Confluence Lite optimized Final 3/27/2015

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Strelki

Re: Confluence Lite optimized LOW MENU update 10/3/2014

Post by Strelki »

Hi Notthesame, you can explain me how work fanart for programs. I have put a folder named fanart in my E:\ with the name of the xbe's game for exemple for the game Dead or Alive 3 I have put E:\Fanart\Dead or Alive 3.jpg but doesn't work.
Xbox v1.2 TSOP 5004.67, ide/sata adaptator, IDE Cable 80 wires, HDD Samsung 2To (HD204UI), PC DVD drive LG GDR-8164B with adaptator solderless, and Noiseblocker UltraSilentFan S3 80mm.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

change your .jpg to .tbn then see if it works.
Strelki

Post by Strelki »

Hi Notthesame, thx for your reply I have try but doesn't work too, maybe because my games are classified as follows : F:\Games\D\Dead or Alive 3 and for letter A F:\Games\A\... etc
Xbox v1.2 TSOP 5004.67, ide/sata adaptator, IDE Cable 80 wires, HDD Samsung 2To (HD204UI), PC DVD drive LG GDR-8164B with adaptator solderless, and Noiseblocker UltraSilentFan S3 80mm.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

I use mine in F, I might of not added this or something let me see later tonight, ill ge tback to you with the best answer I can thanks again :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Strelki wrote:Hi Notthesame, thx for your reply I have try but doesn't work too, maybe because my games are classified as follows : F:\Games\D\Dead or Alive 3 and for letter A F:\Games\A\... etc
I can see what I can do so they can appear when needed :). the fanart can be placed more like in the game folder so it picks it up and not a located area like F:/fanart/nameofgame.tbn

more like F:/Games/H/Halo

which I think I need to use some other code.
foxinabox

Re: Confluence Lite optimized Final 3/27/2015

Post by foxinabox »

Hello.

I noticed that hard disk info in system info is not viewable in this update of the skin. A pity. Not being able to know the hdd temp.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

is this in the original confluence lite? remember this is just a optimized skin with a few features added on, but if you want me to make you a custom file with this feature I can? let me know :)
bornagainpenguin

Post by bornagainpenguin »

Is there a mirror of this anywhere? Dropbox is being a poop, giving me the 'something went wrong'; don't worry about your files' message everytime I try to get this.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Not at the time,but I'll make another link later today
u-man

Post by u-man »

Hello NOTTHESAME,

first a big thanks to this mod of Confluence.... really, really fast, really responsive, but like foxinthebox mentioned, the hard disk info in system info is not viewable in this update of the skin, missing the hdd temp and there is no info/plot for videos in the home-video-section. This is not really a problem, as i have them back again in the home-movies section, ...but they are not scrolling, maybe i am doing something wrong, but with the "normal" Confluence it does and the plot/info is present in both sections. Other than that, it is a real nice alternative and a excellent mod of Confluence.

Coming to my "real" problems... I am new to XBMC and Xbox in general... and have only two or three things, that I would like to change. First is the Emulator title in the submenu of the home-section. I use only CoinOPS and i will not use any other emulators, so i would like to change "Emulators" into "CoinOPS". How can i do this? The same goes for the folder where CoinOPS is located but if i change the name, Confluence doesnt find my source anymore, if I click "Emulators" and is opening a blank and empty field, where i cant do anything, except to go back.

It seems Confluence, expects a folder named "Emulators" otherwise it doesnt work.

It would be perfect, if CoinOPS would start immediately after clicking "Emulators", instead of being in the folderstructure and clicking on the CoinOPS thumb once more. It would be mega-nice, if the resolution could also change from my default 480p (XBMC) to 480i for CoinOPS (i want real scanlines for my CoinOPS ;)). I must do this everytime manually prior starting CoinOPS. So is this even possible to do? The button "Emulators" would be a perfect launcher button, if this is possible. Once i figure out, how this would work, I could do any further changes i would like to do for myself.

I am also missing the XPR Express 1.5.1 version, which i cant find anywhere for download. This is just for the case, i find something else, i would like to change and would be very happy for a dropboxlink or similar.

Yo, thats all... thanks in advance and for all your effort in the past... good job, well played. :D

cheers, u-man
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

hey u-man.
thanks for replying :) mostly cuase im home right now, I am busy most of the time so I take a few months to do some stuff for skins.

im bring out another update maybe in theses few days, I did a few tricks and it seems its helping thanks to Byron and his new and improved tricks.
not sure about the hard disk stuff and info, and which skin are you using of confluence? or confluence lite, as I was telling foxinthebox im not gonna change anything since this is a confluence lite skins, later ill bring out a modded version, this is just the original only changed stuff whats inside and not outside, but I can make you guys a custom version of this info of temp and hard disk and so on, just bare with me u-man.
its only a mod since I changed how some people think it should of been made like the menu can move up and down, thanks to rocky5 for this neat trick :)

yes you can change the submenu from emulator to coinOPS, all you need to do is ftp to xbox, view home.xml or copy it to your pc, make sure you make a COPY(BACKUP of HOME.xml) okay if something goes wrong just replace witht he COPY, now open it with a wordpad or notepad

go to find and search for emulators

this should pop up

Code: Select all

<control type="button" id="90184">
						<!--include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include-->
						<height>35</height>
		<width>180</width>
		<textwidth>195</textwidth>
		<align>center</align>
		<aligny>center</aligny>
		<font>font12</font>
		<textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
		<focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
		<texturefocus border="5">HomeSubFO.png</texturefocus>
		<texturenofocus border="5">HomeSubNF.png</texturenofocus>
		<pulseonselect>false</pulseonselect>
						<label>31272</label>
						<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Emulators,return)</onclick>
					</control>
once you see where it says <onclick> where it says emulators, change it to CoinOPS
now save it and close it should auto replace from your pc to your xbox, if you dragged it save it and send it back.

now start up fire it up and see what happens when you click on CoinOPS, if you need help let me know.

about starting up in Resolution, I cant help you out their buddy :) sorry, you need to ask some over in emuxtras.net

about XPR express, I cant seem to get it running on my windows8 that's all I have as a pc lol so I cant do anything skin modding, sorry I couldn't tell you where to find it, I could only tell you that if you ask around someone will lend you a hand , have you tried asking for this version maybe some one has it, im sure they do.

hey thanks to you, and everyone here is happy to help you with what you need :)

thanks for the info ill be working on a few things later on today to release another confluence lite, this one has stuff removed that was not needed :).

hey if you got any more questions or if you think I missed something please please let me know.

thanks u-man
u-man

Post by u-man »

heya... NOTTHESAME,

first... yes i use Confluence Lite and I thank you for your fast answer, it helped me a little.
The HDD stuff and info about the space used and how much is free is there, but no TEMP info... it is important, if you copy via FTP a huge amount to the disk... it can get pretty hot. Also the model name of the HDD is missing (not so important).
A good rule is to pause a view minutes every 200GB or so. Thats why it would be nice to have it back again.

The resolution thing: I can change the resolution with XBMC or with any Skin...it is in the system settings.. no problem, but it would be nice, to have it automatically set to 480i, if i start CoinOPS... to clarify.. i dont want to change the resolution once I am inside CoinOPS ( it is also not possible :D ). CoinOPS uses, whatever is selected, before starting it ;) .

So the order would be as follow:

1.) click on "emulators"
2.) automatically change resolution to 480i (or disable 480p, 720p, 1080i... that is the same)
3.) automatically start CoinOPS

instead of:

1.) change resolution to 480i in the system settings, sub menue video (disabling 480p, 720p, 1080i)
2.) click on "emulators"
3.) browse to CoinOPS
4.) click CoinOPS

As for XPR Express: I would also use any other recommended program for browsing the .xpr textures, but I have no clue what their name is :P . I just asked for XPR Express, because it is mentioned everywhere. I have 1.5.0. but it seem that it doesnt work with windows 7, as it gives me errors everytime i try to just open any .xpr file... :(

And again.... many thanks for helping me out, very friendly here... big like for this.

I am patient and understand that you do this in your free-time, which is precious, valuable and expensive ;)

cheers u-man
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

The launching of apps in certain resolutions isn't in the scope of this skin.

I have a hunch it can be done though, but I can't think off hand a good first try
u-man

Post by u-man »

Sadly, i didnt find ANY skin where it is possible to launch a app in a certain resolution. If I would find one, I could try to copy that code. I am pretty sure it can be done, because there are radio buttons which do change resolution... so i have hope for this.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Yeah, nothing to do with the skin. Sorry, nothing about the skin you choose will solve it, ever
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

u-man wrote:heya... NOTTHESAME,

first... yes i use Confluence Lite and I thank you for your fast answer, it helped me a little.
The HDD stuff and info about the space used and how much is free is there, but no TEMP info... it is important, if you copy via FTP a huge amount to the disk... it can get pretty hot. Also the model name of the HDD is missing (not so important).
A good rule is to pause a view minutes every 200GB or so. Thats why it would be nice to have it back again.

The resolution thing: I can change the resolution with XBMC or with any Skin...it is in the system settings.. no problem, but it would be nice, to have it automatically set to 480i, if i start CoinOPS... to clarify.. i dont want to change the resolution once I am inside CoinOPS ( it is also not possible :D ). CoinOPS uses, whatever is selected, before starting it ;) .

So the order would be as follow:

1.) click on "emulators"
2.) automatically change resolution to 480i (or disable 480p, 720p, 1080i... that is the same)
3.) automatically start CoinOPS

instead of:

1.) change resolution to 480i in the system settings, sub menue video (disabling 480p, 720p, 1080i)
2.) click on "emulators"
3.) browse to CoinOPS
4.) click CoinOPS

As for XPR Express: I would also use any other recommended program for browsing the .xpr textures, but I have no clue what their name is :P . I just asked for XPR Express, because it is mentioned everywhere. I have 1.5.0. but it seem that it doesnt work with windows 7, as it gives me errors everytime i try to just open any .xpr file... :(

And again.... many thanks for helping me out, very friendly here... big like for this.

I am patient and understand that you do this in your free-time, which is precious, valuable and expensive ;)

cheers u-man
glad to help, and have fun with your xbmc4xbox/coinops games :)
u-man

Post by u-man »

It seems you did not understand me ;) ....
I want to change the button name itself into CoinOPS:

------------------------------------------
MOVIES MUSIC / PROGRAMS \ SYSTEM
\ Apps Games CoinOPS Scripts Plugins /
----------------------------------------

How can I do this?

And I want, if you click CoinOPS that it instant starts and NOT this:

Programs - CoinOPS
-----------------------
-----------------------
CoinOPS 79.77GB

-----------------------

Hope you understand what I mean ;)

Thanks, u-man
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

im sorry lol im such a moron don't worry I do all the time, where it says

<control type="button" id="90184">
                  <height>35</height>
      <width>180</width>
      <align>center</align>
      <aligny>center</aligny>
      <font>font12</font>
      <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
      <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                  <label>31272</label>                                            
                  <onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Emulators,return)</onclick>
               </control>
change the <label>31272</label> from this to this <label>CoinOPS</label>

<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Emulators,return)</onclick> change this to this <onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,CoinOPS,return)</onclick>

now try it, I don't think nothing else should be missing and it should work
u-man

Post by u-man »

Hi NOTTHESAME,

yeah, thank you soooo much, that did the trick...

<label>CoinOPS</label>
						<onclick>G:\CoinOPS\CoinOPS 7 Massive\default.xbe</onclick>
					</control>
					<control type="button" id="90185">
						<height>35</height>
		<width>180</width>
by changing <onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Emulators,return)</onclick>
into this <onclick>G:\CoinOPS\CoinOPS 7 Massive\default.xbe</onclick>
i had finally everything like I wanted.

Now i tasted the blood of skinning.... and want more off course :D

Is it possible to do the following ??:

MOVIES CoinOPS / PROGRAMS \ SYSTEM
-------------------------------------------
..............\ Apps Games Scripts Plugins /

That would be even better and I would remove the sub-menue "emulators" completely then.

Meanwhile I will try to make the resolution switch to work... I still think it is possible to do, as long as you dont switch between NTSC and PAL, because then you would need to do this in the Microsoft Dash too.

I also maked a pretty nice Background for this skin here, so other CoinOps fans outthere can benefit from it. Unfortunately it is only 480p optimized, but works very, very nice with this skin and green color as default. I attached it to this post.

Thanks for all the help and maybe you can still help me further ;) .

PS: Oh and please tell me, how you did the thing, with showing up how much memory and cpu is used all the time... like you did in the first screenshots you maked here. I want that badly, please...please... please.

cheers u-man
Attachments
screenshot001.jpg
screenshot000.jpg
skindefault.jpg
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

wow, I really dig this, its cool.

ill check this out, maybe ill ask you to make me a few custom sega genesis themes, but let me think of one :)
yes I can help you.

about your system info on home menu I been busy sorry about that, I had to work last night, ill try to get it done today :), im going to add a window but im not sure which one ill test some out so it goes with confluence lite :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uyhk3wc11f85t4d/Home.xml?dl=0 heres your system info in home :)

heres a screen shot to see how its gonna look

http://postimg.org/image/mbv91a5cz/