[CLOSED] Xbox Extended

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Dom DXecutioner

[WIP-Release] Xbox Extended

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Friendly reminder for those whom may use this skin; no feedback, no updates!

Things like "when will you update?, skin not working properly!", are not feedback, therefore I'll assume all works fine.

Details are essential for features and fixes, screenshots of items not working help tremendously! Granted, not every feature request will make it but we can try. I'm aware of several bugs but I often forget about them because I don't use every aspect of xbmc, so details serve as a reminder to fix them.
tim619

Re: [WIP-Release] Xbox Extended

Post by tim619 »

Okay, first of all really good skin and runs fluently just a few things what I think could be changed:
The buttons to go up and down in setting menu (triangle) (are they from cofluence?) The switch button would be nice if also the white bar could switch side when selecting the button.
When going back or to a the main page in my opinion the fading does take too long, but maybe this is because of cpu..
as I mentioned already before on a menu with endless scrolling of titles (like music, games etc) its not good to have such an enormous speed when pressing right or left back button, on confluence speed is the same but there we do not have endless scrolling. I do not say endless scrolling is bad but I would say it would be good to have it much slower ;)

Next point is that game trainer settings arent selectable. And for me configuring of entry on main page doesnt work maybe I have to make some python settings?!

Thank you for implementing what I said with button down = going to menu down. Now at this point the button A is free and I would assume clicking this button will point me to the main of the category e.g.: i'm on weather and do not want to go down to weather but want to directly start the weather entry in my opinion at this point using the A button would be wonderful.
(and music should go directly to music on A click like in confluence)

One thing which isn't good in my opinion is that if I watch a film and press step forward button it shows not only Xb.Ext. GUI but als the confluence?! one. Also the green bar of Xb.Ext skin is overwriting the position where the film is at the moment.
For me your skin crashed when going to master settings and there to a section for which I have to enter password but at actually I cant find this now :|
I could not test more because I dont have scraped things or even internet on xbox atm.. but I can say all other things work great so far and free ram at 720p was ~28mb when i looked.

If you need screenshots from some things I can make some ;)
Dom DXecutioner

Now that's what i'm talking about...

The buttons to go up and down in setting menu (triangle) (are they from cofluence?)
Yes, they are remnants of the confluence lite skin; this was the skin that i used as the base for the xbox extended; either way, CHANGED!
The switch button would be nice if also the white bar could switch side when selecting the button.
I assume you're referring to the toggle button; If so, good catch... i've never really payed attention to that. Either way, DONE!
When going back or to a the main page in my opinion the fading does take too long, but maybe this is because of cpu..
I pressume by main page you're referring to the home window; i'll look into it... may be the delay in the animation is too long.
as I mentioned already before on a menu with endless scrolling of titles (like music, games etc) its not good to have such an enormous speed when pressing right or left back button, on confluence speed is the same but there we do not have endless scrolling. I do not say endless scrolling is bad but I would say it would be good to have it much slower
I have no idea what you mean by "endless scrolling."; i suspect you mean a wraplist type of view where the list is continuous; i don't know what you mean by enourmous speed as it scrolls just fine for me.
Next point is that game trainer settings arent selectable. And for me configuring of entry on main page doesnt work maybe I have to make some python settings?!
Don't know what trainers are, will need a screen shot.
Thank you for implementing what I said with button down = going to menu down. Now at this point the button A is free and I would assume clicking this button will point me to the main of the category e.g.: i'm on weather and do not want to go down to weather but want to directly start the weather entry in my opinion at this point using the A button would be wonderful.
(and music should go directly to music on A click like in confluence)
DONE!
One thing which isn't good in my opinion is that if I watch a film and press step forward button it shows not only Xb.Ext. GUI but als the confluence?! one. Also the green bar of Xb.Ext skin is overwriting the position where the film is at the moment.
I believe you're referring to the seek bar, i'm aware of this as i had not finished that window yet; either way, CHANGED!
For me your skin crashed when going to master settings and there to a section for which I have to enter password but at actually I cant find this now
If this happens again, enable debug and upload the debug.log to pastebin and provide a link.

Thanks for the feedback!
tim619

Post by tim619 »

Thanks for changing these things. At the moment I can't take screenshots and because of this I take them from xbs confluence lite.
So here what I said about the trainers (aka cheats)
If you have trainer files in a special folder and set up the folder you can go to your games and in the settings of a game there you should edit the trainer settings e.g. which feature is enabled/disabled. (yellow icon means trainer enabled, gray means trainer file available and no icon = no trainer)

Now to what I call "endless scrolling in main menu": again from xbs
the focus is here on TV Shows, if I now press R or L (the controller button on the back are meant) it will "scroll" drectly to left or right. In this skin it stops then because confluence lite has no "endless scrolling" but making the same on your skin it scrolls endless and I cannot reach the right item becaue it scrolls just to quick, so basically there is no real function here.
My idea was to either make the scrolling much slower or to make it breaking at left or right like in confluence.
byron

Post by byron »

It's because the home menu is a fixedlist container in confluence lite for sure.
Dom DXecutioner

@tim619,

I'll have to see about those trainer things, but looking at the code from Confluence Lite, it's pretty simple... it's just a matter of having the images and adding ListItem.Overlay; will look into it next time around

Regarding the wraplist control or "endless scroll" as you refer to it, i can make it to stop at the end on the views, tho i don't plan to do that for the home screen.

Here are some of the changes made this time around...

As tim619 pointed out:
- the spinner control images have now been changed
- the toggle button is now changed

The DialogSeekbar has been changed; the labels should no longer overlap and most of the remnants of Confluence Lite are gone, however, the seeking images are still there and will changed them, hopefully, in the next update.

Now, new additions... as you can see from the previous and next screenshot, the percent watched and time remaining are now visually available; pretty cool, i think! :D

Also, the unfinished movies will be available in most areas of the interface, tho for now it's only available in library mode.

The update will be up later on tonight (U.S. time)...
nidge

Post by nidge »

Hi Dom,
I've played around with this skin a few times, really nice, well done :D May make it my default when the next stable XBMC4xbox is out :)
One thing that I would like to see added is support for the Xbox remote control :) Unless I'm doing something wrong :? I don't beleive it's supported in your skin?
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
Blackshadow

Post by Blackshadow »

loving this skin and the updated screenshots look sick :D
Dom DXecutioner

nidge wrote:Hi Dom,
I've played around with this skin a few times, really nice, well done :D May make it my default when the next stable XBMC4xbox is out :)
One thing that I would like to see added is support for the Xbox remote control :) Unless I'm doing something wrong :? I don't beleive it's supported in your skin?
Thanks! not sure what you mean by "support for the xbox remote control" as i use both with no issues....

In any case, the update can be found in the first post...

Added support for trainers:

feedback, bugs, suggestions are always welcomed...
Blackshadow

Post by Blackshadow »

sweet trainer support that was basicly the only feature missing that was stopping me from using this full time gonna test that out once im home

great work :D
Dom DXecutioner

Cool, thanks!
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

Wow Dom great work here! Haven't looked too deeply into the skin yet but have found some minor issues:
screenshot000.jpg
Where it states "emulators4" I assume this is referring to the last added path in the source (I am using multiple) could you change this so it refers to the name of the media source please?
screenshot001.jpg
Slight text offset on the left (effects video file mode and plugins)
screenshot002.jpg
Music "files" mode is not working, I cant select or move anything (I don't use library mode)
screenshot003.jpg
Text is slightly out when highlighting "Set Custom Wallpaper"

Thanks for all your hard work!
Dom DXecutioner

5l1p wrote:Wow Dom great work here! Haven't looked too deeply into the skin yet but have found some minor issues...
Thank you... i'm much obliged! Your feedback and willingness to assist with reporting bugs, features, suggestions will only assist me in making this better.
Where it states "emulators4" I assume this is referring to the last added path in the source (I am using multiple) could you change this so it refers to the name of the media source please?.
The label is set to use Container.FolderName, which, when using a single source path, it will display the source's name; however, after testing, i found out that, much like in your case, it will display the last source path instead; this could very be an xbmc bug or it could have been done that by default... thou quite honestly, i'm shooting more for a bug. Still, for the time being, I would recommend you place all your emulators into one single folder; technically speaking, it should be setup this way to begin with. I'm afraid that for the time being, even after testing, i don't have an immediate solution.
Slight text offset on the left (effects video file mode and plugins).
Actually, I'm very well aware of this - but thanks all the same - issue; however, i'm still to figure out the positioning of the labels based on the visible view... no worries, this is still in the back of my mind. Still, because you took the time to report it, I'll have a quick - albeit temporary - fix.
Music "files" mode is not working, I cant select or move anything (I don't use library mode).
1) I, strongly, encourage you to use library mode to take advantage of some of the other features...

2) all the same, my bad, i totally broke the hell out of this section; mostly cause i don't use file mode. This has been fixed as of today; a download will be available within the next day or so, may be sooner :)
Text is slightly out when highlighting "Set Custom Wallpaper".
This has been fixed as of yesterday... the description will now autoscroll if the text does not fit. :)
Thanks for all your hard work!
You're most welcomed! I, too, thank you likewise for taking the time to report; please, i encourage you to keep testing and reporting.

Thanks!
Kevin G.

Post by Kevin G. »

Dom,
I was just coming here to report the offset spacing on the left description. It's not a hindrance, just bothersome.
I have a quick question, where do I go to change the color (and backgrounds), as in the photos above? I had it on my earlier version, but lost it when I updated last...thanks
Dom DXecutioner

Backgrounds options are located on the right options panel; when the focus is on the main menu, press up.

The colors can be found on the bottom options panel, simply navigate down till you get to it from the main menu.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Thanks Dom!!! Going to try this out tonight on my main machine. :D
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
Dom DXecutioner

Cool, thanks! I encourage you to provide feedback when possible.
5l1p

Post by 5l1p »

You're most welcomed! I, too, thank you likewise for taking the time to report; please, i encourage you to keep testing and reporting.

Thanks!
No problem Dom, the pleasures all mine! :D
Boris

Post by Boris »

how to activate (viewID=55 | viewtype.55.thumbs.panel.xml)
here is my MyPrograms.xml https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Mnlj ... sp=sharing
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Any plans to support game covers for emulator games in a similar fashion to Wiiflow for Wii?