Confluence Lite Game Preview V2 Release

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
NOTTHESAME

Confluence Lite Game Preview V2 Release

Post by NOTTHESAME »

heres the improvement from the last one that had the errors and funny game preview in movies lol

http://www.sockshare.com/file/EA1542F6E6721ABB

i had to add its own view, this way we can build a .xml for game previews alone :)

rememeber it might or might not be perfect but atleast it works :)

nothing has changed, movies play everywhere when you play a movie so dont worry if a movie plays in the little preview window, you can watch a movie while scroll through your games,roms,emulators,homebrews
Dom DXecutioner

Re: Confluence Lite Game Preview V2 Release

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

No disrespect but to prevent confusion you should have kept this in the original thread and updated the title and first post with the changes; then you could simply reply to the same thread stating new changes to bump the post.

I find it extremely annoying having to read a new thread about something that has been discussed in another thread with just updates to the same thing.

Also, it would be most beneficial to add screenshots (embedded, not just links) to the initial post to assist others in deciding if it's something that they wish to have. Just a suggestion!
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

speaking of screenshots i cant get them to show, i input the code img but nothing, and yeah i should of kept it in the same release, dont worry ill take your up on it, just trying to keep everyone happy, no disrepsect done, just alot of confusion going on, i really thought you were gonna say my work is shitty or something lol i was like this guy is saying my work is no good! lol man its all cool dont worrys, but ill take you up on that and keep the same page.

8-)
Ninhooo

Post by Ninhooo »

Dude there any way to put videos on separate folder for each system?. And how to make the video be repeating itself?
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

yes, thanks i will make one for the systems that are on xbox.

write down all systems you have, and what skin are you using, my guess is Confluence lite, this mod is on most skins for xbmc4xbox by now, im not the only one that is using this as for there mods, here and over at emuxtras.net :)

i have not got to adding a button or a repeat code so it repeats,
you got to remember that this mod is for everyone to enjoy so i try to leave as flexible as possible
but for your self if you want this option i will get this by the end of the day, i want to add a button so anyone can turn it on and off.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

i am working a how this is gonna work with all functions at the time i wont be releasing anything since everything is just testing and i can do this until i think its ready, i added a code for each game system, this goes for NES,Sega Genesis, Snes, for back box,fanart,game cartridge are all in there location now.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

so for now im working my way up to build a skin view
im adding a skin view with sprites., still using fanart,video preview,

heres a screen shot http://www.sockshare.com/file/8F955AC538F845FE

im working on back box, cart

this is just testing out where sprites may go, each system will have its own view with sprites,fanart,video.

this is not easy guys :)

example genesis sprites will go in sega genesis view, and so on.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

Game Preview v3 with all Info

okay so i got done with one version of this changed alot of things around now i got the game to have front cover,back,cartridge,background fanart,and video preview all in one window, sadly still no text but was not easy after trying many many things i had to go with a hard way of putting theses togather, its easier to postion where you want them then to have them in a file or some place on your F root Drive, or just a folder, its not that easy so i took a while.

i even added animationed charactors from Streets of Rage, Reptile from mortal kombat 1, contra boss, i had more but, moved them for now, its done

i will make more this helps me practice, im sure that some of you want everything on the screen
so i did add everything on the screen

this is how it works, if you still have that fanart well keep it and dont get rid of it

heres the download :) http://www.sockshare.com/file/CC0F06A8D674D3E1

how this is gonna work,

F:/Fanart/Nameofgame.??

Cartridge name after the game with .Bmp
Back Box.gif

as you know fanart.jpg is .jpg

example

Alisia Dragoon.jpg
Alisia Dragoon.bmp
Alisia Dragoon.gif

the game preview plays on top of the game cartridge which i thought was interesting but i had to make a place for it.

check out the screen shots so you see whats it like, im using Sega Genesis games

http://www.sockshare.com/file/249C49834029FC4B
http://www.sockshare.com/file/8A623988299B8429
http://www.sockshare.com/file/E0514F7A507F7230
http://www.sockshare.com/file/0D755DF779C52465
captainsensation

Post by captainsensation »

looks nice. No text as you mentioned but with the back of the game present it isn't necessary to me.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

thanks im glad you liked it, i dont think i will be working on this anymore, i think this is the final stage of the project, it looks nice, its perfect for thoses who want the game info and game preview its nice enough and its on confluence lite :) what else could they want.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

I don't try but if it works fine, replace :

<imagepath background="True">F:/Fanart/$INFO[ListItem.Label].jpg</imagepath>
<imagepath background="True">F:/Fanart/$INFO[ListItem.Label].bmp</imagepath>
<imagepath background="True">F:/Fanart/$INFO[ListItem.Label].gif</imagepath>

by

<imagepath background="True">F:/Fanart/$INFO[ListItem.Label]-fanart.jpg</imagepath>
<imagepath background="True">F:/Fanart/$INFO[ListItem.Label]-cartridge.jpg</imagepath>
<imagepath background="True">F:/Fanart/$INFO[ListItem.Label]-backBox.jpg</imagepath>

I think it is better to use ;)

so someone helped me out today and i will change this when i do release another version its more simpler then the way i had it, this way nobody strugles lol, please bare with me, now i cant say i wont be working on this anymore cuase i will need to add this and change a few things, with this new code maybe things will be alot better and will be flexible.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

so another idea came up, im gonna be able to have more room and faster to add to other great skins :) faster to use watch your game preview with out wondering from your game cover :) other great things to come.