[Skin] Transparency (x4x)

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
westcoastdpg

Re: [Skin] Transparency (x4x)

Post by westcoastdpg »

One more question I can't get Movies, or TV shows to show up on my home screen. I have enabled them in skin settings>menu but I can't see them. Everything else shows up fine. Thanks :D
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

You have scanned media to your Movie/TV libraries? The sections remain hidden until you have scanned your media sources.
byron

Post by byron »

westcoastdpg wrote:Thanks byron I got it downloaded through svn and can confirm from my end that everything I was talking about is fixed. This is a really professional looking skin and thanks again for the help.
No worries, glad it's fixed...this was something that I figured out while working on R-C-M and it was something that someone else had asked about a while ago on this thread. At any rate, the fix was from CustomSkinSettings.xml:

Code: Select all

<onclick></onclick> ===> <onclick>-</onclick>
for all of the items in that file in case anyone else runs into this problem while editing skin files. Thanks for the kind words - I did what I could with this skin - and credit for the creation of transparency! all goes to ronie. Granted I made tons of changes (code, textrues, background res, etc.) while backporting it, but I altered as little as possible to make it work on our platform.

BTW...you'll definitely need to scan items into the library before those menu items can be visible, but I can assure you they will show up once you do that. OP has been updated, and if anyone using this skin needs any further help just keep me posted...
westcoastdpg

Post by westcoastdpg »

Ok cool i havent scanned yet. Im a little weird and picky i like to customize pretty heavily. A couple more questions.......when u click settings on the home screen and there is the 3x4 grid with recrangular icons for each (videos, tv, music, pictures, etc) is there any way to change those icons?

I tried manually overwriting the files in the backgrounds folder and when u click on each item and it zooms in it will show the new pic. But the actual icons themselves on the 3X4 grid dont change. Is there anyway to do this?

Then under settings menu I have 2 issues. When i choose videos then sub menu and disable files, video plugins, and library they still show up on the home screen sub menu.

Also under videos then submenu i enabled folder 1 and 2 and i want those to be my movies and tv folder i changed source name and button label but when i click on them from the home screen submenu it doesnt take me to those folders just a blank file list. I dont think im doing that right.
byron

Post by byron »

westcoastdpg wrote:....when u click settings on the home screen and there is the 3x4 grid with recrangular icons for each (videos, tv, music, pictures, etc) is there any way to change those icons?
There are a couple of options you could try...neither of which are really easy if you're not familiar with coding and such (not too difficult though since I'll help if you need it). Having said that...

Option 1
I would start with N++ and open Settings.xml from there. On lines

394, 450, 508, 562, 616, 670, 724, 778, 832, 886, 942, 998
are the line numbers for the images you're talking about...what you were describing above won't work since the actual images you see on screen are compressed into textures.xpr and the only way you can change them (this is option 2) would be to extract the textures, change them, and recompress. Instead of doing that you can simply create a new folder with all of the images that you would like in it (preferably keeping the image names the same), and then place it into

transparency (x4x)/wherever your folder is going to go...
via ftp. At that point you'll have to edit Settings.xml to point the program to that folder in this manner:

<texture diffuse="settings-button-diffuse.png">special://skin/location of your folder/settings-systeminfo.jpg</texture>
Obviously this would be the system info image, and then just repeat this example for the remaining images. Sounds like a lot to do, but that's how it works...not too difficult once you get the hang of it, and if you want to change them that's pretty much what you're going to need to do. Keep in mind that you should also keep resolutions below ridiculous levels because these images aren't that big to begin with and the bigger you make them the more resources they'll use.
Then under settings menu I have 2 issues. When i choose videos then sub menu and disable files, video plugins, and library they still show up on the home screen sub menu.
Fixed, thanks for letting me know...You can grab the changes from SVN if you like.
Also under videos then submenu i enabled folder 1 and 2 and i want those to be my movies and tv folder i changed source name and button label but when i click on them from the home screen submenu it doesnt take me to those folders just a blank file list. I dont think im doing that right.
I honestly have no idea what this option is even for...it does the same thing on mainline frodo also (my guess is that it needs a manual string entry to work but I don't want to mess with that right now). If what you're after is a submenu item that links to a folder you have (such as a source with TVShows in it), you can add the source to your favourites via the context menu (white button on gamepad), and then add the favourite to the submenu via skin settings as a work around. Hope this helps ;)
westcoastdpg

Post by westcoastdpg »

Thanks. I got the newest release and used the favorites method you described. With determination I could probably change those 3x4 icons but in the end it is probably more work than I can handle right now. Thanks for explaining it though maybe I'll give it a try in the future.
Oldxboxusa

Post by Oldxboxusa »

byron does this skin work on xbmc4xbox 3.5 final?
byron

Post by byron »

It should.
eGO-X

Post by eGO-X »

WOW! Awesome!
Perfect skin!!!

I'm from germany and a newbie with my Xbox.
This skin "Transparency (x4x)" is what I've searched and found here in this forum. It worked on my XBMC4Xbox 3.5.1.

THX!
Best wishes from germany :P
Angy

• +-+[ MR-EGO ]+-+
    I'm not as other me
    would like to have!!!
    NO! I'm much worse!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
[/size]
byron

Post by byron »

Sure, glad you like it...if you happen to come across something that isn't working please let me know and I'll try to get it working properly asap.
eGO-X

Post by eGO-X »

Oooooh well, thank you!!!
:)

One thing I miss:
harddrive info in the systemsettings!?!

I have on the screen for systemsettings a blank button.
The other buttons I can see and they have function.

I compare with other skins. They show me hardware-info.

Can you help, please?
Angy

• +-+[ MR-EGO ]+-+
    I'm not as other me
    would like to have!!!
    NO! I'm much worse!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
[/size]
eGO-X

OK - [Skin] Transparency (x4x)

Post by eGO-X »

....in the meantime, I have a small section in the file "SettingsSystemInfo.xml" under "XBMC Build Version" and "Skin Version" added, to read the MPlayer-Version in the systeminformation.

<control type="label" id="53">
                                        <description>Mplayer DLL Version</description>
                                        <posx>0</posx>
                                        <posy>380</posy>
                                        <width>880</width>
                                        <label>144</label>
                                        <textcolor>blue</textcolor>
                                        <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
                                        <font>font-20</font>
                                        <visible>System.Platform.Xbox</visible>
                                </control>
Source: \XBMC\skin\Transparency (x4x)\720p\SettingsSystemInfo.xml

8-) :idea:
Since I now entrusted me with the file "SettingsSystemInfo.xml" , I found out that the following designations my desired information brought to the screen.
for Disk Info:
<control type = "button" id = "92">
<label> 13275 </ label>

for DVD information:
<control type = "button" id = "93">
<label> 13276 </ label>

So I have my problem solved itself. :P

Here the section is to insert:
OLD:

<control type="button" id="94">
                                        <description>Button Storage</description>
                                        <!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(NewButtonCommonValues)---------------------->
                                        <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HateTransparency) + !Skin.HasSetting(WideSideMenuButtons)" file="Includes.xml">SlimSideLikeTransparency</include>
                                        <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HateTransparency) + Skin.HasSetting(WideSideMenuButtons)" file="Includes.xml">WideSideLikeTransparency</include>
                                        <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HateTransparency) + !Skin.HasSetting(WideSideMenuButtons)" file="Includes.xml">SlimSideHateTransparency</include>
                                        <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HateTransparency) + Skin.HasSetting(WideSideMenuButtons)" file="Includes.xml">WideSideHateTransparency</include>
                                        <!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(NewButtonCommonValues)---------------------->
                                        <label>13277</label>
                                        <onback>SetFocus(5999)</onback>
                                </control>

NEW:

<control type="button" id="94">
                                        <description>Button Storage</description>
                                        <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HateTransparency) + !Skin.HasSetting(WideSideMenuButtons)" file="Includes.xml">SlimSideLikeTransparency</include>
                                        <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(HateTransparency) + Skin.HasSetting(WideSideMenuButtons)" file="Includes.xml">WideSideLikeTransparency</include>
                                        <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HateTransparency) + !Skin.HasSetting(WideSideMenuButtons)" file="Includes.xml">SlimSideHateTransparency</include>
                                        <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(HateTransparency) + Skin.HasSetting(WideSideMenuButtons)" file="Includes.xml">WideSideHateTransparency</include>
                                        <label>13277</label>
                                </control>
                                <control type="button" id="92">
                                        <description>Button HDD</description>
                                        <label>13275</label>
                                </control>
                                <control type="button" id="96">
                                        <description>Button Network</description>
                                        <label>13279</label>
                                </control>
Angy

• +-+[ MR-EGO ]+-+
    I'm not as other me
    would like to have!!!
    NO! I'm much worse!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
[/size]
byron

Post by byron »

All fixed up now, thanks for taking the time to do some work on your own and apologies for taking a while to address this (life has been busy). It made making the necessary changes much easier for me and I really appreciate that. As a token of my gratitude I added your MPlayer stat into the skin:
settings_sys_info_fix.jpg
Added the fix to the OP for download...and I'm still not certain exactly how to update a cloned git folder. In SVN all you had to do was "update to latest revision," not sure what the equivilant is for GIT. Anyway, should be good :)
eGO-X

Post by eGO-X »

Hello and thank you for the honorable feedback and thanks for the update.
:P
Angy

• +-+[ MR-EGO ]+-+
    I'm not as other me
    would like to have!!!
    NO! I'm much worse!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
[/size]
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

Very nice....Good work !! looks great.....!!

BUT be careful......as when i was changing backgrounds to personalize the looks i had a ERROR after reboot...."XBMC Fatal error......unable to find a valid skin version 2.1 or greater .....trying to start network DCHP...."

Im guessing it was trying to load in the Transparency (x4x) skin still......there is no Debug log as Debugging was not turned on....?

So out came my Hexen disk.....loeded that in...went to File manager to check the directory tree...all seemed there and ok....reboot and got the same error....loed the file manager in again and clicked on the backup xbmc draw in apps/xbmcOLD/default.xbe......xbmc loded with no problem....so while in there i used the file manager to delete the Transparency (x4x) folder....and recopied the older skins from the xbmcOLD/skins/ draw...now all works ok.....!!
eGO-X

Post by eGO-X »

sealeysonic wrote: BUT be careful......as when i was changing backgrounds to personalize the looks i had a ERROR after reboot...."XBMC Fatal error......unable to find a valid skin version 2.1 or greater .....trying to start network DCHP...."
Same problem I had have yesterday, but ONLY AFTER I tried my new AV Component Cable (1080i) and I had made changes to the systemhardwaresettings.

I also use my own backgrounds - require seemingly much RAM !?

In my logs were several memory errors!

The only solution for me:
- clamped standard cables
- XBMC rename XBMC_crashed (via Boot CD)
- rename XBMC_old in XBMC

"Transparency (4x4)" was working again.
In order to save memory, I used "ToDDS"

ToDDS:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... f=14&t=993

Tips for 1080i:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... 737#p31737
Last edited by eGO-X on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angy

• +-+[ MR-EGO ]+-+
    I'm not as other me
    would like to have!!!
    NO! I'm much worse!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
[/size]
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

It is encouraged to use 720p ( I use 480p myself; true, 720p may look better, but when memory is precious, i can deal with 480p for a significant boost ) and disable 1080i to save on ram... Remember, the xbox only has 64MB of ram, and - in my opinion - it's an overkill to use 1080i... This is specially true when using backgrounds and play h264 content.
eGO-X

Post by eGO-X »

Oh yes, I can confirm that.
After deactivation (1080i) movies run again without any problems.

However, the XBMC interface certainly also works with the setting to 1080i.
Angy

• +-+[ MR-EGO ]+-+
    I'm not as other me
    would like to have!!!
    NO! I'm much worse!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
[/size]
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

ahh......yeh i changed from 720p to 1080p to see how well the skin looked/ran.....!! still a very nice skin.
byron

Post by byron »

sealeysonic wrote:Very nice....Good work !! looks great.....!!

BUT be careful......as when i was changing backgrounds to personalize the looks i had a ERROR after reboot...."XBMC Fatal error......unable to find a valid skin version 2.1 or greater .....trying to start network DCHP...."

Im guessing it was trying to load in the Transparency (x4x) skin still......there is no Debug log as Debugging was not turned on....?

So out came my Hexen disk.....loeded that in...went to File manager to check the directory tree...all seemed there and ok....reboot and got the same error....loed the file manager in again and clicked on the backup xbmc draw in apps/xbmcOLD/default.xbe......xbmc loded with no problem....so while in there i used the file manager to delete the Transparency (x4x) folder....and recopied the older skins from the xbmcOLD/skins/ draw...now all works ok.....!!
I'm sorry this happened, but after reading that you were possibly running things in 1080 then I don't think it's a skin issue (obviously could be wrong here and will help if I can)...I'm happy that the work I did to port this is getting enjoyment out of other people...that's mostly the point of why I did it. However, if you read the OP you will clearly see that this isn't necessarily a "lite" skin and when I did my work I was using ToDDS and I was also running xbmc4xbox in 480p. Anyhthing outside of those parameters might not yield very pleasing results :(
eGO-X wrote:
sealeysonic wrote: BUT be careful......as when i was changing backgrounds to personalize the looks i had a ERROR after reboot...."XBMC Fatal error......unable to find a valid skin version 2.1 or greater .....trying to start network DCHP...."
Same problem I had have yesterday, but ONLY AFTER I tried my new AV Component Cable (1080i) and I had made changes to the systemhardwaresettings.

I also use my own backgrounds - require seemingly much RAM !?

In my logs were several memory errors!

The only solution for me:
- clamped standard cables
- XBMC rename XBMC_crashed (via Boot CD)
- rename XBMC_old in XBMC

"Transparency (4x4)" was working again.
In order to save memory, I used "ToDDS"

ToDDS:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... dds#p25223

Tips for 1080i:
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... 737#p31737
The link you are using for ToDDS is not the right link (if you are trying to show how to use ToDDs). The link you used is describing how ToDDS works, but only for VideoLibrary (and not MusicLibrary, or pictures or games). I've contacted the original developer of the program and hopefully will move forward with this at some point...the link for the turorial on using ToDDS is here:

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... f=14&t=993

Please keep me posted (and post debug logs) if I can help further...