[CLOSED] Xbox Extended

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
blighty

Re: [WIP-Release] Xbox Extended

Post by blighty »

I believe that is shorthand or slang or whatever for never mind ;)
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

I was leaning more to the context, but thanks!
Emperor Bohe

Post by Emperor Bohe »

This looks awesome, the only thing I'm iffy about is the default font. It would look better with one that looks like the Xbox One font.
Dom DXecutioner

Thanks! It you can find one, let me know and I'll check it out.
junior.br

Post by junior.br »

hello come first thank the excellent work!
but I would have posivel Sun DXecutioner explain how to put the preview games where to put the videos?

Thank you! :D
Emperor Bohe

Post by Emperor Bohe »

is there anyway to remove the white xbox avatar guy that is always on the right of the screen? kind of distracting when he's on top of your game list
Dom DXecutioner

This will be available on the next update, which should be up soon...
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:This will be available on the next update, which should be up soon...
cant wait to see the improvements, thanks
Emperor Bohe

Post by Emperor Bohe »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:This will be available on the next update, which should be up soon...
awesome.
Dom DXecutioner

to provide a little update... during my spare time, as if i'm really busy :D, i've been making some - tho in reality, there has been many, many behind the scene - changes and adding new features to this skin...

the most noticeable:
  • you now have the option to hide the avatar that normally creeps around some views... hey, i like the damn avatar, and it will stay; at least you can now hide that punk! :lol:
  • you now have the option to remove the stage (floor); albeit, there are two new views that won't give you that option... hey, it is what it is! ;)
here a couple of screenshots with the avatar disabled with the stage visible and hidden...

POSTERS

ICONS PANEL - don't remember if this was added in the most recent release, but it's there now :D

POSTERS INFO - now i know this is new! i think! :?

and of course, the two new additions where you will NOT have the option to remove the stage... hey, get over it! you'll live! :D

XPERIENCE POSTERS + COVER-FLOW
- the XPerience Posters is used with code from Team Blackbolt XPerience's skin... i must admit, it was a bit of a bitch to decipher (at least for a non-skilled coder like me) but i was able to understand it and modify it as i saw fit! :D
- the Cover-Flow uses code from Transparency! by Ronie... this was not all that difficult to decipher... of course i had to modify it to meet my needs.

overall, credit and many thanks goes out to Team Blackbolt and Ronie, over at xbmc.org, for the foundation of code used in this views; without their work, yeah, it would have taken me forever and a day to accomplish this results!

aside from that, there has been some pretty cool work (at least in my opinion) in the games section as well...

the game disc (if present) can be made to spin (optional of course)... if one does not exists, then a default clear one (as shown) can be displayed... of course i'll be providing the default (basic) resources.

that's it for now... oh yeah, the link... well, what had happened was, NO! :D

all kidding aside, tho FAAAAAAAAR from perfect, i'll probably release an update on sunday... i'm about to return the loaner xbox i have to its owner and will be left without one

what? didn't you know? my xbox crapped out a few weeks ago... where have you been? see, you don't pay attention, why? cause you ig'nant! LOL, j/k

good thing BuZz and Bak3dPie have made the Win32_Build available... the only issue is that when i do something on PC, all works nice, but when tested on the XBox, the memory usage sucks and i have to make changes all over again... Daaamm yooouuuuy 64MB! :D

enjoy the eye candy!
byron

Post by byron »

Hey dom...did you have an issue with a diagonal line going through the non focused angled items when you were working on the cover flow from transparency? I couldn't really find a way around it and found it rather annoying...thought maybe you experienced it possibly and maybe had a work-around to share ;)
Dom DXecutioner

[WIP-Release] Xbox Extended

I know what you mean... I suspect that it has to do with the screen calibration not done "pixel-prefect", tho that's just a merely speculative.

In any case, I only saw that issue with the drop-shadow image and not the icon (poster) itself.
byron

Post by byron »

Idk what's causing it...but yea in the shadow of the reflection no one can really see it. Calibration is a good hunch I guess, I literally wasted days trying to figure it out and came up with nothing. Maybe it's the mask...or maybe it's a visibilty thing. Oh well, still a nagging mystery to me. Anyway -- your work looks good -- keep it up brother.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

@Dom DXecutioner

Nice work!!!!!!!

But pleace why we can not use my solution to access the information for a xbox game on your skin to?
I think my Solution is better than the user must not search and add the information self ,he only use my addon and this create the db.
And it is working on all Skins what have a View what can access the information without Libarymode.
Baicly i have use the methode to read the games Folder from the E:\Games,F:\Games,G:\Games first then its is better methode for me to test its the scrapping working for most games (to test i must not put the game on the xbox self i can simple create a Folder with the Name from the game and it's works).
The Program.db on xbmc4xbox self is not helpful then the given gameid is not usable to search over Inet the information for the Game .
Yes the Version from my GameLauncher addon what i have posted is not perfect then it use not the best scrapper (the scrapper holding only the infomation for over 480 Xbox games but i have a new Version on my Xbox what parse the Information over mobygames and this Holding information for over 980 Xbox Games.

So pleace add a PosterWrap View to for your skin that the user can access the same information from my addon on your skin to.

Regards jan
Dom DXecutioner

skatulskijean wrote:@Dom DXecutioner
Nice work!!!!!!!
thanks!
... why we can not use my solution to access the information for a xbox game on your skin to?
Regards jan
because it's not what i'd like to do... your addon is great and can be used with any skin; good work!
So pleace add a PosterWrap View to for your skin that the user can access the same information from my addon on your skin to.
Regards jan
When you, properly, list the data that's being exposed in your addon (ie, ListItem.foo, ListItem.Property(foo), etc...), i might look into it; i have no intention in going thru your code to figure it out myself.
xman

Post by xman »

Well I had a bit of a drive around this skin today after speaking to Dom on TeamSpeak about it and I must admit, it wasn't a skin I would have tried in the past because I was under the impression this skin was more of a "gamer" skin rather than one suitable as a media player skin. Well, I was wrong. This skin is absolutely amazing at the "new shit" he has managed to get it to do. Just bear in mind, he did give me a "heads up" on what to look out for in the way of these features so it may take a bit to just stumble upon them for the normal 1st time user but you will find them. He pleaded for feed back and the intention is to make this an Xbox unique skin so let's help out guys and see how far we can take this one. We have a very talented skinner here and they are getting rare these days. I have personally left Dom with a shitload of ideas I'd like to see and when I have more time, in a week or so, I will print these requests here so as to let you all see what and how far Dom wants to take this skin but until then I hope you guys can really get on board with this one in my absence and after it as well of coarse. :D It is the "customization" of this skin that I like most so you really need to open shit up and have a look at the options and these available options will grow as the skin develops. Just in case some of you are not aware, all that is required to check out the skin is to make sure you have a good, late version of XBMC, copy your copy of the skin to your P.C.. Unrar it on the P.C. and get that across into your Xbox's XBMC skins folder. You can get that across to your Xbox by FTPing if your machine is net linked or if not you can use a DVD to get it on the machine. To do this you simply burn the unrared skin onto a virgin DVD, pull the DVD out of your P.C. and put that disc in your Xbox's DVDplayer, go into XBMC's filemanager and copy the D Drive to the location your XBMC folder is which is usually your C, E or F drive and then maybe you may have an "Apps" folder, some do some don't use apps. When you find the folder "XBMC", open it, look through till you find a folder called "skins", open that folder and you should see PMIIIHD, Confluence lite etc. If this is what you have, that is the spot you want to add the "New" skin. Let the machine copy from the D Drive and your done. Now exit back out, go to "Appearance" select skin and change from your normal skin to this skin and your ready to test. I think I got all this right,. It's been heaps since I used this approach to get new shit on Xbox's, sorry. If anything here is incorrect please change it aye. :lol: Anyway, good testing and if you have issues, let Dom know. The whole idea is to get this skin running perfect so anything less is an error that needs to be fixed. Enjoy.
nayparm

Post by nayparm »

Excellent xman,

FYI.
I offered to donate a 128mb motherboard to DOM to help testing his skin for 720p, in the meantime his xbox has died completely so I'm just in the process of sorting something out. Only prob is i'm in the UK and Dom is in the US so hopefully his box isn't a 1.6 so he can still use his PSU. Just waiting on feedback on his mobo version.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Team Blackbolt :twisted: - I coded Xperience (all of it) Huff! Huff! Huff! :lol:
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Dom DXecutioner

Oh! My bad! I didn't know; now I do... In that case, thanks to Rocky5 for the code'

There, happy!? LOL :)
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

Not trying to rush you or anything. Just wondering if you have an ETA on the next update for this skin. I love it (as you already know) and the two things that bug me is the music not being playable and the lack of a file explorer to play games.

EDIT: Also, is there a way to remove the text at the bottom that gives info on everything you are clicking on/viewing?