Xbox Classic Skin - File Manager

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
Bigby

Xbox Classic Skin - File Manager

Post by Bigby »

The file manager for this skin does not display any files for me. The file manager is working in other skins, such as confluence, PM3 .etc

Does anyone use this skin and have the same issue?

edit: also noticed that the dialog window when adding a source cannot be navigated.

edit2: added skin download link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7jq9q ... lassic.zip
NOTTHESAME

Re: Xbox Classic Skin - File Manager

Post by NOTTHESAME »

hey there, the skin is old so there for the skin is gonna have this error most old skins have this error, most of them you cant fix and need to add a new filemanager.xml, you have a few options,options 1 you can grab the newest PM3 grab the filemanager.xml and study it really well and compare, try to edit the old, somethings its just a line or the name that is slightly changed, try to rename or add or remove, remember to back up your files.

2 is you grab the filemanager.xml from pm3 and replace(back up your files) now your gonna open up the old and new as on option 1 and add the images from the old skin file manager.xml to the new one, you might have errors and trials but you will get it use to it, you will soon see things easier.

3 is your replace the filemanager with another skin and use that but it wont match your skin, you might be able to grab a skin that looks close enough and just replace(back up your files) if you dont like it just backup all the time.

option 1 is great for getting the original filemanager.xml to work but sucks and takes long.

option 2 you will get the same skin colors and everything but you might get a slight difference fromt he original its just copy and paste nothing more.

option 3 is just a cheap way of getting your filemanager.xml to work

i hope this helps, you might get better answers from other more interested skin editors/creators on here, give them time they are busy most of the time, go ahead and try theses options and then come back if you need more help ill maybe be able to help you, if i get time this weekend ill see if i can pull it off, i also used this skin but i changed hd on my xbox and left the skin on the other hd with this skin with filemanger.

luck :)
Bigby

Post by Bigby »

I found the svn for this skin and saw that the FileManager.xml had been updated. The file manager now works! :D

http://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge. ... l?view=log

I haven't looked at the updated xml yet, but It will be interesting to see what has changed. I still need to sort out the dialog popups... there might be an updated xml, or if not I will try the suggestions that you mentioned NOTTHESAME. Thanks
Bigby

Post by Bigby »

The dialog popups are now working after I updated the "DialogMediaSource.xml" in the PAL folder and the "FileBrowser.xml" in the Pal 16x9 folder.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

im sure youw ill do a great job i havent had time on trying to fix this issue, sooner or later you will get it running the way you want it, i been working in the real world so when i get a break ill join you to finish the skin if not good luck until then friend ill be on and off to see how its going.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

i had this same problem with other skins but it dont seem to work with this skin, the xii had this same problem the color wont com e in the way i want it but i think i can have to recode everything so the color shows up.