How To Install/Update Addons

whufclee

How To Install/Update Addons

Post by whufclee »

THIS IS NOW DEPRECIATED.
VIEW THIS TOPIC FOR NEW INSTALLER

This is a guide on how to use XAI (Xbox Addon Installer) - the easiest way to install addons. Basically it's a revamped version of SVN Repo Installer but it only has addons that are confirmed as "working on xbox", most of which are not available on SVN Repo Installer. If you find an addon isn't working then please post the details on here with a debug log (posted on pastebin.com) and I'll remove that particular addon until the problem can be fixed.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
If you're using one of Jan'sEnglishXBMC4XBOX builds then it already comes pre-installed and you don't need to do any more, even all the script modules are already installed for you. If you are using an official build (stable/nightly) then follow these steps:
DOWNLOAD Installer here
Extract to Q:\plugins\programs
DOWNLOAD modules here
Extract contents to Q:\scripts (You can optionally install all of the modules via the installer but this is a much quicker way of doing it).

I will try and do a video guide for you guys as soon as I have some spare time. Hopefully though the above should make sense!
Last edited by whufclee on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
stevengw

Re: How To Install/Update Addons

Post by stevengw »

With my XBoX the paths are:

/F:/Apps/XBMC/plugins/programs/

/F:/Apps/XBMC/scripts/
Xbox (black) with 1.6rev board (final), Xecuter 3 Pro, with LCD, XE control panel with pro switches + usb,
IR mod and micro usb programming port. XE 3D Laser logo.
1080i HD mod to board and HDMI output cable.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Ok yes if you're using a different dash when ftp'ing there will be no Q partition. If you ftp with XBMC4Xbox running you will see a Q:\ partition. This is a mirror of your XBMC4Xbox install directory so either way is fine - Q is just a little simpler as some people have more than one install of XBMC and forget which one is the default but if you use Q then you know it's the directory of the currently running XBMC. Hope that makes sense, it's getting late and I'm not sure that made much sense at all!

In case you were wondering... When adding content it's perfectly fine to FTP with XBMC running, it's only when you update to a newer build you need to use a different dash (or if you have a lot of stuff to add in which case you can get it done a lot quicker by using a different dash set to a maximum of 10 connections).
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

I may be very stupid asking this, but i never got this addons and scripts. I followed this on a new build i am installing. I have still the old build as default, but running the new build from the old one. I've got it downloaded and where it should be, but how to start it?

At the same time, can i just copy the old scripts folder to keep my old scripts? Like trakt?
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Just go to programs>program plugins and you'll find XAI in there. Some skins you have to enable the programs menu to appear on the homepage from skin settings (PM3HD I think is one of these). Really should be as simple as that.
ltdanno360

Post by ltdanno360 »

i have jans Build of Xbmc4Xbox V2.1
I only have Svn repo installer
XAI isnt In here ?? or am i missing it
i Downloaded it From This site on his Thread soo im Confused:o

i went to Programs> plugins>and in there the Only one listed is Svn Repo
NEW MOD! Tsop'ed ,, ind.bios 5003.06
1.2 xbox 80GB ATA/133 HDD +
XBMC
ndure +xboxhdm softmoded V1.6 console
XBMC4XBOX before .3.3 jans_english_version
250 gig Maxtor XXXXXXXX
Component cables + Hd tv

RECENT GAMES
capcom collection vol. 2
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

There's no reason why it shouldn't work on the latest nightlies so you can either copy it over from your old build or grab it from the official release thread on the forum and ftp it over. There's no need to copy over any of the script modules, if you do you may break some of the addons in Jans build, you only need the actual XAI plugin.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Could anyone re-up the mediafire downloads? They have been removed.

Ta
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

This method is depreciated, addons can be installed directly from your xbox now just follow these instructions http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=7&t=897