PMIII.HD: Need help adding view settings

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
LSDArcade

PMIII.HD: Need help adding view settings

Post by LSDArcade »

I recently figured out how to add Big Icons 2 view to Pictures and Programs in Project Mayhem III by changing the MyPrograms.xml and MyPics.xml but I am finding it more difficult to add view settings in PM3.HD. I wand to add Cover flow view to both Programs and Pictures. This view setting would look great with Xbox Game covers and Comic Books. Could someone please direct me? I've been tweaking for hours with no success. :(
byron

Re: PMIII.HD: Need help adding view settings

Post by byron »

Hey, here ya go...

MyPrograms.xml (add to the rest of the views and do the same for MyPictures.xml):

Code: Select all

<include>MovieDVDView</include>
and in ViewsVideoLibrary.xml ("MovieDVDView") you have to make it visible while in the programs/pictures window with:

Code: Select all

<visible>Container.Content(Movies) | Window.IsVisible(VideoFiles) | Window.IsVisible(programs) | Window.IsVisible(pictures)</visible>
Conditional Visibility will make you pull your hair out...also if you want the name of the view to be different than "DVD thumbs" I'm pretty sure you're going to need to make two different lists with two different </viewtype> labels (one for the name you want in programs and one for the name you want in pictures each with their own respective visibilty fulfillment) or change the label to one that fits all three like "cover flow." anyway, enjoy ;)
LSDArcade

Post by LSDArcade »

Thanks byron! That did it! :D I was actually wanting "cover flow" view but it was easy to figure out thanks to your instructions. I just inserted that second line into Views3dCoverView.xml instead of ViewsVideoLibrary.xml and then compared the difference between MyVideo.xml and MyPics.xml to get it right.

Well I'm stoked. I want to mod more now. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon. :)

Thanks again.
LSDArcade

Post by LSDArcade »

My desired results:
Programs
Programs
Pictures
Pictures
byron

Post by byron »

No worries, I know you were looking for cover flow but I didn't see it at first glance so I went with the DVD thumbs...sorry. Glad you figured it out :)
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Oh, the birth of a skinner, always brings little tears of joy! like a baby deer surviving their first harsh winter :-)
xman

Post by xman »

Dan Dar3 wrote:Oh, the birth of a skinner, always brings little tears of joy! like a baby deer surviving their first harsh winter :-)
Oww a "baby deer" working on PMIIIHD, my skin of choice. That's one deer I won't be shooting. I also love cover flow views, my choice as well. Would love to see the grey areas disappear from the skin but anything is better than as it is now.