Adapting main Xbmc Skins?

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
skatulskijean

Adapting main Xbmc Skins?

Post by skatulskijean »

With the release of xbmc4xbox 3.5 i think it is time to ask what for steps it since to adapting skins from main-xbmc (Frodo) to the currently stable xbmc4xbox 3.5 build.

Regards Jan

Edit:

for the mainxxbmc version Frodo the source is closed so it since no changes anymore and i think it where nice we can create a programm what adapt the skins for xbmc4xbox but i want the steps to adapting the skins from frodo to xbmc4xbox.

Regards Jan
byron

Re: Adapting main Xbmc Skins?

Post by byron »

Hey, meant to post this the other day and got side tracked...it's from a different thread where I posted the changes I could think of from when I forked Transparency! (5.0.4) - almost certain the version I started with was from Frodo.
byron wrote:
Okay, here's a patch comparing 720p folders (I'm the working copy). You can look at it from the link but I couldn't figure out how to use the colored lines through dropbox so probably needs to be opened in some text editor to be less confusing. I tried uploading it to pastbin but it's too damn big...

FILES DELETED:
  • AddonBrowser.xml
  • DialogAddonInfo.xml
  • DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml
  • DialogPeripheralManager.xml
  • DialogPeripheralSettings.xml
  • ALL PVR DIALOGS (9)
  • DialogSubtitles.xml
FILES RENAMED:
  • DialogAddonSettings.xml ==> DialogPluginSettings.xml
  • SkinSettings.xml ==> CustomSkinSettings.xml (with an id 3000-3099)
FILES CREATED:
  • MyVideo.xml
  • DialogMusicScan.xml
  • DialogVideoScan.xml
I also deleted all of the views.xml's (hardcoded them), and got rid of many other includes files that were skin specific, but the lists above are mostly mainline specific stuff that won't work on our platform afaik, or file names that are different for x4x etc...hope this is somewhat helpful to you and what you're trying to do.
There are possibly other changes, but it's been awhile since I did that and it's not so fresh in my head anymore. Hope this is helpful with what you're trying to accomplish, let me know if I can help further.
tim619

Re: Adapting main Xbmc Skins?

Post by tim619 »

Do you mean something like this? http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =15&t=2948
I only implemented a few things to get basic skin working because other things me and other users didn't know...