Cant Add NEW Window ID

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
NOTTHESAME

Cant Add NEW Window ID

Post by NOTTHESAME »

so when i try to added a window id that is not used which i found out was 8, or 22 but they dont work, i tried to add this and open with different areas but nothing works, am i missing something> please help
Dom DXecutioner

Re: Cant Add NEW Window ID

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

To add a new window, the window id used must be one that xbmc does not use, say "1115"; additionally, the new window file must be prefixed "custom_", so your new window name would be "custom_fo_1115.xml"... to activate the window on click "Xbmc.ActivateWindow(1115)"... I assure you this works, I've done it recently.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

From reading the code it appears that if Window ID is <= WINDOW_INVALID (9999) it might be considered as delta from WINDOW_HOME (10000).
To be safe I would probably go higher than WINDOW_PYTHON_END (13099).

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Window_IDs
http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/ ... ilib/Key.h
http://redmine.exotica.org.uk/projects/ ... slator.cpp
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Dom DXecutioner wrote:To add a new window, the window id used must be one that xbmc does not use, say "1115"; additionally, the new window file must be prefixed "custom_", so your new window name would be "custom_fo_1115.xml"... to activate the window on click "Xbmc.ActivateWindow(1115)"... I assure you this works, I've done it recently.

i used 1115, but i didnt use xbmc.activatewindow(1115) ill try this and ill take you word on it thanks.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

i was trying all sorts of codes, but i remember i did this before on a old xbmc build i guess it changed, thanks dom the credit will mostly go to you for helping on this one, thanks :)

Dan Dar3 ill try theses (10000).
To be safe I would probably go higher than WINDOW_PYTHON_END (13099).
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

thanks dom it worked i owe you, so what i want tot ry is get a window that will have all game info inside, if htis works then we can try this to be a game info area, but im not sure let see how it works and how it goes, i really would like to ask you, as text wont be presented by xbmc from outside sources, could it be possible i can use your script? you dont have man if you dont want to?

but hey tahnks again for the information, ill be back in a while with results, ill be on game previews posts :)
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

I'm particular about how I setup things, let me do something with the script to set it up the way most have the games setup and I'll start a new thread.

Should be fun! :)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

sounds super fun i like it ;)
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

big thanks
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

so i was adding a window, inside of programs, it seems it wont load as it should something,codes,something is not correct, but i decided to try another few things, so i might end up leaving the programs view how ti is, remove the xmv video, keep fanart, add a button as a already have and make it so a window opens but iwth more info, the reason i think it didnt work is i was trying to call the cartridges 1280x720 which would mess with other things in the area and would show up in black or scrambled.

moved the labels out of the view of the tv, but something kept going wrong and it would show in full screen, perfect for a wide screen tv, except it kept picking up all the pictures in a slideshow lol, so now im gonna keep it how it is but try to make everyting fit inside of that one view inside programs i would remove some items that maybe didnt want to work as i thought it would.