Solderless TSOP modding using alternate points?

XC-3730C

Solderless TSOP modding using alternate points?

Post by XC-3730C »

I have a v1.2 Xbox from a guy that botched a TSOP mod to the point where even though I cleaned up his mess, I can't redo the soldering job to where the TSOP mod would work. I saw the alternate TSOP points here:

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... =13&t=1822

I was wondering using these alternate points, what kind of wire would accomplish the job of TSOP modding my XBOX without soldering? I have an Xecuter 3 chip + solderless adapter on my v1.0 Xbox, and the wire that goes into the D0 point is firm enough to go in and stay in, unlike other wires I have tried.

Any suggestions on what kind of wire to use? Here is a picture of my solderless adapter with wire that attaches to the D0 point hole.
uploadfromtaptalk1452476869041.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1452476869041.jpg (19.83 KiB) Viewed 11407 times
professor_jonny

Re: Solderless TSOP modding using alternate points?

Post by professor_jonny »

there is a conductive paint you can use it is often uses to repair the rear window heaters on cars from scratch or corrosion damage. you could just paint the link between the tsop points.

you can also get conductive glue and glue a piece of kaynar or voice bobbin wire once you burn off the enamel if you wish.

you may have to re join the broken traces on the failed points to get the tsop to actually boot I had to put a jumper from the top of the board to the bottom after someone messed it up and gave it to me to fix.

kynar or voice bobbin wire is what you want to use it is really fine and you can buy it in such a small guage to poke through the hole of the via's even finer than the jumper on your solderless adapter

you could make come conductive glue if you wish but is often available over the counter:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Co ... a-Circuit/
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Well I really would like to just have a solderless TSOP solution for future TSOP mods, since I have shaky hands due to nerve damage. I am wondering g, what Guage of wire will fit in the holes on the motherboard that is also dense enough not to collapse?
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

XC-3730C wrote:Well I really would like to just have a solderless TSOP solution for future TSOP mods, since I have shaky hands due to nerve damage. I am wondering g, what Guage of wire will fit in the holes on the motherboard that is also dense enough not to collapse?
If you want something to retain its shape you would need tempered steel like a pen spring or steel/nickel wire like in guitar string as kynar and voice bobbin wire will not retain it's shape, copper is too soft.

I would think a wire gauge somewhere from 35-40 awg would be abought right size to clip into all the xbox via's I know 30 fits in some via's on the xbox board but not all

you would need more than one device as they are not in the same place on all boards and on the 1.0-1.1 one point is on the bottom.

it would be so much easier to paint them on as you can imagine you have one point on the top and one on the bottom it could be hard to align and the points are right next to each other.