[RELEASE] XBMC NXE Twist 2012 - Alpha v2 Dev Edition

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Dom DXecutioner

[RELEASE] XBMC NXE Twist 2012 - Alpha v2 Dev Edition

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

Soooo...

The title says "Alpha v2 Dev Edition", this means that you WILL see debug labels and things out of place; the reason is because I have not had too much time to do too much but I figure the community can give this a try.

Many changes have been made and feedback is appreciated. All the views currently visible may NOT be included in the BETA release. I'm still testing and sorting things out.

One thing you will notice is that after the initial boot, you will see an alarm cancel notification, this is not xbmc related but rather skin related. No big deal but I thought I'd give you a heads up.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?anhayhrnaac1ns3

If you have the game "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat" and you wish to test the "games detail" function, you can download the following file and uploaded to your game's root folder.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?yttgmdbdehcqhot

I shoud be writing more details but I just got home from work and I'm tired! :)
Attachments
Login Screen
Login Screen
Last edited by Dom DXecutioner on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox

Re: [RELEASE] XBMC NXE Twist 2012 - Alpha v2 Dev Edition

Post by Xbox »

it looks better :)
Dom DXecutioner

Xbox wrote:it looks better :)
That's the goal... :D Oh, and thanks! :)
valcovo

Post by valcovo »

Thanks!!!!!Great Skin ;)
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Thanks for your continued hard work on this - it looks amazing and I can't wait to give it a go... just too many projects on the go at the moment unfortunately so I may have to wait for the next release to test it :D
Irwin

Post by Irwin »

Thanks awesome Downloading :)
Irwin

Post by Irwin »

Men i LOVE your SKIN when i see it i was like 0.0 dont need a 360 -_-
Dom DXecutioner

WTF!!!! This skin SUCKS!!!

Ok, so I've had my component cables for some time but the most I've enabled in the settings is 480p; at the home screen the free memory is usually about 35MB - 37MB; however, today I enabled 720p and the memory dropped to 29MB - 32MB... how disappointing, not to mention discouraging.... but oooooh soooo sexly clear! :evil:
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

I'm gonna try it right now, fingers crossed :D
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Well done man, I like it keep us informed ;)
Irwin

Post by Irwin »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:WTF!!!! This skin SUCKS!!!

Ok, so I've had my component cables for some time but the most I've enabled in the settings is 480p; at the home screen the free memory is usually about 35MB - 37MB; however, today I enabled 720p and the memory dropped to 29MB - 32MB... how disappointing, not to mention discouraging.... but oooooh soooo sexly clear! :evil:
you are saying that it sucks because of the memory right? because this skin is pretty, i used it with my music and movies and is awesome, is like hacking the xbox 360 dash to the original xbox, and this skin dont gave me any HD videos slowdowns :D! i play videos with 1280x720 resolution and it goes perfectly :D!, everything on the original xbox :D
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

It's not the same as the one in the video I saw on YouTube, the version on there looks like a real 360 dash!!
Awesome work!!
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Thank you sir!!!! About to give this a shot now.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
lordkramdar

Post by lordkramdar »

This is awesome. I really hope there's a full working version in the future. I've been using MC360 still, because I'm super anal about how my Xbox looks. I even went through the trouble of modifying my MC360 skin to update it in line with newer XBMC releases. But I would totally switch skins to this one, if it was fully working.
Dom DXecutioner

lordkramdar wrote:This is awesome. I really hope there's a full working version in the future. I've been using MC360 still, because I'm super anal about how my Xbox looks. I even went through the trouble of modifying my MC360 skin to update it in line with newer XBMC releases. But I would totally switch skins to this one, if it was fully working.
Well... I'm not good at guessing as to what others find useful or otherwise; if no one tries it and feedback is not received, i cannot change, add or fix things.

I use this everyday and I don't have too many problems because I know what views I use all the time; I don't change them and I navigate with no problems. This is why i don't really work on this too much because I'm good with how it works for me and my son. Bottom line, no feed back or reminders on what to fix equals to little to no progress; instead i work on python or other projects i have going on.
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

Great skin so far...but whats the `If you have the game "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat" and you wish to test the "games detail" function, you can download the following file and uploaded to your game's root folder.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?yttgmdbdehcqhot`

All about....?
:D
Dom DXecutioner

sealeysonic wrote:Great skin so far...but whats the `If you have the game "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat" and you wish to test the "games detail" function, you can download the following file and uploaded to your game's root folder.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?yttgmdbdehcqhot`

All about....?
:D
Well, normally you can't get details about any game in your xbox... I have written a script that will fetch the information (provided you have the proper files, i.e., "default.xml") and display it similarly to the xbox360, nothing fancy really. So, if you do have the game, you can download the file and place it in the root directory of the game; thereafter, using the poster view, you can select up with the D-Pad and click the "A" button to see (test) the functionality.
nonosto

Post by nonosto »

Thanks

Very, very nice skin. I m not sure it's appropriate but I would like for the next released high liht a problem with fanart.

Fanrt enabled, the label leap not smoothly like fanart disabled.
It jump from label to label, not smooth zoom.
xboxer

Post by xboxer »

I've been using xbmc on the xbox for a long long time and I've tried every single skin and I must say this skin is top notch, well one. This skin is great so far I like the search bar in the library and I also really really like the game info feature . I've got a ton of games on my 2TB xbox and thats just the icing on the cake. A couple things I've noticed are that whenever I back out to the home screen from anywhere a message pops up saying"alarm clock cancelled with 0m3s left" and when I go to set content the white font is pretty much invisible also I can't seem to find the picture button anywhere. It looks fantastic on my big tv but the font is a little harder to see on the smaller tv on the box in the bedroom a slightly larger font option would be cool too. Other than that I am very impressed awesome work!
M•O•D

Post by M•O•D »

Wow!

After such a long time i'm able to test your skin. What a fun!
Big respect!

I'll be back after testing...
;)

Rgds.