[CLOSED] Xbox Extended

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Dom DXecutioner

Re: [WIP-Release] Xbox Extended

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

captainsensation wrote:Not trying to rush you or anything. Just wondering if you have an ETA on the next update for this skin. I love it (as you already know)
Thanks! The ETA was this past Sunday but I made new changes that kinda broke things; i change many control id's; changed labels around, added new features... i hope to release it this weekend but since now I'm only working with the Win32 Build, it's hard to say...
captainsensation wrote:...things that bug me is the music not being playable...
Not sure why, but I was able to play music just fine....
captainsensation wrote:...things that bug me is... and the lack of a file explorer to play games.
You should still be able to play games using the programs view...
captainsensation wrote:EDIT: Also, is there a way to remove the text at the bottom that gives info on everything you are clicking on/viewing?
Yes, but not without going into the code... this will be gone in the next update... my bad! :shock:
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

for some reason when i click on music i can hear the first second or so play and then the xbox freezes up. I have to manually restart. Im looking forward to this weekend to see what you have going. Is there a way i can send you a log to see whats going on with the music?
Dom DXecutioner

upload your debug log to either pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com and post the link with the issue... thanks for asking! :D
captainsensation

so music will play when i select a song from music files, but on the main screen when i select music it crashes, that appears to be a bug. Sorry for any confusion, i am used to confluence lite where you can select stuff from the main screen and forgot that this may be something you didnt finish at the time of uploading the skin.
Dom DXecutioner

That's fixed!
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:
skatulskijean wrote:@Dom DXecutioner
Nice work!!!!!!!
thanks!
... why we can not use my solution to access the information for a xbox game on your skin to?
Regards jan
because it's not what i'd like to do... your addon is great and can be used with any skin; good work!
So pleace add a PosterWrap View to for your skin that the user can access the same information from my addon on your skin to.
Regards jan
When you, properly, list the data that's being exposed in your addon (ie, ListItem.foo, ListItem.Property(foo), etc...), i might look into it; i have no intention in going thru your code to figure it out myself.

You make my addon usable on your skin you want nothing more as adding a existing Poster-view what can access the information like Titel and description without
accessing the Libary to the ProgrammView .xml or whatever you use on your skin to make this view visible on the ProgramViews to.
The addon do the rest .

Regards Jan

and Thanks for your nice work
senna99

Post by senna99 »

Hello Dom DXecutioner
They're in your scripts xbox.gamertag.py is it possible to get bigger image for LastPlayed Title for now is 32x32 pixels
but I checked on xbox live there is a size quite bigger.

Best Regards
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

holy ffffffff

my son is going to crap, im going to install this without him knowing, going to confuse the bajesus out of him. just amazing.

you see people doing amazing things like backflips on motorcross bikes, profiling strangers in seconds, or making magic, this is one of those times.

youre taking this technology and rubbing it in the faces of xboxone and 360 developers. youre a backflip profiling magician.
captainsensation

any progress on this? i was hoping to get a new version with some bug fixes soon. Thanks
Dom DXecutioner

yes and no... since i've been without an xbox, i've made some changes whilst using the win32 version; i've made various changes but broke some stuff along the way; still, i bought one on friday and just had the opportunity to soft mod it today. i'll be doing some testing this week - hopefully - and will release an update soon.
Nolan

Post by Nolan »

This theme is really sick, thank you
Xbox Original YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/MS4XBox

Daily Xbox Original Videos!
Kevin G.

Post by Kevin G. »

Dom,

Is this fairly light in the resources department?
I love the work you have done to make it match the Xbox One...

I would also like to know how it is coming along, and if it is as stable as it will ever be?
Dom DXecutioner

@kevin,

whilst responding, i inavertently edited your post as my response; wasn't paying attention I guess... still, i tried putting it back how it was, exept for one sentense i can't remember; my apologies.

only one way to find out my friend... try it and see for yourself, then let us know.
thanks! tho not really trying to match Xbox One... more like a hybrid of NXE and One
I would also like to know how it is coming along, and if it is as stable as it will ever be?
it's coming along... regarding stability, changes are occurring, perhaps not as fast as i would like it but it is improving nonethles.

there's an update to the skin in the original post... many changes to go thru; keep in mind that you will see some views out of place and various bugs that i'm aware of; however, i either don't release the update or release something with a warning.
Kevin G.

Post by Kevin G. »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:@kevin,

whilst responding, i inavertently edited your post as my response; wasn't paying attention I guess... still, i tried putting it back how it was, exept for one sentense i can't remember; my apologies.

only one way to find out my friend... try it and see for yourself, then let us know.
thanks! tho not really trying to match Xbox One... more like a hybrid of NXE and One
it's coming along... regarding stability, changes are occurring, perhaps not as fast as i would like it but it is improving nonethles.

there's an update to the skin in the original post... many changes to go thru; keep in mind that you will see some views out of place and various bugs that i'm aware of; however, i either don't release the update or release something with a warning.
Dom,
Thanks for the response, I would like to test it out.
I hope it is as nice as it looks. Thanks again for all your support!
deebo_here

Post by deebo_here »

I just want to say great skin, i see you posted an update of the skin, I think the link you gave is broken.
Dom DXecutioner

Thanks! I'll check on the link when I get home...
Kevin G.

Post by Kevin G. »

deebo_here wrote:I just want to say great skin, i see you posted an update of the skin, I think the link you gave is broken.
I was able to download it fine...there were a couple misleading linked sites, however. As with all today's internet practices, read carefully.
I have messed with it a bit, and it seems to have a couple broken items, but overall, I really like the skin. It does not play well with some of my plugins ATM, hopefully this will be resolved at a future date.
Thanks again Dom.
Dom DXecutioner

I don't use plugins myself, I'm going to need more details from you if anything is to be fixed, i.e., plugin name and the issue that's being experienced; in fact, screenshot would work wonders.
tim619

Post by tim619 »

@Dom
Can you pls update the link? None of them are working (for me)... Maybe zippyshare or mega :)
Dom DXecutioner

the link has been updated...

if you have a previous build, you may need to delete your guisettings.xml file for this to work properly; why? honestly, i don't know.