Mosaic update 1/28/2015

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
NOTTHESAME

Mosaic update 1/28/2015

Post by NOTTHESAME »

heres a update of Mosaic with a few updates or mods however you want to see it :)

skin seems to be 100% working.

added - startup playlist
removed - some includes to save on some ram(skin is still the same) send thoses area to their locations.
add - Game Saves in programs, now you can access game saves for your xbox saves :)
removed transparent images/fanart, some fanart stuff was not showing up for example some video plugins use fanart, this was not using up and if it would it was be transparent, this should load up faster fanart

Mosaic with all fixes of skin that need to run
Download :) Enjoy
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hkpovirsnqm6 ... c.rar?dl=0

enjoy
Last edited by NOTTHESAME on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:11 am, edited 13 times in total.
NOTTHESAME

Re: Mosaic 3.0

Post by NOTTHESAME »

heres a new skin color put theses inside your /Q/skin/Mosaic/media/other_textures/

if it wont read the skin textures make folder named other_textures inside of media and put them inside

for now until i can pack the textures back up so they are one complete replace :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5r84p8a94sq7p9z/BPSkNk9zo8
Last edited by NOTTHESAME on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

heres a new skin color put theses inside your /Q/skin/Mosaic/media/other_textures/

if it wont read the skin textures make folder named other_textures inside of media and put them inside

for now until i can pack the textures back up so they are one complete replace :)

NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

heres another skin color i am working on its not done since i want to change a few colors so ill release this one also later on when im done with adding other stuff, when you want to choose your background a image does not demo on the side so i want to add this and for now heres a screenshot
got the colors from confluence lite :)
notice the ram is running at 38000 it runs almost at 40000 if you turn off RSS, FTP, no library.

if you turn on RSS,ftp youll be okay but it will go low with library movies, it will run at 30ram to 33ram ram will jump again to 34 35ram if you go inside the music,movies,videos,pictures youll be okay.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

NOTTHESAME

Re: Mosaic 3.1

Post by NOTTHESAME »

heres images of the 3.1

fxmech

Re: Mosaic update 8/17/2014

Post by fxmech »

I noticed you updated this a couple weeks ago. The download link in the first post is broken.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

link should be fixed now, enjoy!
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

Wow this Skin is light! XBS did a grand job. Nice updates you have done here NOTTHESAME! If its not any trouble I would like to point out some bugs/requests.
screenshot000.png
The "Apps" shortcut is not working, my folder is named apps and works fine with other skins.

screenshot001.png
Is it possible for the Pics to be sized correctly so they are not stretched and maybe place the text of the album under the image?

screenshot002.png
Could you fix the video info please?

screenshot003.png
Any chance of an icon view like this for game and video menus?

Cheer's :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

I think I can fix the app.when I get home tonight I might of not notice this before but I'll check,
Now the view I it take me a while to resize in I been wanting to do this just don't have time so please chill while until I get home,

video info what do mean, do u think it's unreadable if so then yeah I think it's also to compressed

Please explain more on the recently added, this area is support by a script.so. do u want to change this area to what? You want a image of the video instead of icon of it?
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

I think I can fix the app.when I get home tonight I might of not notice this before but I'll check,
Now the view I it take me a while to resize in I been wanting to do this just don't have time so please chill while until I get home,
Sure, please take your time.
video info what do mean, do u think it's unreadable if so then yeah I think it's also to compressed
Yes please.
Please explain more on the recently added, this area is support by a script.so. do u want to change this area to what? You want a image of the video instead of icon of it?
Make this...
screenshot004.jpg
...Look like this:
screenshot003.png
And for video plugin view too.

Thanks!
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

okay for the part of the apps i wont change this since others/you wont have access to program plugins, so i will leave it as it is, instead go into your mosaic skin/720p/

now look for home.xml

copy it to your pc <label>32100</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs)</onclick>
copy and paste this in the search of your notepad word pad, now change

copy this Programs,Games,return

into the ()

so it looks like this <label>32100</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Apps,return)</onclick>

save and ftp back or close once your done be sure to save then now try, yo should get apps to open directly.

fixed the video debug info, so on the next update you will be able to get this file, remember dont replace the home.xml if thats the way you wanted your apps to open up.

the view i need to edit it as well get allt he width to close so they are not as wide, dont expect it tonight so please bare with me with this as well.

now that we got both of thoses out of the way, let me fix the second and 4th.
Last edited by NOTTHESAME on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

5l1p wrote:
Sure, please take your time.
Yes please.
Make this...
screenshot004.jpg
...Look like this:
screenshot003.png
And for video plugin view too.

Thanks!
so you want emulators to be presented and launched on the main menu in that screen, with the images to be full frame?
you might have to have certain locations for your emulators to launch, thent he full frame can be done.

i can make the big icons in that view in the programs for now, it will take time but yes this can be done.
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

okay for the part of the apps i wont change this since others/you wont have access to program plugins, so i will leave it as it is, instead go into your mosaic skin/720p/
My mistake :oops: I see now this is the "programs" button but named "apps" I thought it was supposed to be a shortcut, apologies for implying this as a bug.
so you want emulators to be presented and launched on the main menu in that screen, with the images to be full frame?
you might have to have certain locations for your emulators to launch, thent he full frame can be done.
Just the icon sizes please, not for the home screen.
i can make the big icons in that view in the programs for now, it will take time but yes this can be done.
Yes! icons re-sized please and if possible for videos too. Used screen shot as an example.
fixed the video debug info
Thank you! :D

Take your time NOTTHESAME, I am in no rush, I don't want to come across as though I am demanding features. Thanks for your hard work! :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

yeah i can fix this soon, the first apps is how it is, i can change this but i need to check where else is apps located so i dont have to change it all, to change allt his we need to also change this inside the language, the view i can change the covers so they look square and nice.

dont worry about asking the wrong questions and think it was not a bug, so you want to resize them so you can see a bigger icons in the view, that sfine i can do that :)
xam

Mosaic update 1/21/2015 icons missing

Post by xam »

Hi i've downloade the skin but all the icons are replaced by the defaultaddonnone.png icon like i seen in xml views file? ,i've opened the texture.xpr file and i've seen that all the respective icons are there (drive icons,music icons,pictures ecc) but i don't know how to do to set things
NOTTHESAME

Re: Mosaic update 1/21/2015

Post by NOTTHESAME »

hi xam, welcome to xbmc4xbox :)
do you want to setup music icons? movie icons? what you see on top of this page of theses pages? if so i can help you, but
i really dont know what you need help with, please more details, thank you
xam
xam

Post by xam »

Ok like you see in screenshots all the icons are repalced with the stop icon (defaultaddonnone.png) The respective icons of drives and files are missing like the previews.I'm the only one with this bug? :(
screenshot003.JPG
screenshot004.JPG
screenshot005.JPG
screenshot006.JPG
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

re-download the skin https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hkpovirsnqm6 ... c.rar?dl=0
if you have so then make sure you have latest version of xbmc4xbox which is 3.5

you can either scan your movies or music from online by setting the content

now your icons in your music need to be named folder.jpg or cover.jpg inside the folder
if its a album you want to add the cover, drop the image inside and name it folder.jpg

your movies and videos you can also name them the same as the movie, example
down from internet and ftp to xbox.

movie.avi
movie.tbn (not .jpg or other formats)

it has to be tbn.

the cerca immagine area is not showing since this skin is basic and simple, thoses icons on the left of the C Drive and E Drive do show try to download again.

the main reason is to keep everything basic and simple (saves ram)

im not gonna add anything in the filemanager either since its not needed.
im sure everyone just looks up the name of a image not needed and then erases it, it will take up some ram on this area, so not needed, im trying to keep the skin very light for thoses 64ram users :)

no! this is not a bug, you are doing something wrong that's all, try what I wrote above.