PM3 HD MOD

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
r32crazy01

PM3 HD MOD

Post by r32crazy01 »

Project Mayhem III HD Skin Mod

Info:

I have made a few small changes and improvements (IMO) to the PM3.HD skin to suit my needs, basically I have merged the things I liked about the original Xbox Project Mayhem III skin into the PM3.HD version.

Things in the new HD skin that have no functionality on the Xbox i.e. Exit BMC, Hibernate, etc have been removed as they annoyed me. There are also a few small things taken from the updated XBMC skin.

Some icons from the old version are used as I prefer them, I have resized them but no noticeable pixelation. I don't use the scripts menu so I replaced it with a shortcut to file manager on the home screen, obviously this will be an issue if you use scripts.

As mentioned I have made these changes for my own use, but I really like the feel now so thought I would share it.

Changes:

1.) Background home category images cycled with more backgrounds, no longer static.
2.) Updated XBMC logo on header (I need to sort the correct font but looks good still).
3.) Skin header has appropriate picture for each category rather than blank header.
4.) Changed icons in settings to PM3 icons.
5.) Aligned header text for each category correctly.
6.) Removed "Exit XBMC, Hibernate, Sleep" from shutdown menu, no use on xbox.
7.) Added the CPU usage % and Memory usage % bars in system info.
8.) Replaced scripts with filemanager on home screen (I don't use scripts).
9.) Added a sub menu with disk space information while filemanager has focus.
10.) Added CPU temp and GPU temp to the system information sub menu.
11.) Sub menu icons changed to the PM3 versions.
12.) Favorites and shutdown icons updated.
13.) Weather location text reshuffle.
14.) Increased the time font size on header slightly.
15.) Added classic start up sound.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8ue2p ... HD.MOD.zip

Some changes in the XML could probably have been done differently but I got the outcome I wanted.
xman

Re: PM3 HD MOD

Post by xman »

Are you up for taking requests for this skin?.. Only ones I've been after for about 5 years now.
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

Yep, I'm keen. What do you have in mind?
xman

Post by xman »

Cool, how about trying this, On the front page how about removing all the greyed out boarders so the whole background is full size of the page and the selected text of the selected item, (Videos, Music etc), brighten or change colour when selected.
On the subfolders, instead of the background being grey as it is, change it to display the same background as the front page is using.

How's that for a start?. Is this what you were thinking?. These two or three changes I think would make the skin a bit more interesting and seeing as this skin can already display a collection of changing pics in the background on the front page, this is how I use it anyway, I'm thinking why not have it display the pics full page instead of having bits of it greyed out?. As for the sub folder page, grey is very basic and some type of background could only make it better. Why not the same as the modded front page?.

Maybe instead of being able to select a different picture source for each of the front page titles as it is now, make it only one source for that front page and have the others assigned to each sub folder so once in the sub folder page for say "Music", the pics going on as the background in that sub folder can all be musically related.

Anyway, they are my thought on improvements for this skin. I hope this is what you were after. Good luck and thanks for looking.
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

Those are some good ideas thanks xman, it's along the same lines I was thinking as well. I will have a go and see what I can do.

Cheers
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Love the skin R32, very lite and snappy on my main machine, now to try it out on a Trusty board.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

Thanks, I'm glad someone else can enjoy it as well as myself :).

Along with giving the the ideas a go xman suggested, I want to try incorporating the "List 2" display option from PM3 into this skin next.
xman

Post by xman »

Swapping PMIII's filemanger screen with those used on PMIIIhd's would be nice. I find when I build a machine from scratch, I use PMIII solely because it's filemanager is so much easier to read and once done I then swap the skin to PMIIIhd.