Really impressive Skin on an old xBox ... i really love it :D
Thanks a lot
Boris

Re: [WIP-Release] Xbox Extended

Post by Boris »

Boris wrote:
I'd like to change some icons and pictures. (Unzip the files) Textures.xpr
Dom DXecutioner
I'll upload the uncompressed folder at a later time... give me a couple of weeks!
2 weeks have passed (thanks in advance)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

I been using this skkin waiting on new release
blaqf00t

Post by blaqf00t »

Hi Dom,

Firstly, really enjoying the theme (Thank you!). I have a question and an issue to report to you.

Question: How do I set a thumb for the main page for the games section (Circled in green)

and

Issue: I'm unable to set a shortcut on any of the sections (games, apps, etc); When go to select a program the menu selection (doesn't highlight what section I'm on and when I select a program/app) it doesn't appear on the main screen.
(refer to selection.jpg)

I'm using xbmc4xbox 3.5 RC2 if that makes any difference.

If there's any way I can be a tester for your theme please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
selection.jpg
query.png
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

darknior wrote:Really impressive Skin on an old xBox ... i really love it :D
Thanks a lot
Thanks! Doesn't really tell me much in terms of usage, features, etc., but thanks nonetheless...
Boris wrote:2 weeks have passed (thanks in advance)
And many more may come to past; reason: i'm still changing icons and their respective names and paths, by the time the next update comes out, there "will" be changes, which will not work with you "changes." Wait until the "BETA" release and the all the images names and paths should be permanent.
blaqf00t wrote:Firstly, really enjoying the theme (Thank you!).
Thanks!
blaqf00t wrote:Question: How do I set a thumb for the main page for the games section (Circled in green)
Please read the first post; the short answer: you must have a "thumb.jpg" image in the "_resources/artwork/" folder of the root of each game.
blaqf00t wrote:Issue: I'm unable to set a shortcut on any of the sections (games, apps, etc); When go to select a program the menu selection (doesn't highlight what section I'm on and when I select a program/app) it doesn't appear on the main screen.
(refer to selection.jpg)
Fixed, hopefully, in the newest update, found in the first post...
blaqf00t wrote:If there's any way I can be a tester for your theme please let me know.
you can... just report back here as you test the skin; give me feedback and, 9 out of 10, the changes will be considered and committed, as appropriate :)

Thanks all!
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

@ Dom DXEcutioner

Your skin is nice .
I have not test the last update but i think it's momently a must have see Skin on the old Xbox.
On Totalxbmc we setting up a New Skin repo and i hope this is ok , when we this not complete skin adding to it.
The skins since than installable over the TotalxbmcInstaller (Test Version is out but for this momently without skin support)
But the next Version from me have Skinsupport.
I reading the Skin.xml to accesing the information from the skin like name and Version i think we adding the ability to set a Youtube Link on skin.xml to.
For addons we have this Solution.

So thanks for Your nice skin.

Regards Jan
blaqf00t

Post by blaqf00t »

Hi Dom,

Just tested the new skin update (did a clean install removed xbmc completely all the old save data, everything!) and worked flawlessly.

I noticed you changed the poster and thumb dimensions and included a white inner background to the posters; a very cheeky request but could you ever so slightly shrink the size of the white inner background to the poster so there's a bit more poster and less white background (or if not that increase the size of the poster dimensions).

I've also tested the setting of shortcuts to the main page and this is working correctly as well so thank you very much for correcting this.

The only issue I was having was setting my own avatar picture, I will revert to the standard skin that comes with XBMC and see if I can do there then revert back to the new skin.

Thank you Dom, I'll keep you posted.
Jonster

Post by Jonster »

I'm using the latest xbmc4xbox with the latest version of the skin. I'm not able to set a shortcut on the homescreen. When I'm trying to add a shortcut the folders are empty. When I for example go into programs and to the added source I see the shortcut and can execute it, so it works fine. Do anyone know what the problem might be? I created the shortcut in this manner;
<shortcut>
<path>f:\emulators\Zsnexbox\default.xbe</path>
<label>Super Mario World</label>
<thumb>f:\emulator icons\mario.png</thumb>
<custom>
<game>f:\emulators\Zsnexbox\roms\Super Mario World.zip</game>
</custom>
</shortcut>

Thanks in advance!
Dom DXecutioner

!

@blaqf00t
I'm don't think I'll be modifying the posters view; however, I might - emphasis on might - add an alternate posters view with bigger posters....

@Jonster
Whilst your shortcut is properly setup, the shortcut script does not support shortcuts but rather addons; though I doubt I'll support shortcuts for now, I'll definitely consider it.

Regarding the picture, yeah, I kinda neglected that part... my bad! I'll fixed that, eventually :)

Now, the skin - much like the xbox 360 - has a global (available everywhere in xbmc) "guide" that can be accessed by clicking the right trigger or pressing the number "0" on the dvd control (assuming you download and replace the remote.xml); however, I really don't know what can be put into this section, so, if you have any ideas / suggestions, please do let me know.

@BuZz
Quit lurking without commenting... give some constructive criticism for a change! I see you, Mr. I'm taking a break but I'll work on other projects! LOL :)

That goes for you too Xphazer!
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

EDITED: Quote Removed

nvalid or Deleted File.
The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.
Dom DXecutioner

@scroeffie,

for future reference, please don't quote large portions of a post, it's not necessary and it's annoying - you could have just written that the file isn't available... i removed the quoted text!

with regards to the skin download; i did remove the file as i was going to upload an update but decided against it... the link will be up when it's ready.

thanks!
blaqf00t

Post by blaqf00t »

Hi Dom,

I wanted to highlight some things to you.

Highlighted Green - Are you able to add in the space between the last letter and the pipe?
Highlighted Red - Are you able to remove these please?
[Screenshot 1]

Also, how can I add game shortcuts to front panel? - I've added games as a favourite but there's no way for me get them added to the panels (any advise would be much appreciated).
[Screenshot 2]

Thank you

Still enjoying the skin! :D
Attachments
screenshot002.jpg
screenshot001.jpg
gardnerd4me

Post by gardnerd4me »

Great work Dom, can't wait to try it out. Still have to update to 3.5 first though. :oops: I was checking out your Xbmc Guide and tried to come up with something helpful, we'll see how that works. I thought, why not stick with what you have, but just split it up more. I mean theres not a whole lot you can add to it, since the online features are non existent anymore.

Tab 1: Games and Apps
Tab 2: Movies and TV Shows
Tab 3: Music
Tab 4: Pictures
Tab 5: System Info (with Settings link)

I also would rather see the white or black buttons used for bringing up the guide, but that may conflict with other functions, i.e. context menus. Anyway, looks great. Best skin i think i've seen on the Xbox. Keep up the great work, us lurkers dig it. :D
flashfv

Post by flashfv »

So how exactly do we download this theme? Sorry if it's a noob question but I don't see a download link...
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

hei, where is the download link?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
Dom DXecutioner

I removed it to upload an update but hasn't happen as of yet; will do it in the next couple of weeks.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

i have an upgraded 1ghz/128mb board to test 72 0p with now.

additionally, I am interested in testing your skin with emulator and xbox games 'xtras'. i realize this stuff is likely to change or maybe not planned to ever happen, but any clear info you can provide on how i should organize my files will be most helpful.

here is what I have on the Xbox :
- xbox games, covers, 3d covers, wide icons and preview videos (still have to convert them to wmv for use in xbmc though), synopsis access over at emuxtras
- all most popular emus (n64, madmab, mame, fbl, CoinOPS and related), xtras from bigby's site, n64 videos for surreal, emuxtras synopsis system access

i haven't been able to figure out how to get a dump of any synopsis data yet. I've tried to get n64 stuff but could only manage to get text files with game descriptions. i really like this project and it sets up a consistent file organization similar to how you explained to setup Xbox game 'xtras' in the original post.

i am technical so I can work through snafus and test comfortably.

while we await the next release, can you provide some advice on the best approach to incorporating as much of this as possible with your skin? I want to have a collection of .cut files to my rom favorites as well, but I don't think there's any way to show xtras for rom shortcut files. if that or any other features are included /planned/considered for future, id like to know what file structure to set up in advance. i don't mimd if it changes either!

i am currently working with rapier-clarity-mod. one of my next test subjects will be the rom collection browser that byron has been including with recent releases.

dom, your releases are always worth the wait. I'll stand-by for your reply.

thanks
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

fxmech wrote:(still have to convert them to wmv for use in xbmc though)
Why? XBMC 3.5 plays XMV files.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
ModdingBird

Post by ModdingBird »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:I removed it to upload an update but hasn't happen as of yet; will do it in the next couple of weeks.
I registered just so I could reply to this and tell you that this is Amazing and I cant wait to get a DL link, keep up the good work man, :D

Thanks
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

Oh gosh Dom, pls put a link soon. I came back here just for this skin and i see its evolved even more, but not even a link to old versions, if for some reason you cant link it again all your work is lost forever. that would be a terrible thing.