Confluence Lite optimized Final 3/27/2015

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
NOTTHESAME

Confluence Lite optimized Final 3/27/2015

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Confluence lite optimized Xbmc4xbox

Confluence Lite: 64ram xbox users only.
I could say its a little bit safer to use at 720p now!

Removed/changed - add a code to save some ram when using the backgrounds, the skin was running 2 images ,the default and custom, now it should not use so much ram I made the backgrounds only come on when they are used, in other words, when turning on the custom background/s the default hides which was not in the original confluence lite skin :), this saves us a little bit of ram. :)

Removed/changed - in the original confluence lite, fanart, and other stuff were located in views/fanart that were not needed, like fanart in weather which xbox does not use any addons only weather its self, i removed thoses from a location that didn't need them and only kept eating up ram, like views were calling views that don't even exist, this is why when opening a plugin it would just lock up, it should not do this anymore.

Changed - moved recently added info/album/movies from includes to home.xml now on startup it shouldn't take up so much ram

Changed - resized default background image for 64ram users at 720p, the original background is also their just rename back to original name.

added - low and high menu

added - multiimage for background

Moved - Most of Includes 99.9% done! :) have not had time to go back to check I get lazy at times :) lol

Programs - Fanart

this is a much different mod so don't mix with the other older versions that some of you downloaded or original confluence lite.

I ran xbmc at 720p
480p

Download link https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gjwp1spbdobl ... e.zip?dl=0 NEWER UPDATE 3/27/2015

sometime this year ill make changes on the programs so the fanart can be used in the game folder and not some other location.

fanart as normal make a fanart in your E or F drive, name it the same as game or program has to be .jpg

First of all I want to thank Byron for your help thanks buddy
I would also like to thank rocky5 for his quick low profile mod and multiimage background mod :) and
Everyone Supporting xbmc4xbox, thank you.
Last edited by NOTTHESAME on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:13 am, edited 20 times in total.
Spongy

Re: Confluence Lite 720p mod

Post by Spongy »

This is crazy fast. Thanks a ton for this mod.
xbs

Re: Confluence Lite XBMC4XBOX update

Post by xbs »

Nice mod!
Thanks
Skins: SLik JX720 MS_Redux Mosaic
Utils: HeXEn
github.com/xbs08/
byron

Post by byron »

Thanks for the props bro...I definitely knocked out a bunch of those includes for ya ;) I really wanted to make a nice and neat patch for BuZz while this was still "young" but it never happened... just let me know if you need any more help (seems as though you're starting to get the hang of it).
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

byron wrote:Thanks for the props bro...I definitely knocked out a bunch of those includes for ya ;) I really wanted to make a nice and neat patch for BuZz while this was still "young" but it never happened... just let me know if you need any more help (seems as though you're starting to get the hang of it).
no thank you for the help, you did knock out alot of thoses includes for me thanks, i think i will need help i think the only includes standing is the recently added section which is fine, i did manage to get thoses codecaudios and video includes where they belong, the animations in that right places, even moved the search script to 720p so it calls it faster inside the folder i gave it a test and does not use more ram then just calling it right on the spot.

as i see it the skin is 98% done which still needs to be cleaned up but everything is just the same as i got it, the only thing i need to send back is the main menu back to the middle and not the buttom.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

i uploaded another update of the skin it seems to be done now maybe some cleaning up, this is for testing only.
until we know its working fine then i can go ahead release it as it was before in the normal confluence lite with the middle menu :)
Strelki

Post by Strelki »

Thnaks a lot NOTTHESAME for your work!
Xbox v1.2 TSOP 5004.67, ide/sata adaptator, IDE Cable 80 wires, HDD Samsung 2To (HD204UI), PC DVD drive LG GDR-8164B with adaptator solderless, and Noiseblocker UltraSilentFan S3 80mm.
byron

Post by byron »

NOTTHESAME wrote:...i think i will need help i think the only includes standing is the recently added section which is fine...
I agree...if you check out the original IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml from the current xbmc4xbox trunk -- which no longer exists in this mod after I moved it into Includes.xml -- It's the same code really, just broken up and included conditionally on Home.xml. For instance, instead of bringing in a whole file at boot (IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml), now the conditions have to be met from Home in order to be included. (Library.HasContent(Movies), Library.HasContent(TvShows), Library.HasContent(Music)).

More simply put, none of the recently added code will be seen unless a user already has library content scanned into the library...furthermore, if someone only has music content, in turn movies and tvshows recently added will not be brought into memory...only music (hope that makes sense). I'm guessing most users don't ever take the time to scan content so this a win-win situation. Also, no real performance gain for hardcoding these IMO. Once you dump all that code into Home.xml, cpu takes a hit and menu navigation becomes noticeably choppy...
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Just a heads up; even if you add conditional includes, as long as it exists in the includes.xml, it will always remain in memory indefinitely; however, adding the code to the home.xml, it will only be in memory while the window is active/visible. Although the memory usage may be negligible.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

byron wrote:
NOTTHESAME wrote:...i think i will need help i think the only includes standing is the recently added section which is fine...
I agree...if you check out the original IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml from the current xbmc4xbox trunk -- which no longer exists in this mod after I moved it into Includes.xml -- It's the same code really, just broken up and included conditionally on Home.xml. For instance, instead of bringing in a whole file at boot (IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml), now the conditions have to be met from Home in order to be included. (Library.HasContent(Movies), Library.HasContent(TvShows), Library.HasContent(Music)).

More simply put, none of the recently added code will be seen unless a user already has library content scanned into the library...furthermore, if someone only has music content, in turn movies and tvshows recently added will not be brought into memory...only music (hope that makes sense). I'm guessing most users don't ever take the time to scan content so this a win-win situation. Also, no real performance gain for hardcoding these IMO. Once you dump all that code into Home.xml, cpu takes a hit and menu navigation becomes noticeably choppy...
I think I will leave recently added in includes.XML after all the skin is doing really great now .
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

@NOTTHESAME
A tip, if you start using a source repository like GitHub or Google Code, you can commit your changes remotely and you can easily compare in between version to see what you changed (PS: GitHub allows for SVN as well, no need to be scared by Git although that also has advantages, as working offline and committing away locally and pushing all when online later).
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Dan Dar3 wrote:@NOTTHESAME
A tip, if you start using a source repository like GitHub or Google Code, you can commit your changes remotely and you can easily compare in between version to see what you changed (PS: GitHub allows for SVN as well, no need to be scared by Git although that also has advantages, as working offline and committing away locally and pushing all when online later).
That is Dan dargreat idea I'll look into it when I get home today from work, if not tomorrow :) I'll pm if I need help getting this going thank you again.
byron

Post by byron »

I have a repo on google code set aside for xbox skins that I've done some work on...I think it would be a good idea to upload our work there and we can move forward together at that point. Up to you, would be no problem at all :arrow: SVN is the way to go IMO.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

okay cool, alright ill let you know and @ dan dar so you guys can help me out, when im off for the week, i work early then get out this week early, but ill be off for the next few days, give me time :) thanks guys again
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

original menu

new menu low and middle menu :)

check up above for the new updates
Last edited by NOTTHESAME on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spongy

Post by Spongy »

Anxiously awaiting the finished product so I can do my own mods to it.
Ailyn Zel

Re: Confluence Lite optimized LOW MENU update 10/3/2014

Post by Ailyn Zel »

Hi there NOTHESAME! Is there any way to add a Bigger font choice? I have done my own mod to the regular Confluence Lite but it did not work on your optimized version. I love it so far and want to use this one, but the font is hard to read on my old style TV. Thanxx for the consideration!

Ailyn Zel
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

its the same skin as the original, the only difference like before is all the includes are sent to its locations, try this, open the folder go to font in your 720p

now open and edit, so if the font is 17, change them to 18, try this for all just up the number, i use to this before, but not anymore since i got a big screen tv, so try it and i hope this helps.
bornagainpenguin

Post by bornagainpenguin »

Holy cow, this is awesome! I can't believe how fast it feels and how optimized everything is from what appears to be a deceptively simple mod--just move the menu lower. Obviously you've put some time into this and ...just wow. Wow and thank you!

Having said that though I have a question. Would it make sense to lower the recently added section on movies so that it isn't so high up? Or maybe resize the posters a bit (unless this eats more memory)? Right now the posters for recently added items hang in the air at the top of the screen which looks awkward without the menu being in the middle. I would imagine simply lowering the area displayed in would fix the issue quite easily and quickly, but I have no experience with such things so I really don't know how hard it would be to implement or not.

Regardless thanks for the awesome light skin.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

thanks and it took sometime and help from others to optimized this skin from what it was to what it is now, at the time im working on something else and busy, but when i get a chance will do this for you and upload a quick mod for you, but give me some time and ill try to get to it, if i got some time on my hands ill do it.

thanks again :)