.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

It's too bad he was among a handful of people actively trying to code something.

I hope there are rogue scholars lurking and creating their own personal use scripts, to outweigh the loss of an actively curious [spamming] student.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

I had a TeamViewer session a while ago trying to help him develop his EPG script or mod or whatever it is and that's when I found that he is a bit special, he doesn't get social cues. I had to spell it out to get him to stop emailing me eventually. Now normally I wouldn't say it out but it seems to develop in a bit of a situation.
tim619

Post by tim619 »

I even had to deactivate my pm's because he spammed so much... :O