How to do a clean install?

geopiner

How to do a clean install?

Post by geopiner »

EDIT: WRONG THREAD. PLEASE REMOVE
Last edited by geopiner on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shloader

Re: How to do a clean install?

Post by shloader »

I'd start by getting a HeXEn 2017 disc (very easy to find). It's got everything you're going to need to start fresh. After that it's just a matter of learning how things work to try and tailor your setup to your preferences. With a HeXEn disc and a chip-modded box like yours you don't have to fear formatting any partition and reloading.
I make a conscious effort to use terms that can be googled.
Xbox modding is really about understanding the nomenclature, and a good HeXEn disc.
Drinking while posting happens. It's not like drinking and driving; try to be understanding.
geopiner

Post by geopiner »

Thanks Man,

So because it's chipped I can technically format every partition, even C, and start again? Maybe a couple steps to help me? All I want to do is get rid of everything all games, game saves, roms, everything, and install xbmc and start adding coinops 8 and the xbox games I want
shloader

Post by shloader »

geopiner wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:41 pm So because it's chipped I can technically format every partition, even C, and start again?
Ain't even technical, but yes. Format any partition. There's a folder on the HeXEn disc that is a stock C drive contents. E drive can essentially be left formatted and empty until you load whatever you want on it. The HeXEn disc has its own format options but I just run XBpartitioner and do it that way. Explore the HeXEn disc for a while and become comfortable with it. Oh, and it would also help to know what Bios you're using.
I make a conscious effort to use terms that can be googled.
Xbox modding is really about understanding the nomenclature, and a good HeXEn disc.
Drinking while posting happens. It's not like drinking and driving; try to be understanding.