[Skin] Confluence Lite Green Mod

Discussion and development of skins for XBMC4XBOX
cifa

Re: [Skin] Confluence Lite Green Mod

Post by cifa »

@tacitus & DavPow,

thank you!! I love the new background (http://i42.tinypic.com/2wbykd5.png) - this is my default skin - its so XBOX ;)
byron

Post by byron »

DavePow wrote:Thanks everyone! I originally made this for myself, but I thought it would be great to share it with you!
And so it begins - Thanks for sharing, It's always a little offsetting to share something creative that you've done with other people...opinions and such. Don't be bashful now, share more...

I think this thread is good for several reasons, but mostly because it's brought together a lot of people that were searching for a unique xbox themed "anything" imho, and I think what's present from tacitus is quite nice, but also Pow's OP is pretty sweet too. I really like both, and previous to this tread I had been working on a single universal BG in my own mod to save ram (optional to the user)...wouldn't mind using either/both of these with permission of course. I think it would be nice to have something along these lines in all of our skins honestly, something that says xbmc4xbox besides just a logo...a good background speaks volumes.

Rambling aside, dig in deeper and save us some more ram DavePow 8-)
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

I love this skin...when my xbox is in the car out of sight i want ppl to know its a Xbox classic and not a bespoke Audio system or xbox360 ps3 etc.
Excalibur007

Post by Excalibur007 »

Very nice. Thanks again for sharing. Think you could combine the shady blurry one with the XBOX honeycomb? Also, mind sharing that shady blurry one? (for lack of a better description)
cifa

Post by cifa »

i found the blurred one a little too blurred & too dark for me - so I just passed it through irfan (shaprened & brightened it a litle) and heres what I am using:

all credit to tacitus & DavPow for their great work/ideas on this.
btw - i resized this down to 960x540 & reduced the file size with some compression
Last edited by cifa on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

That looks better....mabe have some pictures of an xbox and or controllers....and for the games screen a mix of popular games covers ?
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Nice work, this is the nicest 360 style skin i have seen.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
xman

Post by xman »

sealeysonic wrote:That looks better....mabe have some pictures of an xbox and or controllers....and for the games screen a mix of popular games covers ?

Suit yourself. No rights on the picture either. "Payback" did it for me some time ago for me to use as my splash screen.
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

Now that's smart looking...!!!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

If a green version of confluence lite is to be included in xbmc4xbox (as an alternative theme so it would be switchable), I would need the original images with the colorization etc (only the ones modified from the default) rather than the packed textures. If any xml has changed I would also need diffs. Anyway, please open a ticket on the bugtracker if interested.
DavPow

Post by DavPow »

Okay, so I edited the skin to include a recolor of the orignal wallpaper, the orignal Confluence logo, and the original font. Tell me where to upload the textures, and I will do it (the extracted ones). Also, I did modify one .xml file, so I guess you want it too, BuZz. (Sorry for not being active lately, was busy working on some other little things). Here are some screenshots:

Xlink Kai: DavPow
V1.0, Crystal case, OpenXenium + iND BIOS 5003, 1TB HDD (WD WD10EZEX), XBMC4Xbox 3.5.3, XBMC4Gamers
2 Bunny

INSPIRATION Reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

DavPow wrote:So, I went ahead and tried RoyalX's idea......

......And made this wallpaper, which is not really pretty. It does look like the original Xbox dashboard though. I might need a bit of help for the wallpaper part :lol:. (Tell me what you think.)

Also, @Geeba & xbs

I usually have it in 720p, I only used 1080i for the screenshots. In 720p, I have about 30MB free on idle. (The screenshot posted here is in 720p) :P
Personally, I actually liked the first wallpaper the best, but this one has potential actually. Maybe do an IOS7 icon look with it - sharp, yet smooth two tone with a little fade:

Smooth that wallpaper a bit, and I think you'll have something. Don't give up on it just yet.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

If you want an icon based skin similar to ios then mainbranch has a good one called Si02 (by fastcolors). There is a version for Eden and Frodo on fusion, whether or not it's possible to port over I don't know but it might save anyone from starting from scratch. As with most skins I played with it for a while and it was my favourite skin until another new one came up, me changing skins every month really annoys the missus :D
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

thanks. you can send me the files by ftping a zip to aero.exotica.org.uk and uploading to incoming.

Alternatively you can use dropbox or something or a google drive.
2 Bunny

<IOS6 Reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

whufclee wrote:If you want an icon based skin similar to ios then mainbranch has a good one called Si02 (by fastcolors). There is a version for Eden and Frodo on fusion, whether or not it's possible to port over I don't know but it might save anyone from starting from scratch. As with most skins I played with it for a while and it was my favourite skin until another new one came up, me changing skins every month really annoys the missus :D
Interesting. I was actually thinking more along the lines of the background, but that's an interesting looking skin either way.
DavPow

Post by DavPow »

BuZz wrote:thanks. you can send me the files by ftping a zip to aero.exotica.org.uk and uploading to incoming.

Alternatively you can use dropbox or something or a google drive.
Ok so I FTP'd the files earlier today. Did you see them? :D
V1.0, Crystal case, OpenXenium + iND BIOS 5003, 1TB HDD (WD WD10EZEX), XBMC4Xbox 3.5.3, XBMC4Gamers
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

No - I was waiting for you to let me know :) Got them now thanks.

Couple of issues for the implementation you might be able to help with -

I am not planning on doing a green skin - I'm planning on implementing this as a "green theme" for the confluence lite skin. To accomplish this, I only need the textures that have "changed". some are the same still for example, and those are not needed. the problem is that it looks as though all files have been repacked. the xbmc-logo.png differ in size although they are the same. This means I can't do a quick binary diff so check, and the only way is a visual comparison, or using a tool that will compare the actual image data rather than the binary files.

What would make this easier though, would be if you know or have just the images that you have changed and can provide them.

see this for further information:

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Skinni ... kin_Themes
DavPow

Post by DavPow »

Okay, sure! I will do that.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

awesome. thanks :)
DavPow

Post by DavPow »

Oh, I actually FTP'd it yesterday. I forgot to tell you. Sorry! ;)