Updating PM3HD

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
LudviG

Updating PM3HD

Post by LudviG »

Is there anyone out there that would like to make this skin better? There are some stuff i would like to change to this, since it is the skin i am using. Not allowed to change either (The misses). But i have no clue on how to develop skins, but would love if anyone else with the skills had the time and wanted to do this.

Some times i feel like i am the only one that uses this skin......
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Updating PM3HD

Post by BuZz »

there are so few devs on this project, that the best course might be to have a go looking at the skin data, and any online documentation and other skins, and have a go. unfortunately, this project does lack devs, although I truly believe a user to a dev, is just a matter of some time commitment and patience :)
Adult Swimmer

Post by Adult Swimmer »

What would you like to change?
Always root for the team of the guy who supplied the keg!!!!!
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

There are several things, had a list on the old forum....

But from top of my head:

Fanart in librarymode is cut/faded too much
Fading on headers in librarymode is faded too much on the left side
TV-Shows and movies on the homepage
Games on the homepage

There is probably more, but have to sit down and look. Many other skins believe have good ideas, but i am not allowed to change the skin for the misses :P And she is the boss after all :P
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

BuZz wrote:there are so few devs on this project, that the best course might be to have a go looking at the skin data, and any online documentation and other skins, and have a go. unfortunately, this project does lack devs, although I truly believe a user to a dev, is just a matter of some time commitment and patience :)
I wanna learn a bit myself, but i will need the time. ATM i just bought a house and have more then enough with that, bit i will try to learn a bit about skinning when things calm down :)
xman

Post by xman »

It's the skin I use most and could do with mainly loosing some of the background shading like in the frontpage so the background image is full page. Frontpage could also do with more adjustments to bring it in line with the other modern skins. Sub menu pages are too bland and the fonts in filemanager are too small. Shutdown page could do with loosing half the icons such as hibernate. These are a few of my recommendations for the PMIIIHd skin.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

xman wrote:It's the skin I use most and could do with mainly loosing some of the background shading like in the frontpage so the background image is full page. Frontpage could also do with more adjustments to bring it in line with the other modern skins. Sub menu pages are too bland and the fonts in filemanager are too small. Shutdown page could do with loosing half the icons such as hibernate. These are a few of my recommendations for the PMIIIHd skin.
Good to hear that there is not just me using this skin :)

I agree with the things u wrote, and also the fanart and banners in librarymode is faded too much and fanart is cut down in size. A general makeover to make it look a bit more modern would be great.
skatulskijean

Post by skatulskijean »

on the old xbmc4xbox thread was a more modern version from the skin i think i have it on my Pc i look and give the link!
I have found a Project Mythem update to what give same views what have momently the default PM3HD on the current xbmc4xbox build with a nice Theme what make it looks more modern as the current look !
I add the option for the search script and give a download link here!