Avalaunch FTP setup tutorial?

XC-3730C

Avalaunch FTP setup tutorial?

Post by XC-3730C »

I read in some places that setting up Avalaunch on an xbox provides the fastest FTP transfers from PC to Xbox, or Xbox to Xbox (via crossover cable). I also read Avalaunch has some sort of "boost" transfer mode.

Does anyone have a good tutorial for both scenarios? I want to transfer from PC to Xbox, then from Xbox to Xbox so I dont have to use a PC. I have a PC running Windows 7 x64, and I use FlashFXP for FTP'ing to Xbox.

I have already looked into FileBooster, but it doesn't support uploading folders.
Last edited by XC-3730C on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky5

Re: Avalaunch FTP setup tutorial?

Post by Rocky5 »

Avalaunch + Qwix = fastest FTP.
(same as bellow, but faster on small files)

UnleashX = 9/10MB a second.
(slows down a bit on loads of small files, but still the best option in my opinion)

As for FTPing to another Xbox, use UnleashX + crossover cable or rj45 if using a router.
(when in the file manager press (start) & pick the bottom option FTP Server or something, also if your not using a router, you will need to set static IPs for each Xbox)
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Would FTP''ing from one xbox to another via crossover be faster than FTP"ing from PC to Xbox with a router?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Yes
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

How would I upload specific folders to my Xbox from my PC using qwix/avalaunch in boost mode? Or are only ISO'S supported?

I want to transfer emulators and homebrew (each emulator/homebrew is in it's own folder) to my Xbox without having to make ISO'S out of them (I can't imagine making an ISO out of CoinOps), and take advantage of Avalaunch's boost mode feature.
Last edited by XC-3730C on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scroeffie

Post by scroeffie »

i trie to ftp games to my hdd xbox most games wont ftp fails why is that like marrowind ? or motogp
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

I followed the guide here to try to connect two xbox's together via crossover cable using UnleashX:

http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=1602.0

I wanna copy a folder called Emulators located in the G partition on Xbox 1 to the G partition on Xbox 2.

How would I do this?
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

Would it be quicker if I converted all that I want to transfer (one ISO gor every folder) to xbox format ISOs and transfered those using Qwix and Avalaunch? Can Qwix upload ISOs to specific partitions/folders on the xbox?
r0wdy

Post by r0wdy »

http://www.avalaunch.net/qwix/index.html That is Team Avalaunch's website. Yes, if you have isos then use the batch load with Qwix and transfer to Avalaunch. Qwix will auto detect an xbox running Avalaunch since both Qwix and Avalaunch were both written by Team Avalaunch.

Thank you,
r0wdy
Team Avalaunch
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Just to wellcome r0wdy from Team Avalaunch, very nice to see you here!
Coldly-Indifferent

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

I know this is an old thread but I've had quite a lot of experience FTPing directly between two Xboxes using a cross-over cable and the built in UnleashX FTP client.

When it works it is easily the most convenient and a quick way to get stuff from one Xbox to another. However UnleashX has certain unrecorded 'quirks' which can still cause you problems.

I mention this because I've been trying to sync my two most used Xboxes, mainly for backup purposes and have run into those 'quirks' particularly when transferring certain ROMsets eg. I had a whole slew of ScummVMX ROMs that simply refused to FTP. I did what I often do in such circumstances and that is zip them up using UnleashX and then FTP them.

That usually solves the problem but in this case the transfer worked but when I came to unpack the single, just +4GB zip folder, it refused with an error message about the archive being corrupt.

From tests I did years ago I'd found that there were problems with copying single files above 4GB size from disc and issues with files over 1GB in some cases too, particularly with the UnleashX dash. This seemed similar so I tried XBMC to unpack them: same problem.

In the end the long winded solution I found worked was to split the 20+ games in the ROMset that wouldn't transfer into groups of 4 so the size was around 1GB each then zip them with UnleashX. These were then FTPed to the other Xbox and they unpacked fine.

Normally it would have been far quicker to hook the second Xbox up to my PC/router and FTP the same files that way which is how they were transferred onto the first Xbox of course. However in this particular case I'd already run into what I realised eventually was a similar problem using FileZilla and either UnleashX, XBMC or Avalaunch: 1645 files refused to FTP time and time again.

Only when I batch zipped them individually would they FTP and that involved converting them all from the 7Zip format to standard Zip too (using PeaZip which unlike 7Zip includes a batch converter). Stupidly after I'd unpacked and installed them on the first Xbox I deleted all the original zipped files on both the Xbox and PC and why I had that extra hassle with the Xbox to Xbox FTPing.

FTPing is great when it works but in my experience it is rarely trouble free.